• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cheating in GBG

DeletedUser24787

At least someone understood my point. In my opinion GBG should be moderated like GE so that alliance among guilds is not possible and fair play can be played and deserving guild wins
Fails to mention he was in top guild who would do this till thier alliance disbanded and they lost heavy hitters now he understanding what they did to others

UnStopaBull

this is humorous thread ... every element of game the players see the game mechanics and adjust . Players camp to have chateau advantage , build alliances for gvg advantages etc etc etc .. As one of the leaders of the guild that is being whined about , I can’t tell you how much effort weve made to prepare for BG and adjust to the climate to be the dominant guild.

I wont go into what we have done and choices we have made but it has been substantial. Inno has given us siege camps , which is for their greed , so we are gonna use them for our benefit. If you can’t break though vs two guilds maybe you don’t belong in diamond league . I guarantee I could form a 10 person league and have better results than most we face in diamond.

on another note , our guild is likely strongest in O world in BG, also in GE but we are ranked just in the 20s, why is that ? Lol well maybe the answer is why we are in the position we are in.. but that is rather lame imo. We have come in first in BG season all but maybe 2 times and those were seconds. Have to chose Whats important to you , rank or rewards.. we’ve made our choice

BruteForceAttack

this is humorous thread ... every element of game the players see the game mechanics and adjust . Players camp to have chateau advantage , build alliances for gvg advantages etc etc etc .. As one of the leaders of the guild that is being whined about , I can’t tell you how much effort weve made to prepare for BG and adjust to the climate to be the dominant guild.

I wont go into what we have done and choices we have made but it has been substantial. Inno has given us siege camps , which is for their greed , so we are gonna use them for our benefit. If you can’t break though vs two guilds maybe you don’t belong in diamond league . I guarantee I could form a 10 person league and have better results than most we face in diamond.

on another note , our guild is likely strongest in O world in BG, also in GE but we are ranked just in the 20s, why is that ? Lol well maybe the answer is why we are in the position we are in.. but that is rather lame imo. We have come in first in BG season all but maybe 2 times and those were seconds. Have to chose Whats important to you , rank or rewards.. we’ve made our choice

Exactly even if tomorrow inno changes how camps work... Players will work it out... and make the best out of what is available to them...folks who fail to change or adapt will get ELIMINATED.... Opps Darwin happens sooner or later :)

Agent327

Unfortunately INNO did say this in the Announcement of June 15, 2019:

"The feature should allow small and big guilds to compete fairly against one another.

There have been different suggestions around this topic and we consider the following way the most valuable path: Managing a big guild successfully takes a lot of effort and skill and Battlegrounds should reward going for this extra mile. This means that the more members a guild has, the more likely it is for them to get into higher leagues. Also, thanks to the league system, guilds will only fight against guilds of the same strength, so smaller guilds will fight against other small guilds "

Nowhere does that mention GvG or the fact that smaller players and guilds also should enjoy fighting.

This is true.

How about Instead of eliminate FPs and Diamonds, put a cap on the amount that can be earned per day?

I doubt it is true. They are not the big spenders anymore. They might be without the free diamonds they are picking up now.

BruteForceAttack

GBG needs to be cross-server. Much harder to arrange alliances and coordinate that way and would be real competition, like GE.

NOOO

I Had to wait GE to refresh for 1hr to see who i'm fighting against.... Lately have you noticed GE takes 15-20 mins for you to know who you are playing against? this is just to start......imagine INNO had to do this every mill second.....we will all be dooooomed.....

it doesnt make sense to team up A server with A1....

What if due to tech glitch 1 server is down?

Nicholas002

I am not understanding the comparison to GE, what does it matter who the GE opponents are? The strategy is simple, do 64 fights/nego's as fast as you can...?
Basically they're saying that even with GE, where there is so little data going across the servers, there is still lag. There will be hundreds of times more lag with GBG across servers because there is so much more data, with fights happening all the time, and as you know, it can be a matter of seconds to decide a lot in GBg, so cross-server GBG would be a mess.

DeletedUser27301

After thinking about it for a bit, maybe point deterioration would work, diamond only. This leaves GBG feasible for smaller guilds in lower tiers but makes holding tiles without taking them more difficult in diamond.

Doesn't have to be these numbers exactly, but something like losing half the points on a tile for each hour that passes seems like the kind of challenge diamond tier guilds should be able to manage.

DeletedUser40143

I realize cross-server is an old topic and may be technically infeasible. But I have to believe there could be a way to avoid lag if proper resources were dedicated to it.

Yes, alliances could still form, but they certainly would be less likely and more difficult to manage. You wouldn't know your opponents until GBG opened.

The biggest benefit is it would pit all the highly competitive guilds against each other. Each world probably has only 2-5 guilds that truly deserve "diamond" status. All others who stumble into their leagues get stomped (hence Ed's complaint that started this thread) and are really what platinum guilds should be.

Separate comment - the title of this thread is poorly chosen.. it's not cheating, as Bull and Bison mention (can you tell they are on the same world as Ed? lol) correctly. They are playing within the rules inno have established and are not cheaters. Even Ed's post doesn't really call them cheaters just complains about what is possible within the game, which is what we are really all talking about anyway.

UnStopaBull

We really are only talking about 4- 8top tier leagues that would be needed in cross over , take the top 2-3 guilds from each world and let them compete. No idea how to pull that off but all the other guilds in those worlds would likely be content not to have to face the top two anymore ....but....then 3-4 become the new top dogs and this issue starts all over again . There will always be a top and always whiners who can’t keep up.

it is a burden winning so may prizes and fighting so much..my fingers tend to get a little sore. Hard to always find places to put the SOHs and FPS we win as well.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

If you took away the personal prizes, why would any guilds bother to fight? Spend any goods? Just to be #1? I sure wouldn't waste troops on gbg anymore.

What's wrong with alliances? Play smarter, not harder.

Maybe there could be a highest league thats cross platform, but not every league should be.

Have less guilds per match. Every week I see TWO guilds at the top fighting each other with 80k points and 6 guilds with less than 5k points. The matches I've seen with 4 guilds worked out pretty well for all of the guilds involved that wanted to participate.

Another solution could be to have dynamic win requirements. Like your first two sectors only cost 50 fights in platinum, and your tenth sector costs 500 fights. That would stop one guild from taking the whole field in the first 20 minutes gbg starts and help smaller guilds. Two guilds going for A1, the one with 10 sectors already will have to fight even harder (but not impossible) against a guild that has say 4 sectors and only needs 100 fights.

Nicholas002

If you took away the personal prizes, why would any guilds bother to fight? Spend any goods? Just to be #1? I sure wouldn't waste troops on gbg anymore.
If the Fps, diamonds, SoH fragments, goods, and all the other rewards would be all put in the league placement chests. then guilds would be fighting 100% for placement, and not farming. it would make GbG the way it was intended to be played....

RazorbackPirate

GvG has no personal rewards and guilds have been competing to be top dog for years. How do you think top fighting guilds got to be top fighting guilds?
What's wrong with alliances? Play smarter, not harder.
Nothing wrong with alliances per se, alliances to get and hold territory work fine. The problem is farming alliances to game GBG for maximum personal rewards. Alliances are not the problem, farming for personal rewards is the problem. Remove the personal rewards and the problem goes away. Add diamonds and FPs to the chests and you've got the extra incentive you need to be top dog.[/QUOTE]
Maybe there could be a highest league thats cross platform, but not every league should be.
As has been expalined, for a myriad of reasons, cross platform for GBG wouldn't work. It also presumes that alliances are the problem. It's the incentive to form these farming alliances, the personal rewards, that's the problem.

To solve the problem, you have to pluck out the root of the problem and remove the personal rewards.
Have less guilds per match. Every week I see TWO guilds at the top fighting each other with 80k points and 6 guilds with less than 5k points. The matches I've seen with 4 guilds worked out pretty well for all of the guilds involved that wanted to participate.
That does nothing. Farming alliances were formed and perfected when there were only 5 guilds on a map. Changing the number of guilds does nothing to address the issue. The issue caused by personal rewards.
Another solution could be to have dynamic win requirements. Like your first two sectors only cost 50 fights in platinum, and your tenth sector costs 500 fights. That would stop one guild from taking the whole field in the first 20 minutes gbg starts and help smaller guilds. Two guilds going for A1, the one with 10 sectors already will have to fight even harder (but not impossible) against a guild that has say 4 sectors and only needs 100 fights.
This again, does nothing to address the issue. The issue is 2 guilds dominating the map in the first hour, then farming for rewards the rest of the league.

OG Hooligan

Pirate is big mad.... GBG rewards are based on participation of the people in the guild and the guild in general. The more you participate, the more chances you have at all the wonderful rewards It offers. Now for the problem of big players “eating” all the rewards. If you are an established player with a high attack boost and stockpile of goods, why is that now a bad thing to other people in the guild? You can’t compete because you arent strong enough and it’s the other players fault. I don’t fail to realize that the strongest players in each world can do more and better than I can so I don’t hold that against them. If you are a player that wants to get more rewards, what should you do you ask??? Get stronger so you can get more rewards. If you see all the top players in each world fighting a lot, then maybe boost your traz and attack GBs to compete like them. I would be willing to bet that people that enjoy the game are now trying to do just that.. stop saying a system is broke because you can’t compete at the level the highest players in each world can. That is ultimate whining and it does fall on deaf ears EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Inno knows to the the last penny how much diamonds are spent on GbG and I'm sure they will do whatever actually increases their profit :)
Diamonds will be spent where there will be competition in GBG but if guilds will team up and use each others siege camps and won't allow other guilds to fight who and where diamonds will be used. Inno must think about this issue in terms of their profitability also:)

RazorbackPirate

Pirate is big mad.... GBG rewards are based on participation of the people in the guild and the guild in general. The more you participate, the more chances you have at all the wonderful rewards It offers. Now for the problem of big players “eating” all the rewards. If you are an established player with a high attack boost and stockpile of goods, why is that now a bad thing to other people in the guild? You can’t compete because you arent strong enough and it’s the other players fault. I don’t fail to realize that the strongest players in each world can do more and better than I can so I don’t hold that against them. If you are a player that wants to get more rewards, what should you do you ask??? Get stronger so you can get more rewards. If you see all the top players in each world fighting a lot, then maybe boost your traz and attack GBs to compete like them. I would be willing to bet that people that enjoy the game are now trying to do just that.. stop saying a system is broke because you can’t compete at the level the highest players in each world can. That is ultimate whining and it does fall on deaf ears EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Mad? Not even close. It seems however, I touched a nerve with you, and well I should.

You really need to go back and read what I wrote. I have no problem competing for rewards, no problem getting more than my fair share of rewards, and from growing my GBs with my more than fair share of rewards, I get more and more rewards each round. Just because I'm at the top with the rest, farming GBG for excess rewards, doesn't mean have to like that GBG can be farmed for excess rewards.

I don't think reward farming is good for the game, I don't think it's good for the guild, and I know it's not good to the weaker, smaller guild members. The members you and your ilk revel in stomping on.

It's no wonder I touched a nerve, you're a prime example of the type of player I'm taking about. The type of player I NEVER want to become. The type of player I've grown to loath.

Pulling the personal Diamond and FP rewards and putting them in the chests would negatively impact me by thousands of FPs each round. FPs I'd gladly give up to return GBG to it's original design intent and end the endless farming. I guess I'm just altruistic that way. Clearly you're not.

Last edited: