• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do high level players use swaps?

Farfle the smelly

I cannot think of a single good reason for any high or low level player to use swaps EVER unless

a) it is a new world and 1.9 doesn’t exist yet, or
b) they have such limited sniping opportunities that swaps are the only way for them to bank FPs and BPs.

can someone please enlighten me?
I was thinking the same thing, sounds like they need to start sniping neighbors. /-:

Agent327

I cannot think of a single good reason for any high or low level player to use swaps EVER unless

a) it is a new world and 1.9 doesn’t exist yet, or
b) they have such limited sniping opportunities that swaps are the only way for them to bank FPs and BPs.

can someone please enlighten me?

C) looking for BP's
D) diamond farming and not wanting to fill your own GB's.

DevaCat

Okay, just so I don't seem completely cynical:

E) to help younger players get their GBs started.

Although that's tricky to pull off without muscling out other younger players trying for reward spots.

ODragon

I see a lot of higher level players in my guild using swaps. I don't get this. If you use 1.9 then you pay 60% of the cost of the level. If you swap out the whole level, then best case scenario is no better than this and worst case scenario is that it will cost you more, because you have to pay 100% of the cost of the level in swaps and it is unlikely that you will get better than a 40% rebate, I would think.

If you're doing swaps and only getting 60% back, you aren't being smart enough in swaps. It is a little slower but still lucrative.

That said, to me, it depends on where you are on your great building is:
  • Early levels you can swap lots and make decent FP back to your bank by turning daily FP collected into RR swaps.
  • Mid (sweet spot), it can make sense to do most 1.9 although, usually 4 and 5 are small enough that it can help out the guild to put it there or in the close to leveling if you have that.
  • Late, post 80, I found that I do 1-3 on 1.9 (self primed), then I swap all but 100 with someone in the guild (they get all the FP back like they would from the RR and some guaranteed FP/BP and I get FP/BP back). Then I put the rest in the 100 swap so someone, even small can have a chance at decent BP/FP back on their investment (guaranteed spot).
Honestly, one should do some swapping just to turn their daily FP generation in to banked FP. Yes, you can snipe and I do it lots but not enough available to cover the speed at which I play. Use of the RR thread helps me achieve that.

ExtraMile

1.9 is more efficient FP wise than swaps for leveling GBs. As for converting bar FP to packs, and getting prints/medals (with lv. 80 arc) taking spots in the 1.9 thread (or sniping) is most efficient as well. The only way one could make swapping more profitable than 1.9 would be:
  • Using swaps to prime 1.9
  • Using swaps (with a bit of extra FP) to snipe positions on other GBs
*preferably a combination of the two*

I am strictly against both of these actions, as they are inconsiderate and (depending on your guild) could easily get you kicked. So, 1.9 for me.

Plain Red Justice

The only way one could make swapping more profitable than 1.9 would be:
  • Using swaps to prime 1.9
  • Using swaps (with a bit of extra FP) to snipe positions on other GBs
You're mistaken. Let me place a visual aid for you of an example of a swap that has been won so it doesn't confuse anyone.

As you can see on the first image, it's a level 70 GB (Arc) with a secured third place reward of 380 FP. Normally from a snipe, it's only going to provide a peanut 30 FP reward, an amount that only players on new worlds could call profit. But let's go ahead and check where those 350 FPs went on the second image.

If I've chosen to 1.9 self invest a level 9 ToR, I would have thrown away:

65x1.9 = 124 first place
35x1.9 = 67 second place
10x1.9 = 19 third place

650(total FPs required)-(124+67+19)= 440 amount of self-invested FPs that would never return from the player's pocket

I'm not saying that I've won every swaps, but at least for this particular swap phase, I've won

1. 350 FPs worth of ToR FPs
2. 380 FPs worth of return investment

for a total of 730 FP (seven hundred thirty) profit, an amount that no regular snipe could ever do. This is why players' that are leveling low level GBs are best to stick to swaps before opting in 1.9 threads before placing them in swaps when their GBs get high enough (about level 20). This is inconvenient time-wise when you already have a gorillion of FPs and can afford to speedlevel a low level GB but at the very least, this should apply to a lot of players that can't earn that much FPs yet or even better, new to the game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020_0717_075758.png
    Screenshot_2020_0717_075758.png
    592.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2020_0717_080806.png
    Screenshot_2020_0717_080806.png
    112.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Nicholas002

You're mistaken. Let me place a visual aid for you of an example of a swap that has been won so it doesn't confuse anyone.

As you can see on the first image, it's a level 70 GB (Arc) with a secured third place reward of 380 FP. Normally from a snipe, it's only going to provide a peanut 30 FP reward, an amount that only players on new worlds could call profit. But let's go ahead and check where those 350 FPs went on the second image.

If I've chosen to 1.9 self invest a level 9 ToR, I would have thrown away:

65x1.9 = 124 first place
35x1.9 = 67 second place
10x1.9 = 19 third place

650(total FPs required)-(124+67+19)= 440 amount of self-invested FPs that would never return from the player's pocket

I'm not saying that I've won every swaps, but at least for this particular swap phase, I've won

1. 350 FPs worth of ToR FPs
2. 380 FPs worth of return investment

for a total of 730 FP (seven hundred thirty) profit, an amount that no regular snipe could ever do. This is why players' that are leveling low level GBs are best to stick to swaps before opting in 1.9 threads before placing them in swaps when their GBs get high enough (about level 20). This is inconvenient time-wise when you already have a gorillion of FPs and can afford to speedlevel a low level GB but at the very least, this should apply to a lot of players that can't earn that much FPs yet or even better, new to the game.
Flawed logic, but I’m too tired to explain why.

Plain Red Justice

Depends on what you consider high level. Someone putting a level 70 GB to FP swaps is high level to me and provided that he wins a lot of swaps, he is saving a lot of FP compared to pure 1.9'ing.

As always when you notice anything wrong, feel free to point it out anytime and we can discuss it to become better FoE players

DeletedUser31499

Haven’t used swaps since my arc hit 80 almost 2 years ago. I use 1.9 100% of the time. I pick 1 gb and take it into and then out of the sweet spot. Long ago I looked at the math and in the sweet spot the owner spends about 8 to 14% of his own fp to level their GB. Hard to beat that.

DeletedUser31499

Just did some math.

CoA level 40 cost using 1.9: 1259 fp needed to level costs 155 fp of your own. You paid 12.3% of the total leveling cost.

Now I’m working on CoA level 101 using 1.9: 5676 fp needed to level costs 2312 fp of your own. You paid 40.7% of the total leveling cost.

Level 40 at 12.3% is a no brained.
Level 101 at 40.7% has been quoted as the expected cost when using swaps. It’s still an acceptable cost and I’m not screwing anyone over by deceiving them by using the swaps and then yanking it for 1.9.