• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Seriously! Stop! Plundering!

You don't need to pay the game. Nobody does and it is camping if you do not move on.
Not good advice to tell new members if they camp, they're not playing the game right. Anyone who stops putting FPs into research and puts it into GB's is camping. Basically you are saying not to camp and just rush through the game. This strategy will definitely get you plundered on a daily basis to a point where most noobs rage quit.

Agent327

Not good advice to tell new members if they camp, they're not playing the game right. Anyone who stops putting FPs into research and puts it into GB's is camping. Basically you are saying not to camp and just rush through the game. This strategy will definitely get you plundered on a daily basis to a point where most noobs rage quit.

If you complete techs in HMA in 3 months you can hardly say you rush. If after 3 months you do not move on you camp. There is a difference between taking your time to get through an era and staying in that era forever. Doing so you miss out on a lot of things and missing out is not playing the game in my opinion. Are you not saying you do not play the game right if you do not HQS? According to you, you get plundered if you don't.

To me, HQS is a totally outdated strategy. It may have worked when it was written, but the game has changed in a way it no longer applies. You keep talking about being able to get enough goods. There have been so many new options to get goods since Cosmic Raven wrote that. GE, GBG, GB's, special buildings, set buildings and so on. The game has eveolved to a point where you no longer need houses, supply buildings, goods buildings and cultural buildings. All you need are militairy buildings. All other basic buildings have become obsolete.

DeletedUser40418

Stop Crying...It's just a game. In fact, It's a FREE game. I've had every city I've played get attacked and yes, plundered...I kinda expect it. It's up to you to provide a better defense strategy or just "collect" your goods/productions before someone can plunder them. If your considering deleting your game just because parts of the game are affecting your mojo then this game isnt for you. I bet you won't play monopoly because you have to pay rent or dont get $$ in FREE Parking...lol

There is a difference between taking your time to get through an era and staying in that era forever.
Show me where Cosmis Raven advocates staying in any age forever.
Are you not saying you do not play the game right if you do not HQS? According to you, you get plundered if you don't.
OP looking for a solution to getting plundered, I provided one, you have not. All you have done is mock me.
To me, HQS is a totally outdated strategy. It may have worked when it was written, but the game has changed in a way it no longer applies. You keep talking about being able to get enough goods. There have been so many new options to get goods since Cosmic Raven wrote that. GE, GBG, GB's, special buildings, set buildings and so on. The game has eveolved to a point where you no longer need houses, supply buildings, goods buildings and cultural buildings. All you need are militairy buildings. All other basic buildings have become obsolete.
Maybe the game may have changed enough where you dont need HQS. I dont know, I haven't got that far. What I do know is after 3 months of playing HQS, my civilization excelled at a pace I never seen before. I am amazed more people are not using this. I understand completely why FOE admins like yourself mock me, because not only does it work very well even today but it eliminates the need to spend diamonds on BP's and FP's. It's another loophole and FOE will lose money if gamers like myself spread the word.
Watch for me on C2 Agent 327, top 100.

ExtraMile

It's another loophole and FOE will lose money if gamers like myself spread the word.
Unless players have a boatload of money to spend on events, you wont get enough of these really good special buildings to keep up with the demand.
99% of online gamers play almost the exact same strategy.
You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

No problem at all with that. I’m not here to judge you (or anyone else) for their game knowledge or lack thereof. We’ve all been beginners at some point.

The problem is your attitude. If you are wondering why your comments have drawn some backlash, that’s why. I don’t know if this was intended, but all your comments seem to project an aura of “I’m right and everyone else is wrong”. Especially when you are making comments that betray your lack of experience, this is a guaranteed way to tick plenty of seasoned players off.

I’m not going to critique your advice, or beat a dead horse in yet another “is HQS still viable” debate. Instead I’m going to tell you this:

If you want to be respected on this forum, then don’t act like a know it all. Comments like:
Watch for me on C2 Agent 327, top 100.
are just asking for someone to put you in your place.

Mustapha00

Stop Crying...It's just a game. In fact, It's a FREE game. I've had every city I've played get attacked and yes, plundered...I kinda expect it. It's up to you to provide a better defense strategy or just "collect" your goods/productions before someone can plunder them. If your considering deleting your game just because parts of the game are affecting your mojo then this game isnt for you. I bet you won't play monopoly because you have to pay rent or dont get $$ in FREE Parking...lol

So what constitutes a "better defensive strategy"?

Cured Meat

It is just so unpleasant. I don't wanna see losing what I had been waiting for after long days of work. I am ready to delete my city if this is not stopped.

INNO should at least give players a few options.
INNO wants to make money. Sure! Provide an option, say 40 diamonds for NO Plundering worlds! 100 diamonds STOP Others Plundering for a Month!

I don't get mad at being plundered all the time, but I DO on tough days. To me game is where I try to forget or recover from real life shxt.

It sounds like I care about losing building fruits. Someone may say collect as soon as it is finished. Well not everybody have the same luxury to pick up a phone anytime they want to! This isn't a solution and it isn't even fair to expect people to do so. Trust me, I would fire anybody if someone does this during a meeting!

Am I just an complaining adult? Maybe I am. But this plundering thing drives me away. Makes me so tired.
Plundering is part of the game, always will be. If you want to built a town/city...or empire.. maybe the Sims series is best for you. You can Plunder back, dare I say...... flip their GB on purpose if they are waiting to collect on it, maybe pop a shield as previously suggested, get some AB for your DA. Plenty of additional options as well. It also could be your account name, it suggests to people think you are a fighter, so they accept the challenge.

DeletedUser36572

It is just so unpleasant. I don't wanna see losing what I had been waiting for after long days of work. I am ready to delete my city if this is not stopped.

INNO should at least give players a few options.
INNO wants to make money. Sure! Provide an option, say 40 diamonds for NO Plundering worlds! 100 diamonds STOP Others Plundering for a Month!

I don't get mad at being plundered all the time, but I DO on tough days. To me game is where I try to forget or recover from real life shxt.

It sounds like I care about losing building fruits. Someone may say collect as soon as it is finished. Well not everybody have the same luxury to pick up a phone anytime they want to! This isn't a solution and it isn't even fair to expect people to do so. Trust me, I would fire anybody if someone does this during a meeting!

Am I just an complaining adult? Maybe I am. But this plundering thing drives me away. Makes me so tired.

Welcome to the Forums ...

I could go on and on about the reasonings and entertainment value of plundering ... Or maybe go on about the plethora of tactics used to avoid or address plundering ... But the best piece of advice is:

Being plundered is actually so insignificant in the grand scheme of things, you cannot help but laugh when someone rails against plundering, and then tries connect Inno profits to arguments.

If being plundered makes one little bit of difference as to whether or not your city can meet its goals ... Then there is something terribly wrong with your city and your overall strategy.

And ... It takes more “clicks” to assemble an Army, find a victim, attack their city, and plunder their goods ... Than it takes to start production, and then collect the Goods.

Who’s Working Harder for Your Goods

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36572

So what constitutes a "better defensive strategy"?

The best/easiest defensive strategy (against plundering) I have found:

Maintain a clean and active Friends List with players that Aid daily, and then don’t have any buildings in your city that can be plundered, either because they cannot be Aided, or you don’t have enough Friends Aiding.

Works every time ...The only buildings in any of my cities that ever get plundered are the Sleigh Builders ... And if they can figure out when my daily collections are, then they can have the 15 Goods with no complaints from me.

Not Gonna Sweat It

Mustapha00

The best/easiest defensive strategy (against plundering) I have found:

Maintain a clean and active Friends List with players that Aid daily, and then don’t have any buildings in your city that can be plundered, either because they cannot be Aided, or you don’t have enough Friends Aiding.

Works every time ...The only buildings in any of my cities that ever get plundered are the Sleigh Builders ... And if they can figure out when my daily collections are, then they can have the 15 Goods with no complaints from me.

Not Gonna Sweat It

With respect, that's more of a "good avoidance strategy" than a "good defensive strategy".

I've always wondered why Inno would put forth the time and effort to create a facet of the game- defending your City via a defensive Army- and so atrociously implement it.

Vger

I've always wondered why Inno would put forth the time and effort to create a facet of the game- defending your City via a defensive Army- and so atrociously implement it.
Maybe because they want a reasonable amount of plundering to happen? If it was reasonably easy to defend the attacker (maybe by using the continent AI for PvP?) then fewer players would bother to attack and plunder.
"Collect on Time" is the best way to prevent plundering. And it just so happens...it drives 'customer engagement'. Inno wants you to keep coming back and doing stuff. If you do it more often because you want to avoid being plundered...that's a good thing for INNO, isn't it?

Plain Red Justice

Maybe because they want a reasonable amount of plundering to happen?
No. A miniscule chance of plundering peanut FP or even double of it for each city (in the miniscule of chances that they actually are slacking) in a reasonably developed age by the time you can afford the luxury of unironically leveling up plundering GBs is NOT and NEVER worth it.

Let us plunder someone's inventory/goods inventory. Let us plunder auction based buildings. Let us plunder someone's FP bundles with zero restrictions. I would never want to spend the expensive cost of making an enemy of someone if I can only gain peanut FP/goods at best. But then again these fun things would never happen because the game is casualized/tailored to be beginner friendly

Graviton

No. A miniscule chance of plundering peanut FP or even double of it for each city (in the miniscule of chances that they actually are slacking) in a reasonably developed age by the time you can afford the luxury of unironically leveling up plundering GBs is NOT and NEVER worth it.

Sure seems to be a ton of players who disagree with that, else nobody would ever plunder.