• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ugh. 'Build x of product y' storyline quests

Dryke

...I suppose we need variety in the storyline quests, but having quests that require you to produce things you can only build with buildings that require 2 lane roads are particularly loathsome. I don't use 2 lane roads in my city, so such a request means tearing down buildings or otherwise disorganizing my city to pull them off. When it was specific military units I got around it by just plopping down the correct building, and even though disconnected my 'Traz would do the job for me...but when it's a production building I can't think of any way around it. Back to back such quests in SAM. Here's my vote for 'please don't keep making these quests in new ages'.

Agent327

There are plenty of special buildings that do not need two lane roads you can use. For every quest there is a solution.

emmagirl2

...I suppose we need variety in the storyline quests, but having quests that require you to produce things you can only build with buildings that require 2 lane roads are particularly loathsome. I don't use 2 lane roads in my city, so such a request means tearing down buildings or otherwise disorganizing my city to pull them off. When it was specific military units I got around it by just plopping down the correct building, and even though disconnected my 'Traz would do the job for me...but when it's a production building I can't think of any way around it. Back to back such quests in SAM. Here's my vote for 'please don't keep making these quests in new ages'.
or get some sleigh builders

Kranyar the Mysterious

Sleigh Builders are great for goods, not quest productions. If you need to gain goods for a quest you are better off doing recurring quests or circle trades.

Magnum Opus or Sunken Treasures are great for productions, and give fp when you aren't doing quest requirements.

- edit - Missed that it specifically referenced the storyline not simply quest (event or daily).

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

All the above replies are for Events... For Story quest, you can abort them if you have option to do that...if it is recurring quest at least try and do it till you get diamonds.

Nicholas002

You can't abort story quests.
Incorrect

edit so you don’t say I am wrong:

Your Choice: Truth or Dare?
Request
Your Grace! Do you want to reveal the full truth about the mad Colonel Lang to the public? If you want to keep his real fate a secret and bury him as a war hero, abort this quest. But if you prefer to tell the truth, regardless of the consequences, fulfill this quest.

Required:
  • Coins.png Pay 20,000 coins
  • Supplies.png Gather 40,000 supplies
Completion
Your Grace! You decided to tell the public the full truth about Colonel Lang. I hope this will not cause any problems!

Reward:
  • Random Reward.png 1 Random Reward
Additional Information
Abortable: Yes

there are many more abortable story quests like this.

Last edited:

Agent327

Incorrect

Quests

Ia portrait righthand.png

On the left of the screen you will see portraits of your advisors. If you click on one, you can do quests for them. Quests let you delve deeper into the game world, and they tell you the history of the world, its countries and rulers.

Fulfilling quests is worth it – because you get interesting rewards such as goods, coins, supplies, units that are not tied to slots in military buildings, and diamonds. There are basically two different types of quests. Your right hand man, Ragu Silvertongue, leads you through the main story. You cannot refuse his quests – you have to do them. At a later point in the game there will be a second questline with an additional storyline, quests which you can't abort either.

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Basics

Nicholas002

Quests

Ia portrait righthand.png

On the left of the screen you will see portraits of your advisors. If you click on one, you can do quests for them. Quests let you delve deeper into the game world, and they tell you the history of the world, its countries and rulers.

Fulfilling quests is worth it – because you get interesting rewards such as goods, coins, supplies, units that are not tied to slots in military buildings, and diamonds. There are basically two different types of quests. Your right hand man, Ragu Silvertongue, leads you through the main story. You cannot refuse his quests – you have to do them. At a later point in the game there will be a second questline with an additional storyline, quests which you can't abort either.

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Basics
Once again, the fan wiki proves more reliable than the official wiki.

Agent327

Once again, the fan wiki proves more reliable than the official wiki.

Fan wiki actually states the same.

The quests cannot be aborted and a player will need to fulfil all the prerequisites in order to complete them.

Just look it up

The quest you use as "proof" is not a story quest, but nice try.

Nicholas002

Fan wiki actually states the same.

The quests cannot be aborted and a player will need to fulfil all the prerequisites in order to complete them.

Just look it up

The quest you use as "proof" is not a story quest, but nice try.
“Your choice truth or dare” isn’t a story quest. It’s a side quest
according to a source, here is a list of PME story quests:
Postmodern Era
Postmodern Era is divided into 4 segments by leader. The West and East segments may interleave their quests in many orders if you've taken sectors on both eastern and western peninsulas.

Introduction: Che Guerrero (note: the story quests after East vs West may interlace with the two succeeding segments)

1. Welcome to the Jungle
  2. Checking Out Che
  3. Power to the People!
  4. Gaining Influence
  5. East vs West
  6. Checkmate, Che! or El Comandante or Cheerful Che (depending on previous decisions)
  7. Guerrero's Guerrillas or Business with Che (depending on previous decisions)
  8. Move on!
  9. They Keep on Coming or More Business with Che (if you have not yet acquired both Cai Chet Nui and Rung Chien Dau, depending on previous decisions)
  10. Ambush, Again! or Che, Again (if you have not yet acquired both Cai Chet Nui and Rung Chien Dau, depending on previous decisions)
West: Quai Vat Dinh

1. Queen of the Jungle
  2. Mystery Fever
  3. Jungle Drum
  4. A Camp in the Jungle
  5. Paint It Black!
  6. Hamburger Hill
  7. Jungle Secrets
  8. More Mysteries
  9. Smoke Her Out
  10. Finish Her!
  11. The Queen is Dead
  12. There is More... (if you have not yet scouted Sot Dam Lay)
East: Minh Ho-Chi

1. Uncle Minh
  2. Revolutionists on the Rise
  3. Pine and Cypress
  4. The Storm is Coming
  5. Ships in the Night
  6. Our Best Man
  7. Minh's Meeting
  8. Missing in Action
  9. Take Him Down
  10. Finish Him!
  11. Minh Ho-Chi
  12. There is More... (if you have not yet scouted Phuc Kich or Giai Cuu Binh Minh)
Conclusion: Colonel Lang

1. Into The Heart of Darkness
  2. The Rogue Colonel
  3. Ships and Camps
  4. The Price of Treason
  5. Bring in the Colonel
  6. The Horrors
  7. Your Choice: Truth or Dare?
  8. Peace Movement (or skip to next)
  9. The End of this Chapter
  10. Around the World

and a list of the PME side quests:
Postmodern Era
Guerilla Warfare
Electronic Research
Road Warrior
Clonosaurus
Cheap Cars
Protect the Environment
Rocket Man
Computer Science
The Get Up Guy
Triassic Park
Urban Jungle
Supply Chain
Deep Thought
B*A*S*H
Extinction, Where Extinction is Due
Graffiti
Home Front
Get rid of It!
Married... with Parents
Age of Aquarius
Funkyard
Recruits Needed
Race to Space
21 Crawl Street
Toy Soldiers
Inspirational Visits
Fresh Recruits
Space Tech
Dullas Dynasty Crest
Recycling
Gardening Fun
Predator
Doctor's Advice
The Top One Percent
Stainless Steel
Reconstruction Efforts
First Blood
Interdiction
Surfin' Safari
The Green Mile
Popularity Contest
Ambushed
Mandrusoft
Fit and Fun
Cutting Edge Business
Cutting Edge City
Cutting Edge Army
Cutting Edge Science
Cutting Edge Fun
Hello World!

Emberguard

If you’re just taking their word on something it doesn’t mean much to say you’re not the only person to believe that. Because you haven’t done the research to prove the point it’s no different then if only one person made the claim (because it’s still their claim you’re basing it off)

You‘ve also only shown me one quest listed under Story. Show me more. Go through all the Story Quests and count up how many are and how many are not abortable.

Then look through your actual game. Look at whether the abortable quests are Story, Bonus, Side or Recurring. What do you see?

The game mechanics are that you can only abort Side and Recurring quests. If it is listed differently on that source then either it’s incorrect info, a bug or a exception.

You said you’ll post a screenshot if you get that quest. Great, I’ll wait. And if it says Story (and you show it’s abortable) I’ll have a bug report to write up because when I saw the quest it said Side

Last edited:

Emberguard

Sure, but give the correct info from the start so they don’t have to relearn it later on. There’s more than just Story quest.