• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Not able to build Goods Buildings in Progressive era

fevis

Hi!, I'm in Progressive era and whenever I try to build a Goods Building such as Asbestos, Oil refinery and such, although I have both the necessary expansion and roads, I cannot because it always shows that the building need to be connected with a road. When I build in the same spot anything else, like a garage or a residential building, it works just fine. What is wrong?

Attachments

• Forge.png
    Forge.png
    209.1 KB · Views: 16

wolfhoundtoo

it needs to be connected to your town hall via a 2 lane road which means that the 2 lane road must connect directly to your city hall. You can't connect a 2 lane road to a 1 lane road that won't work although you can connect a 1 lane road to a 2 lane road for other buildings.

Tytan the Great

This is why you stay in the early ages for a while to learn about the game before you move up. Progressive and up is where everything changes. 2 lane roads, refined goods, battle map scaling, all troops are range units, etc. If you are not prepared and stocked up, it’s gonna be like emmagirl said “that sounds awful”

Statik1301

Or
This is why you stay in the early ages for a while to learn about the game before you move up. Progressive and up is where everything changes. 2 lane roads, refined goods, battle map scaling, all troops are range units, etc. If you are not prepared and stocked up, it’s gonna be like emmagirl said “that sounds awful”
Or maybe they shouldn't create such a crap dynamic in the game.

Statik1301

The is where I quit playing the game because it's just stupid at this point.

Ericness

The odd thing about two lane roads is that they are rapidly becoming unnecessary headaches. In my main I don't need them to connect military, goods, supply, decoration, cultural, or population buildings so I don't foresee having to make room for them. In a way it's kind of disappointing given that it also means I never even look at current age buildings unless it is to build and delete for a quest, but that is the way the game has drifted over the years.

For those that have advanced beyond me (farthest I've been is Tomorrow), do they ever become essential?

Ericness

Yes, they do become essential for militairy buildings.

I've already hit the point where military buildings need them, but if my level 60+ and counting Traz will pump out units regardless of whether or not the barracks are considered connected why bother with two lanes? I just leave what I need in the mud for however long I want those units and then replace with something else

Beorn Bear

Yes, they do become essential for militairy buildings.
Not if you have an Alcatraz GB. Traz will produce units of the type of any military building in your city, and it doesn't matter whether the military building is connected to a road, or indeed whether it is even finished. As long as the building's foundation is laid, the Traz will produce that type of units.