• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Forum Removal

XENA27

We understand that not everyone uses the guild forums and it is a system that should be phased out, but why not add more features to the guild messages tab before removing it? The new solution is not even close to a replacement for a decently featured forum and that feedback was provided thoroughly on the beta forums and is being conveniently ignored.

I echo what McBlueFire is saying, totally summed up the same issues I have. And what's the rush deleting the current guild forum? PLEASE extend the deadline until a better solution is found in the message center to accommodate our documents. This is totally not workable and unfair to guilds who have extensive amounts of documents stored in their guild forum. This should not have been released on the live servers until this was fixed in Beta. Please listen to the guild leaders and work with us to preserve all the hard work we have put in on our guild forums over the years.

Last edited:

Lady Gato

Post by Dudetta in Beta

I do not know why they want feedback for a feature that they are determined to remove. But perhaps with enough feedback, they will adjust the messaging system so that the players that used the guild forum will not be forced to go outside and seek a solution elsewhere.

Back when I was co-admin of a guild on Jaims, we used the forums occasionally to advertise our guild in an effort to get members who would actually be active. People in the game tend to get upset with guild admins if they invite players to their guilds, effectively calling them away from the guild of which they're already a member. And, I understand that because it is rather rude unless the player is broadcasting he/she is unhappy in his/her guild and wants a change. So, if the forums leave, where are guilds supposed to do their recruiting without causing a bunch of unrest in the game?

Post by Dudetta in Beta

I do not know why they want feedback for a feature that they are determined to remove. But perhaps with enough feedback, they will adjust the messaging system so that the players that used the guild forum will not be forced to go outside and seek a solution elsewhere.
It's probably similar to when a TV network does a poll of a show's audience but cancels it anyway, no matter how positive the feedback is for it. (I'm looking at you, WB USA!)

Agent327

Back when I was co-admin of a guild on Jaims, we used the forums occasionally to advertise our guild in an effort to get members who would actually be active. People in the game tend to get upset with guild admins if they invite players to their guilds, effectively calling them away from the guild of which they're already a member. And, I understand that because it is rather rude unless the player is broadcasting he/she is unhappy in his/her guild and wants a change. So, if the forums leave, where are guilds supposed to do their recruiting without causing a bunch of unrest in the game?

I seriously doubt guilds will get new members by recruiting on their own guild forum.

Agent327

Perhaps at the time @ETHLVA was previously active in the game, guild forums were able to be seen by others.

That would have been great! Being able to see the GvG plans of your opponents for instance.

Guild forums could never be seen by just other players. All you could/can do is share (part of) your forum with other guilds.

@ETHLVA probably has misunderstood what forums we are talking about.

Lady Gato

That would have been great! Being able to see the GvG plans of your opponents for instance.

Guild forums could never be seen by just other players. All you could/can do is share (part of) your forum with other guilds.

@ETHLVA probably has misunderstood what forums we are talking about.
Yes to the last part.

WiseOdin

The Guild Forum will be removed October 5th. Read everything about it here.
Boo! Hiss, hiss.
The guild forum has been found to be pretty useful not only for how we organize tips and strategies, but how we separate that out of the shenanigans and getting to know each other threads.

Not to mention, because Inno has to change the mechanics of the game so often, the guild forum threads can simply be EDITED to be updated, while the "important" message threads would have to be deleted.

Very consumer un-friendly to pull these down. At a certain point, like this point, we'll simply look beyond the borders of Inno to keep these forums, and Inno will subsequently lose control over what we're posting, entirely.

>Edited to add "Message" and "Forum" every time I mentioned "threads" for clarification (Isn't being able to edit important?)

Last edited:

Lady Gato

Only the last part?

And here I thought I gave some other interesting info :eek:
I don't know enough about the guild forum to know what it's features have been from the very beginning of this game. Nor do I know if the features of the guild forum were different during the time that @ETHLVA originally played. All I do know is that the last suggestion you had was most likely to be the case with @ETHLVA

If you've been here since the beginning of this game, then I bow to your knowledge of this feature.

Agent327

Not to mention, because Inno has to change the mechanics of the game so often, the guild forum threads can simply be EDITED to be updated, while the "important" message threads would have to be deleted.

Editing will be coming in one of the next updates.

WiseOdin

Editing will be coming in one of the next updates.
That's good to hear. What about organizing the guild messages into sub-folders? Because that ability to organize the guild forum into sub folders like "welcome threads" "basic tips and tricks" "advanced advice" "Current GvG and GBG tactics discussions" and "leadership discussions" is a powerful one, that allows the guild forum to be used in a wide variety of ways all at the same time. I don't see any sub-folders in the guild message board.

Agent327

That's good to hear. What about organizing the guild messages into sub-folders? Because that ability to organize the guild forum into sub folders like "welcome threads" "basic tips and tricks" "advanced advice" "Current GvG and GBG tactics discussions" and "leadership discussions" is a powerful one, that allows the guild forum to be used in a wide variety of ways all at the same time. I don't see any sub-folders in the guild message board.

For now just editing and deleting your own threads.

McBluefire

Editing our own message? That's not very helpful for maintaining guild information. It should be a power of the Guild Moderators function to edit any message posted in guild messages. Otherwise whoever posted it originally is on the hook for keeping it updated forever. If they leave the guild then it's back to copy the sections of the message somewhere outside of FoE (any ole bottom barrel text editor will do), make the edits. Create a new thread, post back the entry(ies) and then lock the thread. Delete the old thread. Go back to the new thread and mark it important. Oh, oops, forgot to mark it important? Ah, well... hope you kept a copy of the edit as it's gone 60 days from when it was last updated.

I do, however, look forward to the edit my own message feature because I am notorious for proof-reading *after* I post, so finally folks can just see I edited it instead of trying to figure out what I was trying to edit with my next send of the message. ;)

Galechade

Since Inno set up a new message center and put all our messages in it, why can't they add a guild tab and Inno move all our info from the current forum over to the tab in the same format the info is currently in? This is Inno's brilliant idea, so Inno needs to fix it. This is looking just like the new PVP Tower issues over on the EN server that kind of blew up in Inno's face. It didn't even last the week before Inno announced they were changing back to the old way. Why is it the PC users keep getting punished for Inno not properly preparing to have FoE put on mobile? Every aspect of the game a PC user has access to can be made for mobile players to also access and should have been before it went live on mobile. All it takes is Inno hiring gaming programmers who know what they are doing. Geez even college interns could do this.

Lady Gato

UPDATE

See the announcement, which applies to beta only, here

Basically, the devs will look at what functionality they can add to the message system which would replace SOME of the features that are in the Guild Forum. So in your feedback - probably need to point out what is the MOST important feature(s) of the forum to put into the messaging system.

But as yet - this announcement only applies to the guild forum removal in beta.

SabreHawk

With the limiting of saved threads in the Guild Tab, you have negated the purpose you created the new system for. Sometimes, it is prudent to know when too much is too much. You should leave the new tabs just as they are and leave the guild forum intact. That is where we post things we want our new members to know about. And we have to do that in many more than just five (5) posts.
Please leave things as they are and leave the guild forum right where it is. We like it there. We only need it seen when we send people to it to read on our guilds procedures and other permanent information.
This deleting of the guild forum, as presently constituted, is not a good thing.