• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer 2020 Feedback

Lankybrit

Now that we're a couple of days in, here's some feedback.

1. The Event Building looks great, and will be a great boon to all my cities.
2. The Wheel of Fortune is quite fun, and getting all those prizes is nice.
3. The Ship advancement is total garbage. Are you really saying that the randomness of this will cause some to miss out on the final upgrade of the building just because they got lots of 1s?

Cheers.

mintbunnies

I've not even seen a Crow's Nest on my wheel. My neighbors also don't like to refresh and will keep spinning regardless if the gold and/or silver prizes are all taken D:

RazorbackPirate

I just got to the daily quests, and it only gives one doubloon per quest. So far, I haven’t gotten in the incidents yet. It’s gonna be tight. I’m gonna wait till the last day and see how far I got before putting down the villa.
According to the 'Wiki that shall not be named,' only the last 4 daily quests provide 2 doubloons.

Nicholas002

According to the 'Wiki that shall not be named,' only the last 4 daily quests provide 2 doubloons.
That same wiki also contradicts itself. The overview of the amount of doubloons expected says only the last quest gives 2 doubloons, so I don’t know what to expect.

Tytan the Great

I have finished all available quests, only waiting for the daily quest now. I currently have 30 doubloons, and have won 3 crow nest kits . i was spinning for a forth one but someone refreshed and it’s gone. That’s the only frustrating part of this event. Honestly don’t know what I’ll end up with.

qaccy

Interestingly enough, I think because of how the Summer Event is structured, it was probably easier to get Crow's Nests and upgrades last year when they were the grand prize. Compare that to having to get them from the wheel, which is randomly-generated and shared with the neighborhood and...yeah, I think they're actually harder to get this time around lol

For the average player, anyway. Someone who checks the wheel multiple times a day and doesn't miss a single refresh is probably going to be along shortly to explain why it's actually much easier to get them this year as if everyone is doing exactly what they are.:p

Rotts4Ever

Summer 2020 event is one of the worst ones I have participated in. When I started my avatar, last year, I was enthusiastic about these event. Now it just seems like more of the same. I used five spins on multiple wheels and 4 out of the 5 came back with water dome as the prize. I now have 11 in inventory and INNO offers 200 coins to trade them, utterly worthless to me. INNO seems to be getting greedy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Summer 2020 event is one of the worst ones I have participated in. When I started my avatar, last year, I was enthusiastic about these event. Now it just seems like more of the same. I used five spins on multiple wheels and 4 out of the 5 came back with water dome as the prize. I now have 11 in inventory and INNO offers 200 coins to trade them, utterly worthless to me. INNO seems to be getting greedy.

Strange way of looking at it. You are losing at gambling, so the house gets greedy.

DeletedUser26240

I am through end of the map. Prize is 13500 medals, but I want the next prize that is Manor Upgrade kit. I am waiting that the prize will change to upgrade kit. When will be the prize changed to next one. Should I complete the map or wait?

Nicholas002

I am through end of the map. Prize is 13500 medals, but I want the next prize that is Manor Upgrade kit. I am waiting that the prize will change to upgrade kit. When will be the prize changed to next one. Should I complete the map or wait?
those are grand prizes, and will not change. once you have competed the current map, and received the medals, you will start the next map, and once you have finished that one, you will receive the villa Upgrade Kit.

Nicholas002

Has anyone tried selling doubloons for FPs?

Theoretically, you could find out if a neighbor is targeting a specific prize, and offer to refresh the wheel for them until that prize comes up, then stop, wait for them to win the prize, and then keep refreshing. Unless the neighbor is super patient, and would otherwise wait until the prize arrived before spinning, this would save them all the doubloons that they would have wasted refreshing.

cost? this depends on how valuable the prize is for them.

A fully upgraded Crows nest, gives 12.8 FPs a day (plus other goodies including diamonds)
this is 397 FPs per month. if the neighbor would get a max CN with your doubloons, but miss it without, your help would be worth up to 397 Fps per month.

so I don't know what a reasonable price would be. maybe between 20 and 50 FPs per doubloon?
(also, INNO sells them for 110 diamonds per doubloon, so 50 FPs would be undercutting the market in a big way)

Obviously, I wouldn't consider doing this until I get a max CN myself (I am well on track to get more than enough kits)

Anyway, it's an interesting idea, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this, or would consider trying it.

Agent327

Has anyone tried selling doubloons for FPs?

Theoretically, you could find out if a neighbor is targeting a specific prize, and offer to refresh the wheel for them until that prize comes up, then stop, wait for them to win the prize, and then keep refreshing. Unless the neighbor is super patient, and would otherwise wait until the prize arrived before spinning, this would save them all the doubloons that they would have wasted refreshing.

cost? this depends on how valuable the prize is for them.

A fully upgraded Crows nest, gives 12.8 FPs a day (plus other goodies including diamonds)
this is 397 FPs per month. if the neighbor would get a max CN with your doubloons, but miss it without, your help would be worth up to 397 Fps per month.

so I don't know what a reasonable price would be. maybe between 20 and 50 FPs per doubloon?
(also, INNO sells them for 110 diamonds per doubloon, so 50 FPs would be undercutting the market in a big way)

Obviously, I wouldn't consider doing this until I get a max CN myself (I am well on track to get more than enough kits)

Anyway, it's an interesting idea, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this, or would consider trying it.

What if you did and someone else got the prize? Would you give the fp's back?

-Chen-

I bought the $100 package twice and I’m currently working on my third villa. I made 200 at least in FPS, the pirate ship fully upgraded, the crows nest fully upgraded, four guard post kits, two royal selection kits, six outposts, two outpost upgrades, four wishing wells, three level 1 villas, seven victory towers, and multiple troops. This was a great event. I spun first thing in the morning when people were sleeping as to not mess up the wheel. All in all, I loved it a lot more than the soccer event. It took me $100 just to get a fully upgraded colossus.

Pretty much the same experience for me, which works out great, cuz I've always been a morning person anyway. I 'only' got one $140 special package deal that they offered that first day though.

I found that just like with the soccer event, I did the vast majority of my damage the first day, coming away with a HUGE haul, and after that it was hot/cold. I've come away with two fully leveled Villa's and a fully leveled Crows Nest so far, which Is what I went into it wanting, along with approximately a metric crap ton of worthless stuff that is barely even worth the time it takes to sell it at the AD. I swear, if I never see another 10% boost again, it'll be too soon.

I love the production of the Hippo, which is definitely better in FP's, but I like the Villa better in every other way, especially the look of it, which is helped by not being anywhere near as obnoxiously long as I had to make the Hippo to get it to produce like it does. The only reason I was able to fit that thing was cuz of how many houses that I still had at that time that I was able to get rid of.
Along with those two Villa's, The Crow's Nest and the couple of Rouge Hideouts I've gotten, as well as being able to use the diamonds to put down Traz, I'm definitely much happier with this event overall, and my city looks freaking awesome right now, it has really all come together better than I could have even imagined just a few months ago.

I will say that one minor complaint I have about the look of The Crow's Nest and the Villa is that they don't have any animations for either, they just kinda sit there. But, that's really minor, and they both still have a really nice look to them.

P C C

I will say that one minor complaint I have about the look of The Crow's Nest and the Villa is that they don't have any animations for either, they just kinda sit there. But, that's really minor, and they both still have a really nice look to them.
The Crow's Nest has two animations but one is relatively subtle and the other isn't obvious until after the end of the Summer event. The first is the active people on and next to the lighthouse. The second is that when you collect from it, you get parrots (?) flying off that are less noticeable while the others for the event are flying around all the time.

Tytan the Great

Is it better to accumulate a certain amount of doubloons before you spin? I used up all my doubloons so far going for the crow nest, currently got it to level 5. Now I only get 2 doubloons each day, and I don’t know if I should spend the 2 or 4 or whatever when I see the crow nest, or wait until I get like 15 and then spin. Any suggestions?

-Chen-

The Crow's Nest has two animations but one is relatively subtle and the other isn't obvious until after the end of the Summer event. The first is the active people on and next to the lighthouse. The second is that when you collect from it, you get parrots (?) flying off that are less noticeable while the others for the event are flying around all the time.
Ah yeah, not sure how I managed to miss those two dudes rocking back and forth, guess after the Hippo I was looking for something a little more grandiose, and I haven't had the animations on when I collected yet, just when I first fully leveled them, but I'll be sure to look next time I do.

-Chen-

Is it better to accumulate a certain amount of doubloons before you spin? I used up all my doubloons so far going for the crow nest, currently got it to level 5. Now I only get 2 doubloons each day, and I don’t know if I should spend the 2 or 4 or whatever when I see the crow nest, or wait until I get like 15 and then spin. Any suggestions?
Definitely!
This is only my second event, but one indisputable truth with both is that you're better off waiting until you have a decent amount of whatever the currency is, and then going hard after whatever you want when it's available. That, and with this event, it's best to try and pick a time when there aren't many (if any) other people spinning the wheel, so you don't end up having somebody refresh it on you. So far I only had that happen once, when somebody refreshed it on me after I had spun six times going for one of the big FP packs.. Also had somebody snag a crows nest upgrade ahead of me once.