• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

10 worth less than 8?

DeletedUser3485

Since when is beating 10 enemy units worth less than beating 8 enemy units?? Apparently, since they started running 2 wave SAM battles. What this means is that when you fight a Space Age Mars 2 wave battle that has 8 enemy units in the 1st wave and 2 enemy units in the 2nd wave, you only score 72,000 BP. If you fight a SAM single wave with 8 enemy units, you score 144,000 BP. All the other 2 wave SAM battles seem to score properly, IE..... 8/4, 8/6 and 8/8. No, it isn't just me, I've had other players run the same tests. And yes, I've brought this up to support and as usual, I get the same indifferent runaround from them as in all other support requests. I know the moderators have game accounts and can easily see what I am referring to.

Agent327

We don't have to. You found out how it works. It isn't a bug. It isn't a mistake. It is intended to work this way.

qaccy

@lorendar Every fight is scored properly. In two-wave battles, you get zero points from the first wave, but the second wave's value is doubled. On PC you can see this by hovering over the points received at the end of the battle (even to confirm the zero received from the first wave).

DeletedUser3485

I know exactly HOW the scoring is supposed to work So, you're telling me that I fight a 1 wave army with 8 defending units and score 144,000 battle points, but fight a 2 wave battle that has 8 defending units in the 1st wave and then fight 2 defending units in the 2nd wave and only get 72,000 battles points is a proper score? Oh, BTW, when I fight 2 waves that the 2nd wave has more than 2 units in it, there is a higher battle score. Qaccy, you have no clue.

wolfhoundtoo

Someone quite awhile back used to fight and retreat after the 1st wave and greatly increased their score as a result. Thus the 1st wave points were done away with to prevent this abuse.

qaccy

I know exactly HOW the scoring is supposed to work So, you're telling me that I fight a 1 wave army with 8 defending units and score 144,000 battle points, but fight a 2 wave battle that has 8 defending units in the 1st wave and then fight 2 defending units in the 2nd wave and only get 72,000 battles points is a proper score? Oh, BTW, when I fight 2 waves that the 2nd wave has more than 2 units in it, there is a higher battle score. Qaccy, you have no clue.
Sorry, missed the reply here until I saw you making a duplicate thread. I'm sorry to say that you're the one who's mistaken here. To sum it up, it doesn't matter at all what or how many units are in the first wave of a two-wave battle as far as scoring is concerned. Only the second wave matters, and the value of that battle is simply doubled compared to what those units would normally give in a single-wave battle. It's as simple as that.

Emberguard

Only the second wave matters, and the value of that battle is simply doubled compared to what those units would normally give in a single-wave battle. It's as simple as that.
And for Tournament Towers the age is also determined by the second wave.

DeletedUser3485

Quacky, thanks for regurgitating info I already have heard and know. I hope it makes you feel superior to feel like you have to impart your unasked for knowledge, when that's not even the point to this thread. Emberguard, AGAIN, the question is why do they have a 2 wave fight that takes more skill and fighting BE WORTH less than a single wave fight that has less troops. Do you not follow the point I'm trying to get across?

Agent327

Emberguard, AGAIN, the question is why do they have a 2 wave fight that takes more skill and fighting BE WORTH less than a single wave fight that has less troops. Do you not follow the point I'm trying to get across?

AGAIN something already answered multiple times. Because players were abusing the two wave battle system just to score points. Easy solution to that was only give points for beating the second wave.

Emberguard

Ok, why? Because players were abusing fights for scoring purposes by retreating after the first wave. So now the first wave just doesn't exist in multi-wave battles for scoring purposes, only the last wave exists (in scoring).

BruteForceAttack

Lack of skills/imagination/thinking out of the box pick your choice. if a game cannot add points you gained from lvl1 and lvl 2 fight... it is just shame on the fundamentals of the game. And they know it but they cant fix it.

qaccy

@lorendar Just explaining how it works, that's all! You seem to be confused by it, hence the explanation.

You're also misspelling my name even though it's right there on your screen when you reply, so I have to wonder if it's just tough for you to read.

DeletedUser17800

I understand not rewarding points after 1st battle of 2-battle fights to prevent people from retreating after 1st battle. But why not just reward for the total number of units defeated in both battles? It makes no sense to get rewarded fewer points for defeating more units.

Agent327

I understand not rewarding points after 1st battle of 2-battle fights to prevent people from retreating after 1st battle. But why not just reward for the total number of units defeated in both battles? It makes no sense to get rewarded fewer points for defeating more units.

Probably cause it was the fastest and easiest solution.