• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Comparison of break-even time for all FP-producing GBs

• Thread starter DeletedUser27525
  • Start date

planetofthehumans2

But at the point where you've got all these level 80 GB's, whats the point in even having the FP producing GB's anymore? I actually do not see any SAA players with capes, innos or even bg's. It's all attack buildings like HC/SC because there's nothing left to level or research.

Agent327

But at the point where you've got all these level 80 GB's, whats the point in even having the FP producing GB's anymore? I actually do not see any SAA players with capes, innos or even bg's. It's all attack buildings like HC/SC because there's nothing left to level or research.

It's a way of playing. Those players believe they can get more from GBG so focus purely on attack. Others still stick to the GB's.

-Sebastian-

I see plenty of SAAB players with Capes, Innos, and BGs.

Please correct me if I'm missing something here, but...

One of the best attack boost buildings is a level 2 Winner's Plaza in SAAB, which is 13% boost in 3x3=9 tiles. WP2 gives 13/9=1.444_% boost per tile. Cape is 4x5, so 20 tiles. If the Cape were somehow replaced with 2 and 2/9ths of WP2, the attack boost would be 28.888_%. Call it 29%. That's a great boost, almost as good as the 24 hour Tavern boost. But from what the Other Wiki says, that's equal to the increase in difficulty between attrition 69 and attrition 70. So if you're already capable of fighting beyond attrition 70, it might get you one extra fight each day. It might save some of your units, too,

But how many fights would you need to win, to get the FPs that you can get from a level 70 cape? I don't know the exact numbers, but let's say you get a reward 50% of the time, and 50% of the time you get a reward, it's FP. And let's say you're in Diamond league, so it's 10 FP. You'd need to win 4 battles for each 10 FP, so 4x7=28 battles would get you (on average) 70 FP. I don't think an extra 29% attack boost is going to let you win 28 more battles. Maybe if your attrition got to a borderline level, and suddenly you were presented with a 5-siege-camp tile to attack, but that's a rare case.

Plus, unless you don't value your time, it's a lot more efficient to get your FP by clicking on one bulding, once a day, rather than fighting 28 *more* GBG fights every single day. (And this doesn't even take into account that we can only fight GBG for 11 out of every 14 days, but I'm also ignoring the other GBG rewards, like SoH fragments..)

-Sebastian-

You are missing that a lvl 2 Winner's Plaza is not available yet.

Yeah, but it's going to be soon. And it's got a higher attack boost than a Checkmate Square, which is something that people were very ... excited .... about in the last event. I didn't know what the numbers would be before I wrote the post, but I suspected, and I wanted to make sure that the whole thing wouldn't be undermined by someone pointing out a better attack building, afterward. :)

Agent327

In all honesty, if you are a dedicated GBG player your traz is making way more FPs per day than any GB in this thread... unless you have a super high arc and are very active in 1.9 threads and snipes.

If you are a dedicated GBG player you know that you at least need a good attack boost to go with that Traz. If you look at the perspective of just a single GB there are better ones than the Traz when it comes to fp's.

UnStopaBull

If you are a dedicated GBG player you know that you at least need a good attack boost to go with that Traz. If you look at the perspective of just a single GB there are better ones than the Traz when it comes to fp's.

Yes like a chateau .. if you don’t know why I may not tell you

OG Hooligan

Will let my 2200/800 attack take care of GBG
So why bring up CF... I do agree it’s the second most important GB in game but traz is fast becoming a more important GB than CF and even 80 arcs. With a decent attack boost and troops, the FPs gained from the troops traz spits out are enormous!!! If your guild can keep 72 and above sectors coming in GBG then you are golden.

UnStopaBull

Because chateau is 2nd most important , traz doesn’t work alone , need Zeus, TA, Cdm etc for it to be super effective.

BruteForceAttack

Of late...Chateau is losing it's shine in some ways....with new way of adding fps...it is very risky to do RQ's...we can still get some RQ's done but not as many as we could earlier with 1.9...yeah maybe HQS still ok...but then again at higher levels RQ cycle is way to long SABB- 11 aborts and no ubq

O beautiful queen

Excellent post. Persuaded me to get that CC and raise it to level 70.

Inspired by Laozi, I did a similar analysis for the Himeji Castle and Space Carrier. With the same assumptions. For comparison I included CC, Inno and BG with a 5-fp return. Also added BG with an average of 10-fp return on double collection, which should now be feasible with all the newer special buildings.

HC
HC and SC on average gives 18.5 FP as spoils_of_war when paying out. (10*0.25 + 50*0.12 + 200*0.05 = 18.5).
The expected average payout is thus 18.5 x P(spoils_of_war) x N_attempt.

Data for HC and SC grabbed at wikia.

Results
The figure below shows the time needed to reach break-even as a function of GB level. Legend: Himeji Castle (HC), Cape Canaveral (CC), Innovation Tower (Inno), Space Carrier (SC), Blue Galaxy with a 5fp average double reward (BG-5), Blue Galaxy with a 10fp average double reward (BG-10)

The overall conclusion is that
- CC is still the GB with fastest break-even on invested FP.
- BG with an average of 10 fp payout on each double collection is (as predicted) the second best.
- BG with an average payout of 11.6 fp or more will become the best FP with regards to break even on FP investment (not shown in figure).
- HC at level 41 is almost as good as Inno at level 65.
- The curve for HC is "flat" from level 20 to level 58. So why not take it to 58, and optimise other benefits from it?
- SC has same payout as HC only its a little more expensive, so it takes roughly 25 days more to reach break even.

View attachment 16079
So with this updated version, assuming a higher payout with BG, I actually average 20+ per day extra with BG at level 30, is the breakeven level adjusted from 54 as was originally stated? Am I missing the new level in the graph?
thanks for any additional guidance

Essentially cape is the best in terms of FP only, and ToR is not so much built for FPs, but other rewards given in GE. And Kraken is the worst not counting ToR.
List based on what I feel are more ideal levels for the GBs.
(fps takes to reach that lvl based on 1.9x valued spots) *FP generated by GB /average fp per lvl
(not taken into account are the fps gained on each lvl while leveling)
BG: 55 (23,740)*86 /276 (13x11fp*143)
Cape: 68 (18,813)*68 /277
Arc: 90 (14,137)*50 /283 (if 9500fp per day locking at 1.9x)
Inno: 70 (14,550)*42 /346
HC: 58 (26,571)*75 /355
Hagia: 65 (14,547)*39 /373
SC: 58 (28,392)*75/ 379
BG: 55 (23,740)*62 /382 (13x8fp*104)
AO: 63 (26,459)*63 /420
CDM: 65 (17,866)*39 /458
Kraken 60 (26,165)*48 /545

Nicholas002

Blue Galaxy is a GB that will continue to gain value as time passes. While it often was considered a pretty poor FP GB, to be built only when you have nowhere else to put your FPs, It is fast becoming a viable option, and in a few years may even become overpowered.

When BG was released (early 2018), the highest FP producing building was the Terrace Farm, at 5 FPs. so the highest average collection possible, was 5.
Now, with the Train, Hippodromes, harvest barn, and TF 2.0, it is not uncommon to have an average collection of 10, and it is possible to have an average collection upwards of 15. (I have only been playing 5 months, and my average collection for my top 10 buildings is over 10) I am sure there are already players whose top 10 buildings average 15, especially diamond spenders.

This shoots the value of the BG through the roof.

judging by this, in a few years average collections upwards of 20 FPs, are not out of the realm of possibility.1599751730748.png

to put it in perspective:
a level 67(sweet spot) BG gives:
(with a 5 FP average collection) 45 FP/day
(with a 20 FP average collection) 179 FP/day

Nicholas002

Blue Galaxy is a GB that will continue to gain value as time passes. While it often was considered a pretty poor FP GB, to be built only when you have nowhere else to put your FPs, It is fast becoming a viable option, and in a few years may even become overpowered.

When BG was released (early 2018), the highest FP producing building was the Terrace Farm, at 5 FPs. so the highest average collection possible, was 5.
Now, with the Train, Hippodromes, harvest barn, and TF 2.0, it is not uncommon to have an average collection of 10, and it is possible to have an average collection upwards of 15. (I have only been playing 5 months, and my average collection for my top 10 buildings is over 10) I am sure there are already players whose top 10 buildings average 15, especially diamond spenders.

This shoots the value of the BG through the roof.

judging by this, in a few years average collections upwards of 20 FPs, are not out of the realm of possibility.View attachment 16934

to put it in perspective:
a level 67(sweet spot) BG gives:
(with a 5 FP average collection) 45 FP/day
(with a 20 FP average collection) 179 FP/day
I just looked at this for my city, and was surprised to see that BG would actually be a better FP producer than HC!
My top 6 average is 12.17 (higher if my CN's hit on FPs)
  • Hippodrome Sphenodone: 15 FP
  • Hippodrome Carceres: 13 FP
  • TF 2.0: 12 FP
  • Airship: 9 FP
so at lvl 10, BG would give me 23.36 FP/day, while HC would give 23.1 FP/day.

both would give some extra stuff on top of the FPs.
Plus, BG is smaller and cheaper to level.

Anyway, just be aware that BG is getting better, because most players don't like it, atm.