• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

Lankybrit

That's not a tiny town though! Looks like what's just going to be a normal city for a new player. A 'tiny town' as far as this thread is concerned is basically one that doesn't use expansions.
It doesn't have any expansions. I'm about to hit Iron Age now with no expansions.Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 11.34.01 AM.png

Last edited:

Praetorius

Update!
untitled.png

Took out the Pagoda and Tholos to put in the Carceres, L7 Art Exhibition, and another sleigh builder for more goods and army bonus.

Farfle the smelly

I read a little of this thread last night and became fascinated with this idea. Once I get my two cities to Mars (probably months and moooonths from now), I think I’ll take a stab at this style of challenge. So many nifty problems to solve!

Edit: wait, I can’t see your Carceres. Is it hidden behind a building? And I would think Tholos would be more efficient space wise if it was leveled, no?

Edit 2: now I see it. Definitely looks different against a building like that. My bad.

Praetorius

I read a little of this thread last night and became fascinated with this idea. Once I get my two cities to Mars (probably months and moooonths from now), I think I’ll take a stab at this style of challenge. So many nifty problems to solve!

Edit: wait, I can’t see your Carceres. Is it hidden behind a building? And I would think Tholos would be more efficient space wise if it was leveled, no?

Edit 2: now I see it. Definitely looks different against a building like that. My bad.
Yeah, the Carceres and the Lighthouse kinda look like a castle or a palace together like that.

Praetorius

How are events on tiny towns? Thinking of all those x production quests.....
It's a lot more difficult due to not just the limited space but also the increasing demands as you go up the ages. But Store Buildings and Supply Rushes help tremendously.

The Antique Dealer has been a godsend, recycling stuff I don't need or can't use into stuff I do need and use. I can get small, easy to build houses and productions, extra units, and even stacks of coins and supplies and especially Store Buildings. Not to mention that Art Exhibition I've got. (if I could get the last upgrade...)

BTW. My army is currently at 126/124% thanks to the Carceres I just picked up.

Nicholas002

my tailor purchase was a godsend. If you can afford it, I’d totally replace those butchers and then you’re super covered for RQs.
premium buildings are almost never worth it. by the time you get to EMA, your tailor will be only a little better than the EMA regular supply buildings, and by HMA, exactly the same, so unless you are camping forever in IA, those are basically wasted diamonds. I prefer to use diamonds on permanent things, like expansions.

Farfle the smelly

premium buildings are almost never worth it. by the time you get to EMA, your tailor will be only a little better than the EMA regular supply buildings, and by HMA, exactly the same, so unless you are camping forever in IA, those are basically wasted diamonds. I prefer to use diamonds on permanent things, like expansions.
I still don’t mind the purchase. I spent one (very boring) evening questing the unbirthday and actually ran out of supplies and thus could no longer make any goods. Felt like a total dweeb, good lesson!, but the tailor really paid for itself in time.

I don’t care that it’s not a forever building, I just know in Iron at least it was incredibly helpful. Like this morning when I was half asleep and collected supplies and goods before checking my RQ for the day. Felt really stupid when I saw that I would have to wait until end of day because I needed to collect 4K supplies. I wouldn’t be able to finish the quest had I not had a tailor + supplies boost from the event.

Each game is different, for sure. I was also thinking after I posted that I would likely do 1 tailor and replace the other butcher with 4 blacksmiths for any event that came up. Hmm, strategies abound.

Praetorius

I don’t even have a tiny town but my tailor purchase was a godsend. If you can afford it, I’d totally replace those butchers and then you’re super covered for RQs.

Wait, is using diamonds against TT rules? OMG, I’m so excited to try this!!
I use diamonds for emissary slots and event currency.

In a sense, slots for emissaries could be the equivalent to expansions for Tinytowns.

qaccy

Is the Art Exhibition worth it for a Tiny Town?
The Art Exhibition is one of the best buildings in the game. They've already got all three Settlement prizes which are probably the only things definitively better.

IMO, there isn't enough space in a tiny town to really consider a military focus (if that's what you're implying). The only military bonuses I'd consider are the ones that don't really come at the expense of something else. Like Yggdrasil is still definitely worth having, but I wouldn't even look at something like a Checkmate Square or Winner's Plaza. I'd be looking at goods production primarily, possibly even moreso than FP.