• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Changes

I still haven't seen anyone say how much harder lvl 4 is going to be. Any beta players out there to give us an idea?

I'm happy that I will be able to shrink a few of my FoYs on my diamond farms (i build them to finish ge 4 since it's a great way to get more diamonds every week with minimal effort). But other than that nothing here is useful for me (TF 2 is a nice building, but with GBG if it doesn't give attack bonus, it's not worth building any longer).

Unfortunately, with the addition of GBG later stage serious players don't care about anything but attack power (it's really a shame Inno royally screwed people who built their cities on goods and trade with the 6 good negotiations in GBG. Forcing farmers to be WAY slower and spend diamonds where fighters don't).

Overall, I'd just prefer GE to be easier like it is now without any of these items.

qaccy

@Smalls of the Sand lot It may have changed since I was reading about it on beta, but from what I recall the difficulty went up by about 50% for the enemy boosts, with some variance depending on age due to rounding. This isn't a flat boost but a multiplier, so a 20% bonus would increase to around 30 but a 250% bonus would go to about 375.

Again though, this is based on what I was reading on the beta forums around the time the changes rolled out over there.

Robbenn

what exactly is the drop rate for these kits? For all of us that kept selling these items in the past, I would assume it's not an issue since we're probably gonna get a lot more of these items level 1, than upgrade kits for them.

RazorbackPirate

what exactly is the drop rate for these kits? For all of us that kept selling these items in the past, I would assume it's not an issue since we're probably gonna get a lot more of these items level 1, than upgrade kits for them.
Expect only a couple upgrades per year with weekly GE 4 finish. You'll still have plenty of level 1 buildings to sell to the AD.

Reese7990

FoE is going to make lv 4 GE harder. Seems to me they already did as I've been having some trouble with 4 for a few months now.
As if it wasn't hard enough or so sooo time consuming.
Hope I can still complete it.
Has anyone tried it in beta yet?
I just wanted to sob on some nearby shoulders.
FoE Hints did a vid on it. Said he had no issue with a modest sized attack.

RazorbackPirate

The posts says these upgrades will be available on any GE 4 battle or negotiation not just 64/64.
Correct, but with a very small % chance of getting one. With a 10% chance, you'd win one, on average, every 10 weeks, or 5 per year. With the one's available changing weekly, of any one upgrade, you can expect to get a couple of each per year.

qaccy

The posts says these upgrades will be available on any GE 4 battle or negotiation not just 64/64.

Keep in mind that there're 7 different GE buildings to provide upgrades for. There's most likely only one upgrade available as a possible reward from each encounter. Even if there was an equal distribution, that's still barely two chances per week at an upgrade for one type of building.

Mandelynn

I bites for me. I started my own guild some months back. Around lv 20-24. It's hard to get anyone to join. I was hoping once it leveled up to 30 or so, people would start joining who play GE
I won't be getting the benefits of earlier guilds. I'm barely making GE4 now which for me means slowing leveling like the older guild received for so long.
I think they should have a GE 5 and leave 4 as it was.

Cured Meat

I forgot what I read in Beta, but aren't there only 4 small treasure chests where these are possible to get in Level 4? I know its not included anymore on the Large Treasure chests. So if only 4 treasure chests, with a 10% chance to win them, with only 2 of the 7 appearing as a possibly to win in the chest, is that correct?

romeno

"The upgrade kits are not the only building-changes, the Fountain of Youth will receive a new Shrink Kit, changing its size from 3x3 to 2x3:"

is that info correct? 3x2 to 2x3 is the same area... only a direction change...

Xcynda

I'm wondering if the increased difficulty of level 4 will be based on the level of the player or player city (attack/defense power, etc.)? If one has never completed level 4 (or 3, etc.) and is trying for the first time or three, does the game know that? Does the game know that some players don't have all the attack/defense boosts of the players who have been doing level 4 for a long time? I'm just wondering if this is a blanket difficulty increase does that automatically disfavor lower level players vs. higher level players? Or is that the point of level 4?

Please place your feedback below about the Guild Expedition Changes, click here to see the content

Pointless to make level 4 HARDER when most advanced players don't even play GE more than GBG. Soooo.... that and the fact that I sell those relics to get important stuff in the antique... means that this is harder for nothing. If you all truly listen to the players, then listen to us. STOP MAKING THIS GAME DIFFICULT! The soccer event was proof that difficult is not always best when it's just non sensical and illogical.

Str8Ace

Wow! Making GE Level 4 harder... Whatever possessed you to do that? Some of us are quite happy with the rewards as they are. It seems like GE Level 4 got harder about a month ago. I know y'all say it hasn't, but my troop losses definitely increased significantly AND after what I perceive to be the change happened I had to negotiate one encounter in Level 4 until I boosted my Attack bonus and Defense bonus. This was definitely new behavior for the game. I spent the last month focusing on upping my attack and defense bonus so that I could fight my way through again because I hate negotiating. My attack bonus (without the Tavern boost and without the 20% potion boost) is at 300% and my defense bonus is at 320%. If I am again unable to battle my way through GE 4 then this may be my impetus to quit the game. I have literally spent a ton of diamonds to get my city to where it currently is and I refuse to spend anymore in order to be competitive in GE Level 4.

Tried it today super hard could not win battles in GE4 any more. about 150% more attack and defense yikes! thats about a lvl 250 Zeus worth of attack/defense.
Would love to see some one make a video beating the new GE4 in Arctic Future. Cause i not sure how that is possible unless u got 800% attack or something.

For more advanced players, the gold relics are generally more valuable than the jade relics. These new upgrades likely make the situation worse. There is an exception to this, however. One of the gold relics awards a tiny amount of medals. Medals! Seriously? I have 28 million of them. They are pretty much worthless after you have purchased the maximum number of expansions. Now, when I hit a gold relic, only to discover medals I want to pitch my computer into the lake. It's very frustrating. I'd suggest scraping that gold relic entirely. And, I'd wish you'd add a greater variety of jade relics, perhaps one that awards 200 fps or 500 goods.