• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would you stay in a guild like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmet Bro

The guild I'm in on my main world is a GBG monster. We have taken first place in every diamond league we have participated in, and this is bothering the "top" guilds on our world. This round of GBG had us against 7 other guilds, 4 of whom are all allied. These 4 guilds are rank 3, 6, 9, and 16, while we are a lowly rank 14. We won. By a lot. With 5 days and 8 hours left, we are more than triple the VP of the guild currently in 2nd place. This showcases Inno's ranking of guilds isn't perfect, but I digress.

Obviously, when you form an alliance of 4 guilds and get smoked by a solo guild, this tends to make you upset. These 4 guilds have banded together and decided their best course of action would be to... stop fighting for sectors in order to deny us additional fights. Yes, you did read that correctly. These 4 guilds, which have a combined 234 members, have decided to deny these 200+ members almost 6 full days of GBG rewards simply because their leaders are upset about losing. We know this because the top ranked guild of the 4 decided to send our leaders a snide message bragging about how they are going to deny us fights by going full turtle-mode in GBG.

My question for you all is simple: would you stay in a guild where your leaders' pride is enough to deny you massive rewards? Consider that each member who gets 500 fights in Diamond will likely earn 100+ SoH fragments, and around 1000 FPs, plus goods, troops, and diamonds. We only use siege camps and never trap sectors, so this is purely an ego issue. I'd love to hear your thoughts, because personally, if I were in one of those 4 guilds I would leave immediately.

Emberguard

This showcases Inno's ranking of guilds isn't perfect, but I digress.
This statement assumes you have a closer match available in your world

My question for you all is simple: would you stay in a guild where your leaders' pride is enough to deny you massive rewards?
Depends on how invested into GbG I am at the time and how much that spitefulness spills into the guild in general.

If I‘m invested into GBG and want a fair fight yeah, I’d leave. I already left one guild that decided to spite another guild because I didn’t want to follow that direction and knew if I stayed I’d have to as a active participant.

However if I’m barely paying attention or have lost interest prior to that season then it may be a bit of a moot point to leave. Because by that point I would have already not been doing more then the minimum. It’d then depend on whether it’s becoming a toxic environment as to whether I’d stay or leave

Nicholas002

If you dont like your guilds leaders, there's nothing stopping you from making a one man killing machine. In beta I did a one man guild and got to silver by the session, could probably have kept going to plat eventually. If you have a good enough arc you could build a good amount of camps, even easier since it's just your age goods it wants.
when someone figures out how to get hover tanks in the Iron Age, I will make a one man diamond league guild for fun. screw siege camps lol

Nicholas002

Sounds like a challenge :cool:

...I have no idea how you’d do it though
I am currently trying a method Uber thought up. I am about halfway to the point where I will know if it is possible or not.
since the whole thing is a loophole in the code (just like hovers in PME), there are probably numerous unknown things that have to go right for it to work.
likely, it would take many trials to finally figure it out, but we'll see

planetofthehumans2

when someone figures out how to get hover tanks in the Iron Age, I will make a one man diamond league guild for fun. screw siege camps lol
A good enough attack/defense will get you pretty far in attrition before you start losing people, and then you replace them with a high level traz. No tom foolery required. ;)

Helmet Bro

Depends on how invested into GbG I am at the time and how much that spitefulness spills into the guild in general.

If I‘m invested into GBG and want a fair fight yeah, I’d leave. I already left one guild that decided to spite another guild because I didn’t want to follow that direction and knew if I stayed I’d have to as a active participant.

However if I’m barely paying attention or have lost interest prior to that season then it may be a bit of a moot point to leave. Because by that point I would have already not been doing more then the minimum. It’d then depend on whether it’s becoming a toxic environment as to whether I’d stay or leave
Good point, I'm making the assumption that players are involved with GBG. Personally, losing almost 6 days of GBG because my leaders are mad they lost an advantageous fight suggests both incompetent leadership and immature personalities. The guild I'm in is terrific, and our leaders and members absolutely deserve a ton of credit for winning a fight like this. I just can't imagine standing idly by if I were in one of those other guilds as my leaders denied me a lot of rewards out of spite. GBG rewards in diamond league are far too valuable to just cut the season in half, especially when your guild has a substantial treasury so you can spam siege camps and get members thousands of fights per season.

Nicholas002

Good point, I'm making the assumption that players are involved with GBG. Personally, losing almost 6 days of GBG because my leaders are mad they lost an advantageous fight suggests both incompetent leadership and immature personalities. The guild I'm in is terrific, and our leaders and members absolutely deserve a ton of credit for winning a fight like this. I just can't imagine standing idly by if I were in one of those other guilds as my leaders denied me a lot of rewards out of spite. GBG rewards in diamond league are far too valuable to just cut the season in half, especially when your guild has a substantial treasury so you can spam siege camps and get members thousands of fights per season.
If the GLs exhibit incompetence and/or immaturity, I would have left long ago.

BruteForceAttack

The guild I'm in on my main world is a GBG monster. We have taken first place in every diamond league we have participated in, and this is bothering the "top" guilds on our world. This round of GBG had us against 7 other guilds, 4 of whom are all allied. These 4 guilds are rank 3, 6, 9, and 16, while we are a lowly rank 14. We won. By a lot. With 5 days and 8 hours left, we are more than triple the VP of the guild currently in 2nd place. This showcases Inno's ranking of guilds isn't perfect, but I digress.

Obviously, when you form an alliance of 4 guilds and get smoked by a solo guild, this tends to make you upset. These 4 guilds have banded together and decided their best course of action would be to... stop fighting for sectors in order to deny us additional fights. Yes, you did read that correctly. These 4 guilds, which have a combined 234 members, have decided to deny these 200+ members almost 6 full days of GBG rewards simply because their leaders are upset about losing. We know this because the top ranked guild of the 4 decided to send our leaders a snide message bragging about how they are going to deny us fights by going full turtle-mode in GBG.

My question for you all is simple: would you stay in a guild where your leaders' pride is enough to deny you massive rewards? Consider that each member who gets 500 fights in Diamond will likely earn 100+ SoH fragments, and around 1000 FPs, plus goods, troops, and diamonds. We only use siege camps and never trap sectors, so this is purely an ego issue. I'd love to hear your thoughts, because personally, if I were in one of those 4 guilds I would leave immediately.

Clearly it is working, as you are coming here and cryin about it...grow up :)

Aggressor

Nope, not V. Experiencing the same thing over there?
The idea started from V. Interesting to see it has spread to other worlds. My guild was involved in the original GbG boycott. Looking back at it it wasn't fun at all, but it wasn't fun for the other guild either. I am going to leave my guild if they try it again.
But yeah, that all started on V world with my guild. In fact it ALL started on a GvG discord that I was on when we thought of the idea. Never thought it would spread to other worlds

Nicholas002

The idea started from V. Interesting to see it has spread to other worlds. My guild was involved in the original GbG boycott. Looking back at it it wasn't fun at all, but it wasn't fun for the other guild either. I am going to leave my guild if they try it again.
But yeah, that all started on V world with my guild. In fact it ALL started on a GvG discord that I was on when we thought of the idea. Never thought it would spread to other worlds
how do you know it didn't start on other worlds. because you didn't hear about it?

Aggressor

how do you know it didn't start on other worlds. because you didn't hear about it?
It started on V and then I hear rumors of it spreading to other worlds. so that's why I thought it started there and that's the only place we know that it would've started from so I'm assuming that's where it came from

Helmet Bro

Clearly it is working, as you are coming here and cryin about it...grow up :)
You're awfully generous with your use of "crying". Your response tells me you're a GL who tried this and got some backlash from your members, since you devolved into insults so quickly on a post where my main question is asking if people think this is acceptable GL behavior or not. You should look up "projecting" as it relates to psychology, you might find some useful info!

ArrowsOfTime

what world do you play on

Emberguard

the idea of boycotting isn’t an original idea in itself. I would not be surprised if other worlds and other servers thought of it independently of v and never heard of each other doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.