• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Remove Friends>>

DeletedUser46413

Hey Guys

How does one remove inactive "friends" from the friends bar???

DeletedUser46413

Yes, I in a burst of inexperienced energy filled up my friends list right away (or at least as fast as possible). Net result is that I have invited 80 friends, cannot invite anybody new, and I wonder how to find and purge inactive players from my friends list

BruteForceAttack

Yes, I in a burst of inexperienced energy filled up my friends list right away (or at least as fast as possible). Net result is that I have invited 80 friends, cannot invite anybody new, and I wonder how to find and purge inactive players from my friends list

" The process is to go to Event History and aid everyone who has aided you. Then go to the social bar (list of guild mates, friends, neighbors at bottom of screen on PC, on tab at bottom right of screen on mobile) and anyone still showing as needing aid has not aided you in the past 5 days. If they're friends, cut them from the list unless they've told you that they're on vacation or something. If they're guild mates, you might message them and ask them nicely about the fact that they're not aiding you. If they're neighbors, attack and plunder them. Bwa-ha-ha. "

In addition i'd go thru guild list and if you can sit on their tavern...then you can remove them...you dont need guild members in your friends list. (some folks think that better to have guild members as friends as they will sit in tavern...)

CherryButterfly

I was searching for the answer to a question, this thread popped up, so I am adding a related question, as I can not find an answer anywhere.

I have deleted many inactive "friends." When I try to invite more, the pop-up still tells me I have invited 80 already.

My question: Is this limit forever?? Is there NO way to EVER invite more friends? If so, there maybe could be a warning to choose wisely, as you'll be stuck with them. You are encouraged to make tons of friends to start, but no warning that these 80 invites are all you will be able to make. If not, how do I invite more??

Once your friend list hits 80 members (or 81 since you are included on the list) you can no longer invite friends. Get your list back down below 80 and then you can invite new friends.

Agent327

Once your friend list hits 80 members (or 81 since you are included on the list) you can no longer invite friends. Get your list back down below 80 and then you can invite new friends.

To add to this, still pending invites also add to the total. Others can however still invite you. Total of the list can be 141. 140 + you

DevaCat

Yep, pending invites count. Some folks counsel getting as many friends as possible through invites and accepting invites. To me, that's just too much a pita. I keep mine >80 so I can send an invite to a goods dealer or someone I want on my team. It's not about quantity, it's about quality.

Farfle the smelly

" The process is to go to Event History and aid everyone who has aided you. Then go to the social bar (list of guild mates, friends, neighbors at bottom of screen on PC, on tab at bottom right of screen on mobile) and anyone still showing as needing aid has not aided you in the past 5 days. If they're friends, cut them from the list unless they've told you that they're on vacation or something. If they're guild mates, you might message them and ask them nicely about the fact that they're not aiding you. If they're neighbors, attack and plunder them. Bwa-ha-ha. "

In addition i'd go thru guild list and if you can sit on their tavern...then you can remove them...you dont need guild members in your friends list. (some folks think that better to have guild members as friends as they will sit in tavern...)
Yes, and if OP needs something visual, they can search Liliana The Magnificent on YouTube. She goes into detail how to do this and deeper into how she made her choices. It’s a pretty good video. :)

CherryButterfly

Yes, I'll have to looka again, but that was the problem I deleted a bunch of inactive friends, still it says I have invited 80. Should I delete more? I stopped when I realized it would not let me add more.

The Lady Redneck

If they're guild mates, you might message them and ask them nicely about the fact that they're not aiding you.
Mostly it is an oversight or RL is preventing them from playing. But do your guild a favor and check to see if they are active in GE and GBG or are contributing to the Sticks thread-, .and if you see them active in the guild threads. Then send a Private message to the guild founder as then they can keep a check on any non aider. As chances are if they are not aiding you they will not be aiding anyone. Guild leaders are glad to get that sort of info as anyone who does not take part in guild activities are simply a drain on the guild and hold everyone back.

Farfle the smelly

Yes, I'll have to looka again, but that was the problem I deleted a bunch of inactive friends, still it says I have invited 80. Should I delete more? I stopped when I realized it would not let me add more.
Maybe they’re still counting the ones over all the way to the right who haven’t responded to the friends request? I have about ten of those that I’m watching...

WinnerGR

Maybe they’re still counting the ones over all the way to the right who haven’t responded to the friends request? I have about ten of those that I’m watching...
Yes it does count those because of players in your friends list weather they are actually friends with you yet or not.

Last edited: