• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Asteroid Belt Feedback

Agent327

"PAy 150 SAAB goods" is fast way get more SAAB goods.... hmmm, did not see that coming... or "Pay 200 previous age goods" to have chance get some current age goods...

ps. my logic fails.... I understand this logic with Events NOT per day questing.

I pay 200 SAM goods, to get at least 30 SAAB goods. I have 60.000+ of each SAM good. The 20 battles is the annoying part.

DeletedUser35612

The military units are terrible! Why would you make SAM units better than SAAB units? You give them less range and movement, so SAM units can hit them first, making them all defensive units? Whoever designed the military units does not play the game much. And 13 reoccurring? That is dumb. When trying to collect 300-500 FPS twice a day, it is too slow and time consuming. Other than these 2 issues, which are big, I like the game. I hope you fix it. After waiting for a year for SAAB, this is a killer!

Algona

It makes no sense,

Not sure a lot of this game makes sense, but I'll take a swing at this one.

Read much science fiction?

Authors set up their universe with technological background to enhance their plot line. INNO is doing the same sans the back ground.

Hmm, there's an idea. I wonder if there is a market for FoE fanfic? Send me a royalty check if you get rich off that idea. Maybe a subforum? Heh. Could be comically awful.

Anyway, maybe countermeasures that obviate a lot of ranged weapons or the same technology that enable a certain military unit also make that unit unable to use ranged weapons.

Oh, sure, I'm reaching and I am not an author, but we are in space. A little more fiction should be acceptable.

qaccy

@Zatrikon I think you're arguing against a point I was never making, assuming I was saying the units were good even though I mentioned that they're not. Did you see the bit in my post about bringing a knife to a gun fight? I was simply explaining that the units have short range because of their designs, and why they make sense from that angle. Making sense != good in terms of gameplay, it just means that if a robot is attacking with giant sawblades for hands, it's obviously not going to be reaching very far with its attacks.

IngeJones

I suggest Inno to try to figure out some feature to help new players somehow, like a feature that allowes a new player to get some real support from a vetean player to be able to make it faster through the ages/eras.

What I did when I was new is send friend requests to players who were in higher ranks. Ok most of them ignored me but a few did accept and they were very helpful to me. A good tip is to get your tavern maxed, particularly having a red tablecloth, as a lot of people will not accept your request if you don't bother to offer them FP in your tavern

DeletedUser32558

If I'd known the Mars Ore was going to be locked on the map, I'd have kept gathering it since finishing Mars. I thought we would only lose the colony
Mars ore can be made as "normal goods" and its allmost better than Mars Ore sites... but lotsa grind.

Does that matter? In the end I will get the goods and some diamonds.
yes, you get some goods and I think that your method cant be recommended, SAAB research requires eg. 50K goods... so you need litle bit more goods than 60K Mars goods to get them via that specific quest type where 200 goods may give 30. :rolleyes:
, interesting game tactic anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

IngeJones

Mars ore can be made as "normal goods" and its allmost better than Mars Ore sites... but lotsa grind.

Yeah I've planted loads of the mars ore goods buildings, but I would not have needed to if I was better prepared. Oh well, makes it more of a challenge I spose. :)

DeletedUser32558

Yeah I've planted loads of the mars ore goods buildings, but I would not have needed to if I was better prepared. Oh well, makes it more of a challenge I spose. :)
, you know that on BETA building gave goods with "unboosted" rate... but lucky us they changed it...

Agent327

yes, you get some goods and I think that your method cant be recommended, SAAB research requires eg. 50K goods... so you need litle bit more goods than 60K Mars goods to get them via that specific quest type where 200 goods may give 30. :rolleyes:
, interesting game tactic anyway.

Sure, like I would get all SAAB goods that way. Makes sense. What if I stop once I got the diamonds?

DeletedUser

That's why there's an Abort button, and/or a high-level Chateau.
Not even with a high level Chateau will you offset the request to "pay 350 Pre-processed goods" and get a random reward
Also pay 250 Platinum Crystals ... lol

I'd like to reiterate my previous idea, of getting a supplementary BACKWARDS movement to the recurrent quest change (Abort being FORWARD)
Do I get any support?

Zatrikon

Not sure a lot of this game makes sense, but I'll take a swing at this one.

Read much science fiction?
Yes. But I do try to avoid bad science fiction that makes no sense.

Anyway, maybe countermeasures that obviate a lot of ranged weapons or the same technology that enable a certain military unit also make that unit unable to use ranged weapons.
But there are no such countermeasures. I can send Steel Wardens and Tesla Walkers and Rocket Troops to fight in the Asteroid Belt, and they work just fine.

This is just plain bad game design. And also bad "science fiction" that makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

Zatrikon

@Zatrikon I think you're arguing against a point I was never making, assuming I was saying the units were good even though I mentioned that they're not. Did you see the bit in my post about bringing a knife to a gun fight? I was simply explaining that the units have short range because of their designs, and why they make sense from that angle. Making sense != good in terms of gameplay, it just means that if a robot is attacking with giant sawblades for hands, it's obviously not going to be reaching very far with its attacks.
I see. Then I guess you were also arguing against a point I was never making. I never said it doesn't make sense for samurais to wield swords. I said it's a bad design to have sword-wielding samurais in a distant future alongside units with range.

ITown

I'm also underwhelmed by the SAAB units. The only thing I can think of is that they are trying to make them challenging in GBG. I imagine if they have 1000% boost they will still be difficult to beat. Don't think that's much of a mitigation for the disaster that is this age's new units. I feel like I'm back in the colonial age with these unit ranges.

One idea I have - give a terrain penalty to units that native to an earlier age. Make the prior age units especially weak when fighting in the asteroid belt, if you aren't going to remake the SAAB units.

DeletedUser32558

Not against other SAAB troops.
MArs units performs fine against SAAB/Mars units

SAAB units underperforms against Mars units and do fine against SAAB units.

, so overall SAAB units underperforming against earlier age units because lack of range.(maybe Hover Tanks can beat SAAB units, lolz)

Nail Storm seems to be good, but Sentinels(Mars age) works fine against it . GbG will show more like @ITown mentioned up there.