• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Algona's Unofficial Answer Repository.

Algona

Background GBG was released three weeks ago. All sorts of folk are whining about being matched up against guilds with more people.

Massive lapse in thinking.

Anyway, just writing down thoughts at this point. May or may not whip this into shape, prolly not. this is gonna be more futile then any other apsect of the game because there really is no way folk can avoid not winning 7/8 of the time and folk can't handle that.

I suspect though that since folk always get some prize out of GBG that this will not be a faral flaw in GBG, just a major irritation for most players.

The bad news, until you are the best GBG Guild in the world you are going to not win 7 out of 8 times.

The good news is there are lots of excuses you can use for losing! Guild size, or participation or quality of players, or diamond spenders or they have no lives or your housecat ate your mouse...

If INNO has done a good job with the MMR system then everyone is gonna be pissed a lot of the time because they will lose a lot, not win a lot, be in the middle of the pack a lot, get relegated, get promted.

And every time any of those happens to any player, they are gpnna piss and moan about how something is unfair,

But unlike GvG there rally are not a lot of excuses for not playing. Anyone can play, no device restrictions, no Era rstrictions, the only restricitions are the will and capabilities of the players.

In other words, how you do at GBG is all on you and your Guildies. And even when you do your best, you;re still not going to win 7/8 og the time.

Whine all you want, that ain;t gonna change.

Algona

Background: After the release of GBG a lot of players created Proposals to fix their individual problems. I think this response covers most selfish Proposals.

----------

INNO should not change the game to suit individual player preferences or to solve problems caused by that player's choices

----------

Sneaking this in.

Background, folk keep asking if INNO ever listens to Ideas.

Here are some random things INNO has changed after player postings on the forum:

Changes to the 2019 Soccer Cup.
Alternate Quests.
Revision of DC Quests.
Reducing the bad 3 Event Quests (scout, acquire, tech) or giving an alternate Quest.
Sets.
Remodeling mode and improvements.
Hood shuffler.
Special Building deletion confirmation which led to
Great Building deletion confirmation.
FP Bar timer does not reset to one hour when the FP bar goes over 10.
Revised Aid priority list.
The experiment of a different recalc tme and the change back.

That's off the top of my head, there are more. Note well, I'm not saying any of these are due to the players asking for them, just that the players asked for them in the forums before INNO implemented them.

A purely personal observation: Most of the above changes were not submitted Proposals, it's quite rare for a submitted Proposal to be adopted. The majority of the above were postings in official Feedback threads or in random discussion threads.

Note that the changelogs for Summer 2020 had a lot of additions to the game that fall under the category of discussed first on the forum.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

[Obligatory "I'm not Algona" mention]

Background: The Egyptian Cultural Settlement was released a while ago and some players have been frustrated by the Loot requirement for Goods, the need to fight, and bitchy Impediments.

Train as many Units as you can, and try to have a variety of them. Fight every day, and only manually. Select Units with bonuses against the Enemy; you can see that just by clicking or tapping on one. Analyze the future expansions you'll unlock to figure out which Impediments are best to remove. Use the free Pickaxes you get.

Algona

Could this possibly be expanded to have links to all your posts in this guide

Yes and no. I suppose it could, but the forums changed and I never bothered to learn the new link with title method. Pure laziness on my part.

while I'm not interested in updating the index, I suppose some eager beaver could put together an Index and I could copy it to the second post. Knpw anyone who may be interested?

WinnerGR

Yes and no. I suppose it could, but the forums changed and I never bothered to learn the new link with title method. Pure laziness on my part.

while I'm not interested in updating the index, I suppose some eager beaver could put together an Index and I could copy it to the second post. Know anyone who may be interested?
Yes I do .

Me.

You will have it by midday monday GMT but probably today GMT

Algona

You had to ask didn't you?

It's like dangling a fish in front of a penguin.

Well uhhh, Hmmm. Welll?

/me looks around guiltily...

It's not like I'm taking advantage of winner. By that I mean, yeah, I'm taking advantage of winner. But in a good way? By which I mean that there's never a good way to take advantage of someone.

Hey! Look over there! No, really, look!

/me sneaks out the door...