• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Champion's Retreat is no longer on the Daily Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triopoly Champion

Victory Tower level 1 should never be on the daily special of any events since almost all top players won't spend any resources on it, reverse-wise the Champion's Retreats will worth the efforts to get for certain players during the particular ages such as HMA, LMA and Colonial.

DeletedUser36145

Champion's Retreat is maybe one of the most useless buildings in the game, except as fodder for the AD.
I have never build one and still have to delete hundreds of champions at the end of each era, or send them as food for the gun in the first lvl of GE, where they still stand some chance because of high attack bonus. But that applies to any outdated unit. And I have never seen many people building it as well.
So, why bother?

Agent327

Victory Tower level 1 should never be on the daily special of any events since almost all top players won't spend any resources on it, reverse-wise the Champion's Retreats will worth the efforts to get for certain players during the particular ages such as HMA, LMA and Colonial.

Still can't find the feedback thread?

qaccy

Champion's Retreat is maybe one of the most useless buildings in the game, except as fodder for the AD.
I have never build one and still have to delete hundreds of champions at the end of each era, or send them as food for the gun in the first lvl of GE, where they still stand some chance because of high attack bonus. But that applies to any outdated unit. And I have never seen many people building it as well.
So, why bother?

Champs are pretty decent units if you ask me. Not quite good enough to have such a limited barracks, but even at worst they're still on par with the other units of whatever age they're from. PME, CE and TE are probably the best ages for them though, especially TE. I never needed to use stealth tanks at all because of how good those Champs are.

I'd like to suggest that part of the reason why you don't see people with Champion's Retreats is because they're kinda...harder to get these days. They used to be a pretty regular offering during big events but it seems like Inno's let them fade away for the most part. I can't remember the last event they were available from. Same goes for Color Guards and Drummers, but those are even more niche than Champions are...

Algona

Champs are pretty decent units if you ask me

Agreed. Their biggest value to me has been that with a 1up kit and Traz I have troops of that Era the monet I enter that Era.

Now it;s not that big a deal for me, I blitz all the tech in an Era the day I enter it. But that used to be a pretty sweet technique a few years back and it;s something I recommend to all apprentices.

harder to get these days

They aren't in Events, but they pop up in DCs. A bit of luck or patience and a player can get a CR every Era. Three cities, I have a surplus in all three with Era locked CRs in each one.

Sure, if a player does GvG I guess having a CR in each Ere is a thing and why I kept a CR in each Era.

Given the easy availability of 1ups and RKs, is there any other reason aside from GvG to sweat having more then one or two CRs?

I won't get upset if INNO puts any random building up as a Daily Special.

I won't object if INNO chooses to omit buildings that I don't see any need to have multiples of and that any player can pick up from DCs.

qaccy

I won't object if INNO chooses to omit buildings that I don't see any need to have multiples of and that any player can pick up from DCs.

On that note, the same thing could kinda be said about Rogue Hideouts...plus, they don't even have to be renovated! But they're still regular offerings from events. Of course Rogues are far more useful, but Inno doesn't seem to be sweeping them aside like they did the other special units since you can expect to see Rogue Hideouts being offered in every major event that comes along.

Falconwing

So, why bother?
You're nuts.
I'm in PE and I only have a Champ Retreat, Rogue Den, and Traz. I can finish GE, get to a 50 attrition daily (fights only, hate nego) in GbG, and take care of all my other combats with ease. My Traz only has to make two different troops and I only have 13 spaces devoted to barracks. When I go up and age, I just use a 1upkit and I'm set. I rarely use the other troops, some GbG over 50, or super high def players. (had to use tanks against a 935%, highest def I'd ever seen, but I plundered a 7pt cider 5 times that week, did get beat up twice though before I went with tanks)

Agent327

You're nuts.
I'm in PE and I only have a Champ Retreat, Rogue Den, and Traz. I can finish GE, get to a 50 attrition daily (fights only, hate nego) in GbG, and take care of all my other combats with ease. My Traz only has to make two different troops and I only have 13 spaces devoted to barracks. When I go up and age, I just use a 1upkit and I'm set. I rarely use the other troops, some GbG over 50, or super high def players. (had to use tanks against a 935%, highest def I'd ever seen, but I plundered a 7pt cider 5 times that week, did get beat up twice though before I went with tanks)

That works till you get to the later ages. Units keep getting better skills and Champs are stuck with Chivalry and Call of Duty. As a result of that Champs become useless except for scoring points against them.

Triopoly Champion

That works till you get to the later ages. Units keep getting better skills and Champs are stuck with Chivalry and Call of Duty. As a result of that Champs become useless except for scoring points against them.
Champions are nearly useless in Industrial Age, so it depends on which era you are camping in. Of course if you are playing in Oceanic Future or above, there are no reasons to build Champion's Retreat, but the total population of those players are very minority.

UBERhelp1

Champions are nearly useless in Industrial Age, so it depends on which era you are camping in. Of course if you are playing in Oceanic Future or above, there are no reasons to build Champion's Retreat, but the total population of those players are very minority.
Well, you can get PME troops in Industrial Age, including a PME champion. So... that's something to be taken into account.

Triopoly Champion

Well, you can get PME troops in Industrial Age, including a PME champion. So... that's something to be taken into account.
Advanced Age units are very limited and often have to be careful not losing them, but you can never build a PME Champion's Retreat as an Industrial player, so Traz won't be able to reproduce them. The version that shows up on the event windows will always be the current age.

planetofthehumans2

Advanced Age units are very limited and often have to be careful not losing them, but you can never build a PME Champion's Retreat as an Industrial player, so Traz won't be able to reproduce them. The version that shows up on the event windows will always be the current age.
I'm in OA and have a TE and AF champions retreat in my inventory.

Jern2017

Limited? Advanced age units enable players to beat armies in GE, PVP and GBG where the opponent's boosts are so high those players couldn't win with their current age units.

Of course you need to be careful not to lose them, but players who are willing to work ahead of their age on the Continent Map and Story quests usually are. Making a mistake and losing an advanced age unit every now and then isn't a big deal anyway - it costs 45 Diamonds to revive it and with all the ways one can get Diamonds for free in this game, it's not expensive and is also well worth the cost.

In a bronze world, I'm seeking a bronze champion retreat but I see that the only way so far to win it is from the Christmas event > buy the reindeer special with diamonds. Of course, since I am in bronze age, I do not have <daily specials> tech yet unlocked (it doesn't come until iron age which then would give me instead an iron or better retreat which I don't want and I don't know if I can buy a bronze retreat in the antiques dealer) but can do the seasonal events. When was the (bronze) champ expected to last or again be expected as a seasonal daily special? Also, on desktop, the new <restart many new productions is a fairly good feature to have, but is it possible to have control over setting or unsetting in the gear-box menu a way to turn off the <zoom way in in depth> and refocus? I don't mind the refocus but it is hard to control from which to which building the next supply up reset production is going to jump to or to know what the last supply reset time was for that supply reset building that comes next in order. And for that, I get slowed down in my collection and reseting order because I use a chateau frontenac too to do some of the make N 1-day productions on a recurring quest from only the modern buildings and may want to set the other supplies buildings in certain parts of my cities to say 8 hour productions for 1/2 of my west end black-smiths and 4 hour productions for the other few black-smiths. One hopes that this is a feature that they could also fix (maybe a box showing for a production what it was that the last production time that the production building was set for could be a good idea).

Also, if I just have say a bronze governor villa and no other barracks and an alcatraz in a world, then will either my villa or alcatraz produce the bronze age champion troops? Is the same true if I have just a bronze villa and bronze champ with say maybe an iron age city with alcatraz (will it produce only bronze champs and /or only bronze villa random units)? I thought I was also told that in theory a villa could produce barbarians and barbarian slingers, but does it depend on the age of my villa or the province I am in on the continent map or both? Thanks

Emberguard

Also, if I just have say a bronze governor villa and no other barracks and an alcatraz in a world, then will either my villa or alcatraz produce the bronze age champion troops
Yes for the Villa. At the moment (outside of getting a Champions Retreat during an event) it's the only way that comes to mind that'd allow you access to the Bronze Age Champion or the Clubman. Maybe Soccer event might have one? No guarantee's until it happens. But the Soccer Event usually allows a choice between Champions Retreat and Rogue Hideout as one of the Goal Shots (independent of Daily Specials) if you carefully position yourself to be a set distance away from the Grand Prize when opening the last prize towards that Grand Prize

Alcatraz would require a Champions Retreat to provide champions. It won't be able to produce troops based on Random Production buildings

t I was also told that in theory a villa could produce barbarians and barbarian slingers, but does it depend on the age of my villa or the province I am in on the continent map or both?
Buildings that provide random units produce from the age of the building. It should produce from every unit in that age, even the NPC units. Thus allowing Barbarians in Early Middle Ages and Braves in Industrial Age

Status
Not open for further replies.