• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Best use for goods: GBG or selling?

Nicholas002

The current convention, is for high era players to sell their goods for FP.
I am wondering, with the addition of GBG, and the ease of farming for rewards, would it not be more productive to negotiate in GBG rather than selling your goods?

For an arc set, you would get about 300 FP for 1875 goods.
The average GBG negotiation (at less than 5 attrition) is about 18 goods.

So you could do about 100 negotiations with an arc set in a good farming season.

I'm not sure what the drop rate for FP is in GBG, but based on experience, I would guess that in diamond league, you could get at least 300 FP with 100 negotiations.
In addition, it would be good for the guild.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Is it a valid point? (I am guessing the hitch might be that high era players have the fighting capacity to do endless autobattles, making negotiations too slow... FYI negotiations have higher chance of rewards than fights)

Emberguard

Depends on how much work you want to put into it, whether you can do it with siege camps and if you're selling to help your guild build up their own Arcs.

ExtraMile

The drop rate per negotiation (which can be found on the unofficial wiki) is just about 25% per negotiation, so assuming that a player is in diamond league, that is roughly 250 FP per 100 negotiations.

So as for your question as to if you should use goods in GBG, or sell them, I would say that this depends on a the circumstance. Goods in higher ages can be sold for more FP for example (and the value of goods are different on each world). Also you have to take into account that some previous age goods will be needed. Negotiating sectors that only require current age goods will, in most cases, force you to stray away from the lowest attrition sectors quite often. If you only want to hit low attrition sectors, you will need previous era goods. For this reason, the market can be a limiting factor on how many negotiations you can actually do (unless you purposely keep enough event buildings in the previous age, or build a Star Gazer). Because of all these variables (and probably many more I’m just failing to think of), there really is no simple answer to your question.

I will say this though:

If you are in an advanced age, already fighting to high attrition, it is almost always better to sell the goods, simply because at that point the goods cost per negotiation would be extremely high (and selling would give more FP per good).

Last edited:

-Sebastian-

Is that average of 18 goods/negotiation taking into account failed negotiations? Or spending diamonds on negotiations?

Plus, not all guilds will be able to consistently provide you with 5-siege-camp tiles, and other members might get upset at you hogging all the fights when you have other ways to get FP. Both a SAAB player and an Iron Age player can get FP from GBG negotiations, but only the SAAB player can get FP from selling their goods. It's similar to the economic principle of "comparative advantage"...

Another thing is, negotiations take time. Selling goods, if both people are experienced, doesn't take nearly the time that 100 negotiations do.

Plain Red Justice

I dunno I don't think throwing away even 20 of each SAAB/SAM goods for like 10 or 20 FP reward is remotely worth it compared to selling 100 SAAB goods for 200 FP.

Reese7990

The current convention, is for high era players to sell their goods for FP.
I am wondering, with the addition of GBG, and the ease of farming for rewards, would it not be more productive to negotiate in GBG rather than selling your goods?

For an arc set, you would get about 300 FP for 1875 goods.
The average GBG negotiation (at less than 5 attrition) is about 18 goods.

So you could do about 100 negotiations with an arc set in a good farming season.

I'm not sure what the drop rate for FP is in GBG, but based on experience, I would guess that in diamond league, you could get at least 300 FP with 100 negotiations.
In addition, it would be good for the guild.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Is it a valid point? (I am guessing the hitch might be that high era players have the fighting capacity to do endless autobattles, making negotiations too slow... FYI negotiations have higher chance of rewards than fights)
Your Hitch is correct. 1. Auto battling is far faster. 2. The loss of troops is minimal for top tier players, in comparison to the amount of goods spent. 3. 300 fps is a little high for 100 negotiations. Id say 200 is more realistic.

Plain Red Justice

There are players willing to pay 2 FP/SAAB good??? Good for you I guess, but in J people that I spoke with were paying 1 FP for 1.5-2 SAAB goods, immediately after the age went live, and it's gone down since.
There is more to Capitalism than just looking for good prices. There are still factors like sincerity, opportunity costs and bonds. Whether I like it or not, I will have the opportunity to gain gorillion of FPs with just 100 SAABs assuming that I possess the skill to do so, so even if there are cheaper sellers (which depending on the situation, are either hard to find or offline), I would be picking the one that is available instead of being stubborn about cheap prices