• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Golos

I really hate that a player's league level in the Soccer 2020 event is going to be determined almost entirely by random number generation.
Sure, you can play with your team to maximize your chance to win, but ultimately your place in the league is decided by RNG. That's a roll of the dice, not a strategy.
The other day I played 13 league games for one city, all with win chances between 34%-61%. RNG results: 2 wins, 11 losses. In fact, I was 2 for 19 on the day for my cities.

Of the events I've played in FOE so far (I haven't been playing quite a year), this one is the worst.

DeletedUser29067

It is bogus. At a 58% Victory odd 4 straight failures.
Why does Inno do things that only generate ill will?

Last edited by a moderator:

Farfle the smelly

Maybe use a store building to temporarily get something out of the way and squeeze in a couple of blacksmiths? You don't actually need to keep buildings, they don't have to be in your city at the same time, and they don't even need to actually leave the mud to fulfill the quest. Just place and delete, place and delete, and then put that building you stored back down.
I’ve done this SO many times during this event. I just had one today in which I had to increase happiness by ~ 600, and I was already st 5k+ happiness. So, I took the aqueduct that was a reward, placed it. Waited until it finished building, deleted it. Then proceeded to buy, place and delete a bunch of monuments over and over until I hit the 600 and then deleted. It’s quite easy to ‘outsmart’ the quest.

And really, it’s just the game making sure you’re spending your coins and supplies. Since most people have waaay more than they’ll ever need in this game, deleting a bunch of items for a quest doesn’t hurt as much as you think it will when you implement this method for the first time. Cheat and repeat. ;)

Farfle the smelly

Question: do we know what and when is the next event coming up? I tried to find out on the forum but I don’t think I’m searching very well.

Bozon

Seriously,
Last two event sucks !
They can tell there are some certain oddsbut i really feel that is not tru and they make it in a way to force us spend diamonds.
Just a few days ago ispent almost 7K drinks to get 5 Sentinel Outposts, most of my fellow guildies got 10/12
Today i used 2.3K drinks and got no Plazza selection kit, i even used diamonds to try a second round, i mean 2.3K and nothing ?
What are the odds ? Can someone tell me ?

Nicholas002

The tournament odds are dubious: almost backwards it seems.

But the training odds seem fair. so far I have spent drinks only on the Russoi Track and winners selection kit.
I got almost exactly as many daily specials as I had predicted using the given chances.

Nicholas002

just FYI, here are the remaining training DS's.

Not expecting any major surprises here: the tracks were announced, so they won't be removed, and I won't care if they remove the other ones.
[edit to update]
  • Rousioi Track (2nd appearance)
  • Gigantic Medals Package

Last edited:

Lord Golos

I really hate that a player's league level in the Soccer 2020 event is going to be determined almost entirely by random number generation.
Sure, you can play with your team to maximize your chance to win, but ultimately your place in the league is decided by RNG. That's a roll of the dice, not a strategy.
The other day I played 13 league games for one city, all with win chances between 34%-61%. RNG results: 2 wins, 11 losses. In fact, I was 2 for 19 on the day for my cities.

Of the events I've played in FOE so far (I haven't been playing quite a year), this one is the worst.

So here are the results of 9 tournament games in one city a few minutes ago:
55% Lost, rematch, Lost, rematch, Lost, rematch, Won
36% lost
45% won
33% lost
34% lost
64% lost

So, with an average of 48%, 7 losses and 2 wins. At what point does Inno recognize that their RNG is not so R? Having a player's ultimate league result wholly at the mercy of the RNG is bad design. Unless the design is *all about* making people buy additional league tickets...

Lord Golos

I'm looking forward to how it progresses. I think Inno is trying to make the events more of a challenge, interactive, and less face-roll and they've got to work out how to do it.

I don't think I've ever seen an event that I did not play in. The St Patty's one was the closest, but after a while it wasn't that bad- even interesting in some of the choices it made. Even if the main prize isn't great, it's always useful and there's always secondary prizes offered that can valuable as well.
But the event isn't more interactive - your league is entirely determined by RNG. Sure, you can play with your team a bit to optimized your chances, but the RNG doesn't seem to be working properly - people are losing a higher % than the % given for the games would indicate. And again, regardless of what you do, your league is entirely controlled by RNG.

planetofthehumans2

I don't think I'm going to end up with a fully upgraded building. I have 6 upgrade kits and need 4 more. I'd literally have to cross the board 5 times (~4500 energy drinks) and that's if I stay in bronze leauge with the selection kit reward. 5 more days, maybe 1200 drinks left from the quests. Its real depressing, like watching yourself die of cancer there's no winning. Too bad because I got a bunch of tracks, I guess the dealer will get it all, what a waste.

UBERhelp1

I don't think I'm going to end up with a fully upgraded building. I have 6 upgrade kits and need 4 more. I'd literally have to cross the board 5 times (~4500 energy drinks) and that's if I stay in bronze leauge with the selection kit reward. 5 more days, maybe 1200 drinks left from the quests. Its real depressing, like watching yourself die of cancer there's no winning. Too bad because I got a bunch of tracks, I guess the dealer will get it all, what a waste.
Keep the stuff, don't trade it. Most likely upgrades for the Hippodrome will appear next year.

planetofthehumans2

Keep the stuff, don't trade it. Most likely upgrades for the Hippodrome will appear next year.
But do I really want to clog my inventory with 9 different items for an old event building when a better one might be around the corner? Its a nightmare to even find the set because they all have different names. Track, hippodrome, upgrade kit....

Vger

tldr, it's not just about countering their cards, it's about not being countered by their cards.
I think @cennyan nailed it. That post was a bit of a wall of text, but it made sense. I've been following that strategy and am more than happy with the result.
Full disclosure: I did spend diamonds on a 50 player pack somewhat early on. I'm sitting on tons of free diamonds that I hardly ever find a reason to spend, so I splurged. I'm sure it helped, but I think the strategy has been the bigger factor. I've can boost my chance of winning by 10 to 15% over the default team, just by denying the opposing team an advantage rather than trying to win by rock paper scissor'ing each of their players.

I'm closer to the higher end of silver league than the bottom now. That may well change near the end, depending on how many more come in and spend some diamonds. But I think even a bronze finish is going to be good enough to fully upgrade everything.

I don't see the RNG disparity people are talking about, but, yeah, the diamond spend might have helped more than I think. I do have 30 tournament cards sitting in my DF. Maybe I'll burn them all in one sitting and see how it pans out with no diamonds spent.

Aggressor

I think the event is easy enough the problem is that luck controls the ultimate fate! The odds in the tournament are completely wrong, I cannot believe how many matches I lose at 80- 81% odds. The biggest problem is that I check In Multiple times per day and I will not be able to max out my event buildings, this is something that needs to fixed!
Well, luck plays a role, but you play a role in your luck. If you get the right team together your odds of winning get higher.
I agree that I don't like how much luck decides your success even though luck had been good to me. Even though I'm in Gold League it's because I got lucky. I hope inno doesn't reuse this tournament thing because it is too random to be used to determine leagues which seem to be the key to maxing out your event building this time around.

Nicholas002

Well, luck plays a role, but you play a role in your luck. If you get the right team together your odds of winning get higher.
I really don't think so. After what I have seen and heard, I truly think it is a 50/50 every time: regardless of the match, player level, or player type. The percent chances are just visual, to give you some sense of control. After getting fed up with losing matches I should have won, losing time after time when I maximized my odds, I have chosen to just always go hardest match, with the default team. I have had the best luck using this setup. I realized this early enough, and am in upper silver. (I think today is the test, to see where you will end up in the tourney; it's the Ruosioi track DS, and a lot of diamond spenders will buy a lot of tickets today.)

Anyway, I planted my Hippo chain, (Car lvl4, Sphen. lvl4, 7x Ruosioi, 7x Leukoi) and I honestly wouldn't care that much if I don't get all the upgrades. (If I stay in silver league, I will)

This chain at the current level gives me 20 FP, and 42% DforA
At max upgrade it would give 26 FP, and 52% DforA. A little better, but not worth diamonds.

Folks, if you got tracks, don't rage-quit if you don't get all the upgrades.

Bozon

Today i spent 28 tickets, won 17/18 times, i lost twice with odds over 80%
But tha main thing is that of these 17/18 times i won i didn't get any track !!!
That just confirms what i said previously about the odds .... buy diamonds !

Status
Not open for further replies.