• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming PVP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser40816
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

But, it sounds like if you wanna win you have to spend.... diamonds. Figured as much. The big diamond spenders in higher ages are going to demolish the lower ages players and of course use all of their attempts plus the diamond attempts on it. It won't even be a challenge for them. Disappointing.

You figured wrong.

I find it really astonishing that as a new player with hardly any experience you come up with these kind of statements.

Skull-Shocker

Looks a lot like what I've been saying would be cool, but in my vision you would pay a fee in FPs or Goods to invite anyone in your world to a duel in a agreed upon age on equal ground. But as always...Inno finds a way to increase the need for spending.

Agent327

I find it really astonishing that the foe team is so unfriendly to their members. Shouldn't they pick nicer people to be representing them? Just a thought ;)
what makes you think I'm experienceless?

What is unfriendly about questioning a remark you make? One that was uncalled for the way I see it.

"From a video it looks like it is majorly broken" It looks like. Is that enough for the judgement you make?

" He says it will all get balanced out, but I don't want a week of being attacked by TE players to cripple me. "

How can it cripple you when you do not lose a thing? You can not even get plundered!

What makes me think you are unexperienced is the stats I can look up and the questions you ask. They build a picture.

Now consider this

In the current PvP , all you can do is win medals and it is dominated by the players that are active in GvG, cause that is where you can do the most fights, especially since you can create them yourself. GBG, comes in a good second, but again, those fights are becoming rigged as well.

In the new PvP, you can still win medals, so why that is an issue really eludes me. The system is different, the rewards are the same and now that all of a sudden is very bad? OK, fighting will be on autobattle, but again, prizes are not that good, so what is the problem? In the new PvP you can still attack and plunder your neighbours so nothing wrong there.

Basically with the new PvP, all that changes is the way to win medals. It is an extra game option you can play or do not have to if you do not want to.

Yes, there is an option to use diamonds to get in more fights, but so what? Players abuse the system to get in more fights now as well.

And as far as meating opponents from higher ages is concerned

I'm in Early Middle Ages, will I have to fight against players in Space Age Asteroid Belt?
Although such a scenario is unlikely to occur, you can face players from higher Eras, particularly as a strong fighter. If the difference in era and combat points is too great, they won't be included in your opponents' list.

Some last rather funny thing nobody seems to have caught on yet, defending will be valued more. You can start earning points defending. Just got to love that :)

DeletedUser31499

I watched the German Guy’s video and description and I think it looks good. I’m looking forward to it going live.

Agent327

And yet every time I have played in beta, my EMA troops are matched against SAAB players?
Their definition of unlikely is interesting at best.

The way I see it it will be similar to GBG. It will take some time to balance. Differences on beta are much bigger that they are on the live worlds.

Aggressor

And yet every time I have played in beta, my EMA troops are matched against SAAB players?
Their definition of unlikely is interesting at best.
@Agent327 this is exactly what I was saying.
Some last rather funny thing nobody seems to have caught on yet, defending will be valued more. You can start earning points defending. Just got to love that :)
And if I'm in LMA and FoE Hints from TE can attack LMA players, then that will make defense utterly useless. I could put all of my best troops into my defense and fill my city with ritual flames, and it would not do a thing to stop TE players from rolling over me. So I can start earning points from defense, or I can get hammered by TE players and lose all of my points and get crushed in the arena despite my efforts.
I'm gonna take it from @Nicholas002 who plays on Beta and sees this happening to him. I'm pretty sure my assumptions are credible if somebody else has experienced them.
Hopefully it will get fixed based on the feedback of people like Nicholas002, fingers crossed.

Agent327

@Agent327 this is exactly what I was saying.

And if I'm in LMA and FoE Hints from TE can attack LMA players, then that will make defense utterly useless. I could put all of my best troops into my defense and fill my city with ritual flames, and it would not do a thing to stop TE players from rolling over me. So I can start earning points from defense, or I can get hammered by TE players and lose all of my points and get crushed in the arena despite my efforts.
I'm gonna take it from @Nicholas002 who plays on Beta and sees this happening to him. I'm pretty sure my assumptions are credible if somebody else has experienced them.
Hopefully it will get fixed based on the feedback of people like Nicholas002, fingers crossed.

It is on Beta.

It just started out. Beta has less players than the worlds on the live servers, so the differences are bigger. Also a lot can change before it comes to the live servers. You are making premature judgements and not even based on your own observations. Even if you go by other players, where do they say you have to spend diamonds and this is to favor the big diamond spenders?

How about you experience it yourself first, before you come to these type of conclusions?

DeletedUser32578

Don't install the PVP Arena here! It sucks in Beta and got hundreds of forum hate mails so far. You're going to anger a lot of players, and cause many to quit the game.

Lady Gato

The title of this thread is "Upcoming PVP Area Feedback". So isn't this where @Emperor XX would go to speculate or to share his concerns? Seems like the thread wouldn't have been started by Inno (with the co-community manager actually starting the thread), unless they wanted to give their customers a heads up and a place to vent. And I too like @Nicholas002 am in beta and though I don't participate in the new PvP arena, I have seen the uproar in my guild and on the forum there. So @Agent327 - let him vent. :)

DeletedUser4441

No, people don't do it for rewards. If people did it for rewards then nobody would spend diamonds. People will spend diamonds for
1) Pride. They wanna be one
AND
2) Fights. They want to point farm
I know a lot of big headed people who wouldn't be able to stand not being ranked well. So they'd spend diamonds to feed their egos compensate for small CENSORED

FIXED^^^^

at 50 Diamonds a extra fight it will add up fast... can you imagine spending 500 a day on this. LOL

As far as it go I have had LMA/CA in my "midrange" fights, my PME tanks steam roll them. However my easy fights are PME players, and my Hard ones are usually SAM or VF

DeletedUser33927

so, its going to use completely different troops as well !!!
so we have to use diamonds. are we going to have to pay to play this game soon ?
like Devacat said more lag !!! i hope you improve your servers

DeletedUser17710

I sometimes win 4 or 5 towers just from GvG fighting alone, how would this affect us GvG fighters?

Grogrick

On the continent map, will the provinces with PvP Towers as their completion rewards be replaced with different rewards? If so, what rewards?

Nicholas002

I agree with this quote from the beta forum:
“If InnoGames truly wanted to revitalize PvP, they should recognize the reason why it died out in the first place. They took away the incentive. To fix it, they should improve the incentive instead of introducing stillborn new features. How about adding fragments of some new building as tower rewards? And if you must encourage fighting within neighborhoods, improve plundering, or have the towers only count battles against neighbors, just like they originally did.

But no, InnoGames has to introduce something new, because they want us to spend money to buy diamonds so we can autobattle in this "PvP" tower against bots, for a 20% chance of earning 10 FP and 100 diamonds if you are number one on the server. I'm frankly insulted by how stupid they think we are.”

I agree it would be way better to improve old PvP tower rewards.

RazorbackPirate

Why is it every time Inno introduces something new, that players don't understand, it's a money grab? Once I was out of EMA, I never much cared about the pittance of medals I earn from the PvP towers, and with GBG, I've won first or second pretty much every week.

I'm not going to comment much based on what I've read so far, I'll at least give it a shot and judge for myself.

With 4 fights per day without spending diamonds, I hardly think the arena is going create lag, and as far as plunder is concerned, nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.