• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Chen-

You get a set reward for every goal scored. The random reward is in addition to that, and is, effectively, another passing reward.

So far, it's just a normal event, with the random tourney on the side. My players are all a bit under-leveled since I've only done training on day 1. Hasn't been a reward since then that I've been interested in, and I did poorly on day 1 for dailies, so I'm a bit bummed that the altar garden selection kit doesn't look like it'll be making a second appearance.
I'll admit I could have been somewhat clearer, but I was referring to the final reward for completing the training, which is one of three or four items chosen randomly, my contention and suggestion to INNO is that for the final reward, you should be able to choose which of the options you like most.

That said, even the part you refer to where you 'pick the net' before you actually score the goal is not a "set reward," it's just narrowed down to groupings like all the passes you make down the field-Military based, goods based, FP's, etc.

Freshmeboy

Not a fan of the event..it's another monster but it can't be fully upgraded without diamonds...Soooo. It will sit in my inventory for two years until I can get the rest of the upgrades. I won't plant something this size half-baked...You can do better INNO....

Agent327

I don't get the first part of that. How does it push you to spend Energy Drinks every day? I'm saving my drinks for a DS I want. No pressure to spend them.
For the tournament, I'm using my tickets as I get them in my main, so I get the 3 free dailies. In my DF, I'm letting them build up and will use them if/when the DS is a well or shrink kit. Nothing else I care about, so I'll sacrifice the 3 daily freebies to have a stock should something good come up.

I think some feel the rush to spend drinks to get more player cards early on.

-Chen-

Wishing Well, worthless? I'm not tired of free diamonds yet. I know everybody has his or her own play style but if you're choosing a Drummer's School over a Wishing Well that's a play style of a unique sort.

This is a perfect example of why the last reward for completing the training should be the players choice, not chosen randomly by the game.

I personally find the wising wells worthless. Sure, I'll always take a handful of free diamonds if a quest or expedition reward gives them to me, but I'd just as soon pay a few bucks for an actual decent amount of them that I then keep around for whenever I need them.

As for the drummer school, yea, you and I would have zero interest in it, but a new player still in the bronze age might love to have one for their next couple of levels, which leads back to my whole point about giving people the choice of something that is actually worthwhile 'to them.' I haven't been playing long, but it's clear that there are lots of different play styles and tastes.

RazorbackPirate

You cannot say that with any certainty, hence it could be erroneous advise. Players come to the forums for help and something that you can't possibly know is true may turn out to be bad advice.
elevate your mind and please just let your ego have a chance to help people.
I can say it with certainty, and I did say it with certainty. Why? Because I'm certain we will see the Hippodrome again in next year's Soccer Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:

WiseOdin

51% chance to win = You lose
63% chance to win= You lose
72% chance to win = You lose

Hmm.. I think I figured it out. Inno is backwards. Up s down and down is up..
32% chance to win = You lose

This is the first event I've played by Inno, where you put forward the effort, do the quest, play smart, and still don't get anything half the time. I guess the idea is we'll all open our wallets and throw money at the problem.

-Sebastian-

51% chance to win = You lose
63% chance to win= You lose
72% chance to win = You lose

I've had strings of bad luck and strings of good luck. I haven't been keeping track, but I think they balance out for me, in both my worlds.

That said... Inno, here's some feedback: I think it'd help make the Tournament part of the event more satisfying, if there were some sort of indication of how well our team did, instead of a binary win/lose indicator. You probably use a random number generator behind the scenes, so maybe have some sort of graphic that displays how well the team performed? Like, if we had a 63% chance to win, show us whether the RNG came up at 1 or 24 or 64 or 89 or whatever. Maybe with a few animations, or at least a moving bar, which we can watch to see if it goes far enough to break the threshold.

Also, please let us know how many league points we get for each of the match-ups, beforehand. You don't have to tell us the details of how you calculate the points for each match-up, but please just give us the numbers. That would help make us feel like we're making a meaningful choice to take a known risk to get a known reward, which would in turn make us feel more satisfied. Right now, I can pick from three choices, but I don't know why I should prefer one to another.

Iroh the Tea Maker

I've had strings of bad luck and strings of good luck. I haven't been keeping track, but I think they balance out for me, in both my worlds.

That said... Inno, here's some feedback: I think it'd help make the Tournament part of the event more satisfying, if there were some sort of indication of how well our team did, instead of a binary win/lose indicator. You probably use a random number generator behind the scenes, so maybe have some sort of graphic that displays how well the team performed? Like, if we had a 63% chance to win, show us whether the RNG came up at 1 or 24 or 64 or 89 or whatever. Maybe with a few animations, or at least a moving bar, which we can watch to see if it goes far enough to break the threshold.

Also, please let us know how many league points we get for each of the match-ups, beforehand. You don't have to tell us the details of how you calculate the points for each match-up, but please just give us the numbers. That would help make us feel like we're making a meaningful choice to take a known risk to get a known reward, which would in turn make us feel more satisfied. Right now, I can pick from three choices, but I don't know why I should prefer one to another.

Played the exact same strategy in two worlds, one is in Bronze league, other is in Gold league. Too early to make a conclusion, but it's a lottery.

CDmark

Great feedback post bcs I have been tracking too. Now, if you like to get involved with the mechanics of it, the above feedback would help tell you when to rematch. So, baseball time. Lets say you went up against the best team in the league, was it 5-4 L, 3-2 L OR 26-2 L and 13-5 L (they brought in some AAA players, nothing wrong with your car...lol). That would save you tickets. It wouldn't tell you what you did wrong, but why go 3 more matches and get more than swept in the series (assume 5 in a row, 7 game series), even hockey players wont play game 5.

To the mechanism. if you click right away, it is not RNG, it is you, not manipulating the percents (RPS-rock/paper/scissors), no fault of the designer. But, If you get 26% and can change it to 30%, hard, and 42% and can change it to 49%, medium, you have 2 choices bcs those choices are not good.
1) use the free shuffle, get one every 24 hr...use it first
2) go easy match

But, I have found that you can get the hard to 45% and medium, hold your hats, to 68%.
Here is the RPS part. move players in and out. DO NOT worry about the player level, that is a smoke screen. It will affect your points but it is a range. Winning is more important then 49 vs 51. If you don't win, you get the goose egg. The % win matters but look at RPS too. I have thought about this part, who starts is my first question, Do I put out or the opponent? Makes a difference in RPS. Also in real RPS, the first one to put out, the other has it ready at his back. So, usually, RPS was done with 2 people, from what I remember doing. Rule #1, no cheating....which brings me to the RNG. Seems like an RPS/RNG cheater. But this one seems a bit, let's say, skewed, good math word.

Easy match reminds me of carnival, when no one was around. You would click that hammer just to cycle. Only use it if you you need to shuffle medium and hard ie bad match ups for both. This is more complex. I agree with those that don't want complex. I think giving that Hippo kit in Amateur League, means do something. Do nothing, well, take up a Hobby, bcs that will be the league you place.

I agree with casual players, too complex. I do not agree with players that say..."give it to me". This part is new and extra, my players have 100+FP just by clicking. I think if you just click-a-bit, you will get better results. If you like puzzles, it is a good one.

WinnerGR

So, baseball time.
Its Soccer
it is not RNG
It is RNG
I agree with casual players, too complex. I do not agree with players that say..."give it to me". This part is new and extra, my players have 100+FP just by clicking. I think if you just click-a-bit, you will get better results. If you like puzzles, it is a good one.
It isn't that complex

-----

Apart from that great analysis.

Fragile ego, persecution complex, inability to reason and use logic. You are quite the piece of work. Shall I get my ruler?
Now you have turnEd to violence and hate speech, got it. I’m out. Too much hate in this world for you to be threatening me on a game forum. I’m not sensitive either, spent ten calendars inside, quite a tough exterior to match the inside pal. I do so love to encounter bullies in R/L though because I ALWAYS prove them to be misguided and shallow. You would be a prime candidate for being helped. Good luck, and you are still wrong because there isn’t any possible way for you to be certain. Your arrogance is only topped by your ego.

-Chen-

Now you have turnEd to violence and hate speech, got it. I’m out. Too much hate in this world for you to be threatening me on a game forum. I’m not sensitive either, spent ten calendars inside, quite a tough exterior to match the inside pal. I do so love to encounter bullies in R/L though because I ALWAYS prove them to be misguided and shallow. You would be a prime candidate for being helped. Good luck, and you are still wrong because there isn’t any possible way for you to be certain. Your arrogance is only topped by your ego.

My friend, I don't have a side in the argument between you two, so I can say this completely objectively. You not only are clearly very sensitive (especially for someone who claims to have done 10 years inside,) but you also seem to be having some sort of message board version of a nervous breakdown.
There was nothing in any of his posts that even came close to resembling a threat, violence or hate speech.

Maybe you should look for a more relaxing and therapeutic way to spend your time, maybe try some Yoga and meditation.

-Chen-

Gotta make sure I give the good feedback with the bad, so I'll just say that the training rewards are great today, glad I saved up my energy drinks during those lamer days.

RazorbackPirate

Gotta make sure I give the good feedback with the bad, so I'll just say that the training rewards are great today, glad I saved up my energy drinks during those lamer days.
I got 5 tracks today in 2 goals. Still sitting on a ton more Energy Drinks for more tracks later. The RNG's been very, very, nice to me today.

Nicholas002

I am realizing that you don't even need the Hippodromes maxed for them to be awesome buildings.

Why? because the tracks make up for it.
the tracks are incredibly efficient, when chained to both hippodromes. leukoi track=0.5 FP/sq. Russoi track=1.5% DforA/sq (goods track=crap)

So lets say you miss 2 upgrades, an easily achievable goal (see what I did there?) for even the most casual of players.
with two upgrades short, I would max the Carceres, and leave the Sphen. at lvl. 4.

I would say 10 daily specials is reasonable, so say you get 5 Leukoi and 5 Russoi tracks.

Your final chained building would be: 68 squares, 19 FP, 40% DforA, +other goodies.

The efficiency, is 0.28 FP/sq. (better than SoK), 0.6%DforA/sq. (more than half as good as a massive field of sentinel outposts)

If you just go for the FP track, the FP efficiency becomes wildly good, and if you just go for the DforA%, then you get a ton of that.

I got 5 tracks today in 2 goals. Still sitting on a ton more Energy Drinks for more tracks later. The RNG's been very, very, nice to me today.
Nice! I am beginning to suspect that for every bit the tourney RNG is bad, the training RNG is good. I got 7 Russoi tracks in 2.5 goals, which I think is better than the alleged chance. saving some up for the Leukoi later...

[EDIT] the one thing that really SUCKS about the tracks is that they are decos, and absorb a lot of mo/po's that would be useful elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.