• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Today i spent 28 tickets, won 17/18 times, i lost twice with odds over 80%
But tha main thing is that of these 17/18 times i won i didn't get any track !!!
That just confirms what i said previously about the odds .... buy diamonds !

It does not confirm a thing. Buying diamonds will not change a thing about the odds, but feel free to keep buying diamonds till you get what you want.

DeletedUser31499

If things don’t work out for you in this event just wait. There will soon be another event, and another one after that. I don’t see an end to event building creep. They will just keep getting better.

mamboking053

But the event isn't more interactive - your league is entirely determined by RNG. Sure, you can play with your team a bit to optimized your chances, but the RNG doesn't seem to be working properly - people are losing a higher % than the % given for the games would indicate. And again, regardless of what you do, your league is entirely controlled by RNG.

Well...you have to pick your players. The results are RNG, but I suppose that might be to avoid people simply working their way up to the strongest combination and then...face-rolling the rest of the event. Perhaps not the best application, but that's where the trial and error comes in.

But...funny story...I tried the event by being "strategic" and choosing players based on their strengths and levels and was failing much more often than not. It was about 2 am, just got back from work and was really sleepy so I said f-it and I just stuck with the same team and kept clicking on the OK button and I ended up with about a 55% win ratio doing that, lol. Go figure.

DarnTootin

So it looks like you can't fully upgrade both end pieces of the track without spending diamonds? I'm out of bottles and both of my end pieces are only at level 4? In 5 days I have to make it across the field five more times?!?

Nicholas002

So it looks like you can't fully upgrade both end pieces of the track without spending diamonds? I'm out of bottles and both of my end pieces are only at level 4? In 5 days I have to make it across the field five more times?!?
If you finish the quest line, always picks the most efficient player to pass to, and get in silver league, you can finish it without diamonds.

DarnTootin

If you finish the quest line, always picks the most efficient player to pass to, and get in silver league, you can finish it without diamonds.
How do you calculate the "most efficient" player to pass to? I've never had issues in previous soccer events.

-Chen-

That monstrosity may take up a lot of space, especially if you go hard after some of the tracks, like I did with the Leukoi tracks this morning, but it's an absolute monster with production as well, not to mention the population and matching happiness points.
With mine it comes to:
Well over a thousand in population.
24 FP's per day.
Over 40 goods per day.
Over 2000 supplies (not counting bonus % from GB's and motivation)
Over 30,000 coins
+22% defense for attacking army
+12% attack for the city defenders

My one complaint would be that the whole motivation/polishing aspect really should be cleaned up. I mean, why all the tracks first? Why are things from previous eras being done before Carceres and Sphendone? Not a big deal for me, since I have a lot of friends and guildmates that hit that aid tab on a regular basis, as well as a ton of self aid kits as backup, just sayin.'

Also a minor complaint, but once the building is all locked together you shouldn't need to have a road on both ends , but I made it work nicely anyway.

You say "get in silver league" like it's the only thing you have to do. You have to finish in first place in the silver league to get 2 selection kits. I'm pretty much in exactly the same place. I have 3 upgrades for each end which means I need 4 more upgrades. I'll get one from the last quest but then that leaves 3 more I have to get from training. That's just not going to happen with the bottles that are left in the last 5 quests.

OutlawDon

View attachment 16237

I have been stuck here for a very long time, days and will likely go no further in this event because of this. I have very few open squares. The only spot I could maybe build the smallest of production buildings goes the wrong way. I have so few open spots that trying to rearrange my city would likely take days and result in futility. I am unwilling to delete any of my building for this paltry reward. I have no store buildings which are misered worse than property. Aborts should be on all the quests but they are not. This happened to me before in a previous event.
I solve this kind of quest by building and then deleting straight away (even before completion of the building.) Some quests say 'have' the building, which means you have to wait for it to complete. But most give you credit for building it even if you delete it right away to get the space back. I have tons of coins and supplies but am short of time and space so I don't worry about the coins and supplies spent. Pick the smallest and cheapest bldgs you can get away with to satisfy the quest. (The most irritating are the quests asking you to increase happiness when you don't need it. Delete them later, too.)

RazorbackPirate

I've got 1,900 Drinks left with 3.5 more crossings to make. As @Nicholas002 said, I've selected the best distance per drink player each time. So far, it's also netted me 13 track pieces. 6 Luekoi, 5 Rousioi, and 2 Venetoi. I'm also solidly in Bronze league, on the cusp of Silver,

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to fully upgrade both sides of the Hippodrome without spending diamonds, but I've got plenty of free ones saved up, just in case.

Just An Observer

That monstrosity may take up a lot of space, especially if you go hard after some of the tracks, like I did with the Leukoi tracks this morning, but it's an absolute monster with production as well, not to mention the population and matching happiness points.
With mine it comes to:
Well over a thousand in population.
24 FP's per day.
Over 40 goods per day.
Over 2000 supplies (not counting bonus % from GB's and motivation)
Over 30,000 coins
+22% defense for attacking army
+12% attack for the city defenders

My one complaint would be that the whole motivation/polishing aspect really should be cleaned up. I mean, why all the tracks first? Why are things from previous eras being done before Carceres and Sphendone? Not a big deal for me, since I have a lot of friends and guildmates that hit that aid tab on a regular basis, as well as a ton of self aid kits as backup, just sayin.'

Also a minor complaint, but once the building is all locked together you shouldn't need to have a road on both ends , but I made it work nicely anyway.

My space hog is 6 Dark Towers in a recursion setting. Here are the numbers: 111,360 coins, 30 goods with 6 of each good from the era I am in, 60 Medals, 18 FP's and six rolls of the random prize generator from collecting 15K or more coins, which also adds plenty of extras. Cost of a Dark Tower: Getting them in the Antiques dealer runs in the 6K range. Talk about cheap! The negative happiness is so easily offset in my setup. It's all good!

So when those game event pieces come my way, they get sold to the Antiques dealer, making for a large amount of spending power there to get other stuff I would like. Toss in any other smaller items to sell and for me, life is good.

What are the best things from the Soccer Cup to come my way so far? Having spent $99.99 at the start and none since, 3 Athenas, 3 expansions (high focus on Medal payoffs), being able to buy three Dark Towers, a slew of fighting units, boosts, supplies, coins, fragments, some FP's, a Level 1 Colossus and some resulting purchases in the Antique shop plus a nice balance of the currency used there makes me feel I got my money's worth.

Other approaches to event prizes are possible with what one gets. This is what worked for my situation. I like the three special events that have come along since I began playing FoE and look forward to the next one. They really offer a lot!

Lord Golos

"YOU LOST"
That will forever be my most prominent memory of the Soccer Event 2020.

"YOU LOST" It never gets old. And the reason it never gets old is that I get to see it over and over and over. If my chance is 33%, "YOU LOST." If my chance is 48%, "YOU LOST." In fact, three times in a row, when my chance was 55%, "YOU LOST." And let's not forget the ever-popular game with a 63% chance of winning... yup, you guessed it - "YOU LOST". Ah, the dulcet tones (or font) of failure!

RNG should be - and I don't think I'm alone in this thinking - RANDOM.
Random, for purposes of number generation, means that if 1000 rolls of the 'dice' take place, every number in the range should be generated an equal number of times (or close to an equal number of times). Assuming the range is 1-100, which we *hope* the range is for this application, that would be 10 times each, give or take. So if 1000 tournament games listing a 33% chance of winning were to take place, 333 of those games would result in "YOU WON."

Is that actually what's happening?

That has not been my experience in this event. If someone out there is beating the odds, please chime in here, because for all of my "YOU LOST" results, I'd LIKE to think that someone out there is beating the house and getting "YOU WON" results. But I think that, like in Vegas, the house always wins.

Captain Christian

"YOU LOST"
That will forever be my most prominent memory of the Soccer Event 2020.

"YOU LOST" It never gets old. And the reason it never gets old is that I get to see it over and over and over. If my chance is 33%, "YOU LOST." If my chance is 48%, "YOU LOST." In fact, three times in a row, when my chance was 55%, "YOU LOST." And let's not forget the ever-popular game with a 63% chance of winning... yup, you guessed it - "YOU LOST". Ah, the dulcet tones (or font) of failure!

RNG should be - and I don't think I'm alone in this thinking - RANDOM.
Random, for purposes of number generation, means that if 1000 rolls of the 'dice' take place, every number in the range should be generated an equal number of times (or close to an equal number of times). Assuming the range is 1-100, which we *hope* the range is for this application, that would be 10 times each, give or take. So if 1000 tournament games listing a 33% chance of winning were to take place, 333 of those games would result in "YOU WON."

Is that actually what's happening?

That has not been my experience in this event. If someone out there is beating the odds, please chime in here, because for all of my "YOU LOST" results, I'd LIKE to think that someone out there is beating the house and getting "YOU WON" results. But I think that, like in Vegas, the house always wins.
I usually have between 50% and 60% chance of winning, and I certainly win more than 50% of the time. As a rule of thumb, I only attempt the battle if I have at least 50% chance of winning.

Lord Golos

Well, luck plays a role, but you play a role in your luck. If you get the right team together your odds of winning get higher.
I agree that I don't like how much luck decides your success even though luck had been good to me. Even though I'm in Gold League it's because I got lucky. I hope inno doesn't reuse this tournament thing because it is too random to be used to determine leagues which seem to be the key to maxing out your event building this time around.
It goes beyond getting the right team together. If the match says you have a 35% chance of winning, and you win 10% of those games, RNG is wrong. I played 9 games with an average of 48% chance of winning and won 2. If that was a fluke, fine, but it's the norm for a whole lot of players I know.

Lord Golos

I usually have between 50% and 60% chance of winning, and I certainly win more than 50% of the time. As a rule of thumb, I only attempt the battle if I have at least 50% chance of winning.
That is awesome. I lost three games in a row with 55% chance of winning. I guess we're the opposite sides of the coin. :) BTW - start running now, a lot of less-lucky people are coming for you... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.