• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statik1301

ok, RNG, I agree it can be frustrating esp if you lost 5 in a row, the easy (70%) opponent.
Ok, the problem I am seeing with the event is getting player cards besides quests and incidents. Now, you can buy them for diamonds, but I like to give the non-diamond strategy, back to the problem. In order to get more player cards, you need to play in Training, you have chances to win cards there. But, there has been nothing good besides the first day, Altar Garden Selection kit (for me and I would think most players). I was too busy questing so, here is what has been offered, Hall of Fame selection , Constestants Estate (boring), tonight Tholos Kit (nice building but I believe most have it, can buy in AD plus it takes 10 to complete it). If you play the tournament, I think you want Level 5 players at least to bring up your percentages. But, you win no player cards in those chests. And the specials for the tournament, day 1, 50 player cards, day 2, Leukoi track, but did you have enough tickets or, like most, busy finishing quests. Now, it is WW shrink (no comment! but diamond farmers, there was only one WW shrink in beta, FYI)) and tonight, the Not-so Divine selection kit. . So, I have tickets sitting there to spend but nothing I want. I did miss the Leukoi track (FPs), but I am not sure I wanted them. So, even with a strategy to play the tournament, it doesn't help at this time. Hmm, we shall see.
78% win chance and list 3 time in a row. This event sucks, the rng is all screwed up these events aren't getting better just more annoying

The issue with bad luck is you are limited to a certain number of tries and with this small sample set, streaks either way are magnified in impact.

It is about the perception of fairness. So when you see such a wildly disparate distribution of results, you are going to end with a less than positive impression of the event. To that end maybe consider logic that smooths the extreme results out so you have a flatter results curve.

Also, as others mentioned, a more interactive results window so it feels less like a coin flip and more like an actual soccer match.

Finally, having more choice awards, where you can select the reward, instead of it being random.

DeletedUser40061

every city except my main one in O world, do i have uniques from this event. in O world i already sold every piece of the event bldgs as they are no use to me except being a shiny new toy for AP's ha-ha. i really have no regrets. but i think winning 100 energy drinks everytime is a generous idea. nice going devs

I really dislike the mechanics of this event. On my main, I change out my team to give myself maximum chance of winning every time and I'm still going to end up in bronze.. On my worlds where I don't care and just go with what the AI gives me I'm going to end up in silver.

I get the luck factor is a big part of this game...but it's the ONLY thing that matters in this event.

And the daily specials in the tourney are almost impossible to get if you want the maxed event prize. (The training dailies are fine.)

Unfortunately, since Forge Bowl I have been really disappointed with all the events. Maybe because last years events were so good (Abandoned Asylum anyone?!?!?!?!?) its hard to measure up. The prizes have been nothing to get excited over and some of the mechanics have just been plain awful.

I wish Inno would do just 1 event during the year that is solely based on skill and not luck or how many diamonds you spend. I want them to make a ton of money so I'm good with almost all the events being diamond driven, but man, just one event where anyone could win if they are good enough would be nice.

At least the main prize is good and very cool building so I may be sucked in by Inno to spend some diamonds and get it maxed.

By the way, the defense for attacking army track is awful.

If you want defense for your attacking army you are way better off going for the sentinel outpost. And it's not even close. Even not upgraded they are a gazillion times better (1 square, no road, 4% when upgraded).

So really the only option for the tracks is the FP one. I wish I was still looking for FPs and not help for my attacking army....

DeletedUser37173

Title says it all, least fun and terrible odds of winnings prizes that are worth anything and looks impossible to fully upgrade kit without spending money.

ffblackice

focus on training only, I have already given up tournament - regardless the chance, high or low, even with over 80% chance, I can only win 30% of the tournament.

Joeyjojojo

I'll admit I could have been somewhat clearer, but I was referring to the final reward for completing the training, which is one of three or four items chosen randomly, my contention and suggestion to INNO is that for the final reward, you should be able to choose which of the options you like most.

That said, even the part you refer to where you 'pick the net' before you actually score the goal is not a "set reward," it's just narrowed down to groupings like all the passes you make down the field-Military based, goods based, FP's, etc.
I'm not sure if it's not being clear or not understanding, but, again, yes, there is absolutely a "set reward" for scoring a goal (which I assume is what you mean by "completing training" since you never really complete it). My next set reward is currently the Sephendone Upgrade, which I will get when I score the goal: that is the "Goal Reward" and you get an bonus passing reward that depends on which goal shot you took. That has a random reward from a few options, same as every other time you kick the ball. You seem to want a bonus for scoring but you already get that: you get the goal reward for scoring.

More relevant feedback: it actually looks like you're at an advantage in the tournament if you held off on the quests. The way the game pairs you for the tournament seems to be based on your team strength. If you've rushed all the quests then your team strength will be higher from all the cards you've picked up, even if you've neglected training. As your team strength increases the number of players with stronger teams drops, and the gaps start to grow. In cities where I'm caught up on quests I more often face a hard match that has odds below 30%, whereas in cities where I am behind in quests I seem far more likely to get hard match that has odds over 40%. (caveat: player experience /= statistics)

-Chen-

I'm not sure if it's not being clear or not understanding, but, again, yes, there is absolutely a "set reward" for scoring a goal (which I assume is what you mean by "completing training" since you never really complete it). My next set reward is currently the Sephendone Upgrade, which I will get when I score the goal: that is the "Goal Reward" and you get an bonus passing reward that depends on which goal shot you took. That has a random reward from a few options, same as every other time you kick the ball. You seem to want a bonus for scoring but you already get that: you get the goal reward for scoring.

More relevant feedback: it actually looks like you're at an advantage in the tournament if you held off on the quests. The way the game pairs you for the tournament seems to be based on your team strength. If you've rushed all the quests then your team strength will be higher from all the cards you've picked up, even if you've neglected training. As your team strength increases the number of players with stronger teams drops, and the gaps start to grow. In cities where I'm caught up on quests I more often face a hard match that has odds below 30%, whereas in cities where I am behind in quests I seem far more likely to get hard match that has odds over 40%. (caveat: player experience /= statistics)
Yea, my bad, I just noticed this morning when I did the training for the first time in a while after stockpiling the energy drinks. Initially I didn't pay close enough attention, and just assumed it was a random choice from that grouping like all of the others, rather than a set rotation. Not surprisingly, the combination of not paying attention and assuming ended with me looking bad.

DeletedUser37344

How could I lose a tournament game with 83% chance of victory? My team had better numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3485

A big old yawn on this event. I have like less than 1000 tournament points, while1st place player has over 50,000. I can't even see the top 50 because of the pile of diamonds the leaders have spent. lol Just another typical coiner ego event.

John16309

I got 5 tracks today in 2 goals. Still sitting on a ton more Energy Drinks for more tracks later. The RNG's been very, very, nice to me today.
That is good to hear; you must have gotten all my luck yesterday! It took me 4 goals to get 1 track, which was all I wanted for my plan. Hopefully I will do better next time. I should have stopped after 1 goal, but I kept figuring "gotta get the prize on the next one" over and over. At least it was free energy drinks and not cash at a blackjack table...

Cennyan

THIS is the reality behind the math. You will do best in the tourny when you have a full team of 15 players between levels 5-20. After 20 it get's harder and harder. Under 20, I was able to achieve a win % of mid 40's to 50's almost every match on hard by proper matching. After 20 it was mid 30's to 40's. Now at almost 28-30 range I'm lucky if I break 40% and that only happens if I'm facing a single or dual color deck. The impact of swapping out cards is significantly increased at lower levels. The big trick comes around L10 or so when it's best to use a single color team 98% of the time. So rock paper scissors, red beats green beats blue beats red.....if you're opponent has 2 green, 2 blue, 1 red, your team should be all green. This means he has only 1 card that can counter you, 2 are neutral and you'll counter 2 of his. This will provide you the highest % chance of winning. As your team level increases, the % that this strategy will be the most effective one increases as well. After L20, it's 99.9% of the team a single color team that will give you the highest win %. Another example, 3 blue, 2 red, your deck should be all blue, 3 neutral matches, 2 counters in your favor. The hardest combo is the 3/1/1. So 3 red, 1 green, 1 blue. It really depends on the levels of the green and blue. It may provide a better match go all red if the green is an oddball high level card, however most of the time, you're best going 3 blue, countering his 3 red.

tldr, it's not just about countering their cards, it's about not being countered by their cards.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37344

Thanks to all for the responses and tips! This is probably the least interesting event I've encountered in the year I've been playing. ... hoping for a Fall event where I can get the last level of the AA! :))

DeletedUser30935

I wish Inno’s two new level 2 buildings would be offered more than once during the event.

JB Collins

I am very disappointed with this event. The player cards and winning percentage really spoil an otherwise good event. You over thought this one.

Nicholas002

You over thought this one.
Yep. they overthought it, but not in the way you mean.

They clearly designed the event to net them the most $, from diamond buyers. (understandably: it's a business)
I guess they thought the lottery aspect would encourage more buying, since diamond buyers would spend to increase their random chance to win, or get prizes.

But if I was a diamond buyer, I sure wouldn't waste my money on a gamble like this. I would only spend money on an event like the spring event, where you are sure of what you are getting, and can rely on skill, and strategy, rather than dumb luck. I have heard this from many other players as well.

barra370804

also disappointed, I have the event building up but idk if I'll keep it.

EDIT: It's a good building don't get me wrong, but I won't be able to get all the upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.