• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Antiques Dealer

DeletedUser39048

Has anyone else noticed that the first time you enter the antiques dealer on a day, the timer remaining on the item for bid is always 1.5X hours depending on the time from logging in to visiting the dealer. How is this possible?

Today 5/27, top bidder for the item is Jester4256. When researching this player I discovered the age he is in is "Ank-Morpork....WHAT?

I smell a rat.

RazorbackPirate

When you enter a new auction, the timer will always be just shy of 2 hours.

Proof on Jester4256? Where were you researching? The only way to see a players age inside of FoE is to enter their city and look at their Town Hall.

DeletedUser39048

When you enter a new auction, the timer will always be just shy of 2 hours. Really...and how is this right? Who am I bidding against? Do they have exactly the same amount of time as me? Doesn't make any sense.

Proof on Jester4256? Where were you researching? The only way to see a players age inside of FoE is to enter their city and look at their Town Hall.
Go To Find Friends....Search friends.....enter Jester4256....click on avatar...visit their city...middle top border, above forge point count is current age.

RazorbackPirate

No, that's their city name.

Yes it's right. Every auction is 2 hours. When you enter, you're added to the latest auction with a timer of 2 hours minus up to 5 minutes. There's no way of knowing who is also in the auction, you'll only see who the current bidder is. Each auction will have up to 49 other players from your world.

What doesn't make sense about it?

Last edited:

DeletedUser39048

WRONG.......I have named my city...it shows the age I'm in. Jester4256 shows I am visiting Jester 4256 but the age is Ank -Morpork.
The highest bidder currently is Commanderstinkfoot and his name and age are the same. as you suggest. My issue here is was Jester4256's bid an effort to jack up the price?

As to sense.....let's take an example....when I visit the antique dealer it shows 1.59 minutes to bid. But how many others have that same amount of time? Would someone else have 15 minutes for the exact same item? Or is it acceptable to have different times for different players for the same item? Never been to an auction lie that....usually all willing participants start bidding at the same time and end bidding at the same time.

There is something not right about all of this.....are we bidding against everybody in our world or the entire universe? How is this working?

RazorbackPirate

You are WRONG. It shows the age you're in because it's your city. Go to any other city. It either shows their city name, or PlayerName's City.

Do you not understand how auctions work? The highest bid wins? It's all about jacking up the price until all others tap out.

Everyone in the same auction has the same amount of time to bid. 2 hours minus up to 5 minutes, depending on when they joined. No matter how much time it shows at the beginning of anyone's auction, the auction ends for everyone in the auction at the same time.

As I said, you are bidding against up to 49 other players from your world.

Last edited:

DeletedUser39048

Oh I see.....when I go into the auction...I am now bidding against 49 random players who all just signed in the same time as me. That's just bogus.

And FOE does not have employees who have created bogus accounts simply to jack up the cost of auction goods. Never heard of ringers?

Thanks for the string of insults that haven't resolved anything.

I know what I intend to do.

RazorbackPirate

Oh I see.....when I go into the auction...I am now bidding against 49 random players who all just signed in the same time as me. That's just bogus.
How is that bogus?
And FOE does not have employees who have created bogus accounts simply to jack up the cost of auction goods. Never heard of ringers?
No they do not. Yes, I've heard of ringers. Do you really think Inno cares what something sells for at auction? So much that they would hire employees to jack around with the prices? Never heard of paranoia?
I've explained how it works. That's insulting how?
Please share. I'd love a good laugh.

DevaCat

Oh please, please, I love a good rage-quit. Oh, you are just not going to spend diamonds anymore? Now I'm just disappointed. :D

RazorbackPirate

Oh please, please, I love a good rage-quit. Oh, you are just not going to spend diamonds anymore? Now I'm just disappointed. :D
Dudes got 14 million points. He's going no where. What's surprising is with 14 million points, he's just now figuring out how the AD works? Long term IA camper perhaps? Just made it to EMA to unlock the AD?

DeletedUser39048

Wow the level of maturity you guys are exhibiting is spiraling down.....

Needless to say out of all the questions I've asked you, you are only capable of answering with questions. That's passive aggressive. What are you 12?

Not going anywhere just not using the auction and gonna tell everyone not to use it cause it's fixed.

BTW...neither RazorbackPirate nor DevaCat exist.....well known members of what? Bye Bye....have fun in the play pen.

RazorbackPirate

No, what you're exhibiting is paranoia. My questions are questions. All of which you failed to answer. I answered your questions, Which seemed pretty passive aggressive. Project much? Let me restate.

How is it bogus? Do you really think Inno employs ringers?
Not going anywhere just not using the auction and gonna tell everyone not to use it cause it's fixed.
Good luck with that. Paranoid indeed. What are you 12 or just delusional?
BTW...neither RazorbackPirate nor DevaCat exist.....well known members of what? Bye Bye....have fun in the play pen.
Knew I'd get a good laugh. Kek.

DevaCat

Didn't mean for you to mess your diapers.
Lol. You don't understand or don't like how the AD works, so you are going to leave in a huff and promote a ridiculous conspiracy to boot? Yeah, quite mature.

Like the Cheshire Cat, I may or may not exist. That to me is far more rewarding to contemplate that the bs you have put forth so far. Enjoy your one-handed clapping.

DeletedUser39048

Well a sensible response.....who would have thought.

I love how the AD works....I buy from it all the tie. I just have doubts about the auction function.

How many players are in Yorkton? Now, what are the odds of 49 of those players logging into AD at the same time? Not paranoid but we are dealing with a programmers logic....this could be a bug or faulty logic. I have worked with programmers all my life and know how this can happen at the best of times.

I have talked to Jester4256 and now understand what the child was incapable of explaining to me. It makes sense kinda.....If the child needs the correct answer I will be more than happy to give him that answer.

RazorbackPirate

You might want to drop the attitude and reread my answers.

Now to answer yours, according to ForgeDB, there are 29,034 player on Yorkton. As I said on my response, each auction can have UP TO 49 other players.

How the programming logic works is that when a new auction starts, all players who activate their AD during the first 5 minutes of the auction are added to the same auction. When the number of auction participants reaches the maximum of 50 players total, the auction is full and a new auction opens up. If 5 minutes have elapsed and the auction has yet to reach a full 50 players, the auction closes and no new players are added. A new auction then opens up starting the process over.

So in the first 5 minutes of an auction, new players are added until the auction is full, or the 5 minutes has elapsed, whichever comes first.

Beyond that, you're nucking futs. A paranoid idiot of the first order.