• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaccy

I do not do those things. Apparently I am not allowed to express my frustrations.
Done with you people.

Sorry, it just really seems like you're getting frustrated over what amounts to nothing. All the event boils down to this year is that there are now two windows to win prizes in instead of just one. That's pretty much all that matters. You don't need to know or learn anything to make use of that, and there really isn't that much to learn anyway. Picking units for a battle is more complicated than either side of this event window.

WinnerGR

Now I really hate the event ; there was no change in how hard matches were between Beta and Us but here I have not managed to win a single really hard match wereas on Beta I won it so often and then even the middle one is hard.

Way to much luck needed.

emmagirl2

Now I really hate the event ; there was no change in how hard matches were between Beta and Us but here I have not managed to win a single really hard match wereas on Beta I won it so often and then even the middle one is hard.

Way to much luck needed.
I win so easily 30 percent chance of winning on hard and I win

emmagirl2

This is what I am saying , so much luck.
I disagree.
I think the sever picks an number between 1-100 and each prize or win or lose is given a set of numbers according to the percentage they are eg 30% so 30 numbers
This answer is purely logical

planetofthehumans2

I disagree.
I think the sever picks an number between 1-100 and each prize or win or lose is given a set of numbers according to the percentage they are eg 30% so 30 numbers
This answer is purely logical
It's just luck. 30% chance you win you're not GUARENTEED to lose, you still have 1/3 chance of winning. You can win 100 1% odds in a row, but the odds of doing that are 1/10,000.

I havent gained any points in now 2 days, all losses on medium difficulty with at least 50% chance.

Too much luck for my personal enjoyment, and the fact that it is a competition between players only adds to the apparent ridiculousness of it all. In fact, a player could decide to spend a significant amount of money and yet have a zero percent chance of winning anything because it is all random and arbitrary. I applaud the devs for creating an entirely new mechanic that has only one function: to bring in more money. KUDOS! The new element to this event requires no skill and has no overwhelming benefit in my opinion. I will spend my energy drinks in the training sessions and pass on the other side. As such, I do understand the frustrations of quite a few players, however, it is just a game. Please don't allow a game to bring such frustrations that you want to rant for hours or even give it another thought. Evolve your thinking to simply decide to eliminate the source of frustration while enjoying the elements that suits you best.

IngeJones

I don't understand how to play it. Well the "training" bit seems familiar enough but when it comes to picking a team for the tournament, I can't make anything work, I don't know how to pick the team. The match keeps starting while I am trying to find out what to click on.

DeletedUser4441

As the old skit song went.... “if it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all...gloom, despair and agony on me”

seriously though folks, the RNG is just that and the percentage chance is based on all attempts by all players. It averages out over hundreds of thousands of samples server/game wide. A single player losing 5 or 6 in row then decrying the game is rigged is a joke. Far far too small a sample to make a judgement on like that.

Dominator - X

I don't begrudge anyone who spends a lot of diamonds on events, but you can always tell who does by their early ranking. The first day of the event, we had guys with team strengths of well over 100 and high scores of well over 10,000 points. I think many would be happy to end the event with numbers like those. ;~)

Thus far I do like the event. I don't share the opinion of many commenters about it being "so complicated". Definitely a learning curve, but it took like 5 minutes or less to get the event figured out. I finished the main questline in less than 24 hours, by using the Fandom Wiki to plan for quests ahead of time. I did lose some matches in which I was much stronger than my competitor, but it goes with the territory. I also won 2 that I probably should have lost, when I gambled and went all out. I have also lost 2 that were evenly matched. There really isn't much skill to it. You just have to pick a competitor and hope the software chooses your team to win.

My guys are just glad to be back on the field after such a long interruption to the season due to the Wuhan Virus 2019.

kmc11

I liked the general idea of the event, even though it seemed a little bit complicated at first.

Then I noticed that the tournament is really just a rock-paper-scissors with five hands and I was pretty much set.

Although I do believe that it wasn't the intention that you yolo full wombo combos into tournament each round.

Example:

Enemy: 0-1 Attacker - Go full mid
Enemy: 0-1 Defender - Go full attack
Enemy: 0-1 Mid - Go full def

Kinda makes this event seem more bloated than it should be, if that was a design choice. Could've been a 1vs1 Goal Shot Tournament instead with 3 rounds and you gotta select a different player each round to counter the enemy or whatever idk.

qaccy

You can win 100 1% odds in a row, but the odds of doing that are 1/10,000.

It's actually much, much less than a 1/10000 chance. That's just the odds of hitting two 1% hits in a row. The odds of hitting 100 are 1/100^100, which I think comes out to 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. I'm not actually sure if this is correct either, but I think it is!

RazorbackPirate

I don't understand how to play it. Well the "training" bit seems familiar enough but when it comes to picking a team for the tournament, I can't make anything work, I don't know how to pick the team. The match keeps starting while I am trying to find out what to click on.
To change the members of your team, click on the button to the right of your team.

Lady Gato

They do need to have a better explanation of the cards and what the notation on the cards mean. And they need to overemphasize that just because you have a 78% chance on a match of winning against a team that is 20 points below yours -- doesn't mean you are going to win in the tournament. It's been difficult for me as this is my first soccer event - but eventually after reading everything (including both wikis and watching videos) I have sort of figured it out.

Reese7990

They do need to have a better explanation of the cards and what the notation on the cards mean. And they need to overemphasize that just because you have a 78% chance on a match of winning against a team that is 20 points below yours -- doesn't mean you are going to win in the tournament. It's been difficult for me as this is my first soccer event - but eventually after reading everything (including both wikis and watching videos) I have sort of figured it out.
The tournament part is new this year. Last year it was only the practice game with a choice of coaches who boosted different things. Far simpler.

qaccy

The tournament part is new this year. Last year it was only the practice game with a choice of coaches who boosted different things. Far simpler.

Not quite last year! Coaches were the new mechanic introduced in the Forge Bowl event earlier this year.

Goes to show how similar the two events are in their presentation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.