• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Rewards Changes I'd be happy to see.

wolfhoundtoo

I like the prizes that are good. I don't like it when the claw comes up empty handed or gives out coins / productions. I'm burning tons of goods and troops. By level 3 I'm burning 5 goods per negotiator...and up to 7 from what I've seen in level 4. That's 35 goods per try and with at minimum 4 tries, that's 140 goods per encounter. Even more if you need more turns and don't want to pony up 10 diamonds for yet another 35 good turn. Then multiply that by 12 encounters per level. That a lot of goods or troops to burn up for a chance at prizes like houses & decorations, I think in the end I would like the coins and productions to be replaced by a chance at expansion, medals or even next era goods that would be great for getting ready to level up.

I'm aware that the cost in troops or goods can be prohibitive for some cities. Like I said though you need to develop your city in a manner that will let you do GE4 without it being a 'break the bank' situation whether it be goods or troops. I'm guessing you auto battle? Manual battling takes time but you can generally be much more effective running your troops then the computer which would make the battle less costly. If nothing else when you mess it up you can retreat before losing all of your troops thus limiting your losses.

If you are going to negotiate then you'll need to concentrate on goods production whether it be the Chateau (as someone else mentioned) special buildings or goods production buildings (or any other method I may of left out). Figuring out what to develop in your city to improve the outcome (in terms of troop lost or good cost to your overall production) is an important function to being able to get those rewards consistently and at a price that is manageable. What troops are you using? Picking the right troop (whether manually battling or auto) is important to the outcomes.

Have you gotten any higher aged troops from the continent map? Those can be quite useful for GE if used properly.

Vger

Question is, are you playing the GE so you have stuff to sell to the AD? If so, the Expedtition needs another make-over. Your Rewards shouldn't be stuff you don't want to keep. I love Bologna and Cheese Sandwiches but after 10 in a Row, I'd like a little Ham.
Of course not. You play GE for the good of your guild. Any stuff you win in the process is just an added bonus.

Sorry, I left out the sarcasm font. Let me try again:
Of course not. You play GE for the good of your guild. Any stuff you win in the process is just an added bonus.

With the types of hilarious ‘serious posts’ some people post on here, sarcasm can be very hard to detect at times, and indeed a font for it would be great haha

67Sage101

You did more than that. Just look at your OP. Just look at your other posts. If you want to give feedback fine. We welcome it, but does it really have to be in the way you do it? About every post of you includes a snide or an insult. Why can't you just tell in a normal way what you would like to see changed? Is that really that hard?
I apologized elsewhere and I know you get around to all the posts. Why do you feel the need to comment negatively about every post I make ? I'm going to surmise the sad reality is we are probably more alike than we care to admit.

Agent327

I apologized elsewhere and I know you get around to all the posts. Why do you feel the need to comment negatively about every post I make ? I'm going to surmise the sad reality is we are probably more alike than we care to admit.

I get around to all posts. The order in which I do can cause that I sometimes read things later than expected.

I've lamented before about the GE but it seems worse each week I play. Inno needs to Re-Do the Re-Do.

Examples:
BP's- Giving the run of the mill BP's as rewards is just trying to put filler into the contest. If Inno is not going to include premium BP's (Traz, Arc, HC, and so on) the least they could do is use ToR BP's only.
Medals- Why are the cost of Medals, Double the other Goods and this Pattern that if they give Medals, most assuredly within the next play or 2 they are taking them back.
Prizes- The Prize Rewards become mundane after 20 Weeks in a Row. The Prizes should be Rotated with some Premium Prizes at least once a month. Include a Crow's Nest, Summer Cottage into the mix along with the TF Upgrade.

Let's be real, when I hear that the Good Thing about these inferior Prizes are that "at least you can Sell them to the AD", is not a Positive about the Contest. It should be a concern to Inno that Players feel that way about what they Win. Player's aren't looking to acquire these same old rewards every week, they are thinking about Selling them and that is not a Good Look.

The Diamonds and FP are nice and are true Rewards, the Coins, Supplies, and Goods are more Filler to round out the Contest and they are OK for the 1st Round but should not be used beyond that.
In my opinion, the prizes from the 4th round should be used for the 2nd and 3rd rounds and a complete Upgrade of Prizes for the 4th Round and it should be changed every Month.

Plain Red Justice

Of course. Give me a 1% chance to get an Arc 180 at the 64th encounter and we can call it a fair deal. I need more moneys for dem programs

Lord Pest

It’s tough to please all players across all ages. Inno does a pretty good job. Those junk prizes to a player in CE and above might be considered plum prizes by players in the lower ages.

Algona

I've lamented before about the GE but it seems worse each week I play.

You're exactly right. I don't think you realize why.

With few exceptions, the prizes unique to GE are designed for beginning and intermediate players.

The prizes don't change, your evaluation of their usefulness does as you earn, utilize, and eventually outgrow the majority of GE Prizes.

It ain't the GE prizes getting worse, it's you getting better as a player.

He has to mean battle 52 of level 4. LOL The idea of 52 levels of GE is mind boggling. :eek:
To get the most out of GE, Get ToR to lvl 10 It does fine at that level. Sit in the one age until you build your military strength up enough to auto battle all 4 levels without losing to many troops. That way you do not need to use goods up in Negs either.
thanks for the advice. Will do. I do think the rewards have gotten really lousy since the change. I used to get many more fp rewards... now nothing but the same three tired bps coming up or Gate of the Sun or Face of the Ancient. Not worth doing... LOUSY.

You're exactly right. I don't think you realize why.

With few exceptions, the prizes unique to GE are designed for beginning and intermediate players.

The prizes don't change, your evaluation of their usefulness does as you earn, utilize, and eventually outgrow the majority of GE Prizes.

It ain't the GE prizes getting worse, it's you getting better as a player.
Sorry, the prizes are worse.... much much worse. I used to get fps all the time. Now a Gold idol gives .... what? 20 medals? Puleez.

Lord Pest

I guess once again I swim against the tide. Im working on getting my ToR to level 100. It’s at 75 now. I’ve noticed a big difference in the number of relics you find and the % of gold and jade relics you get have gone up. You do not get better prices but the fact that you get 8-10 gold and jade relics gives you more chances to get the stuff you do want.
I want 100 fp, Reno kits, 1 up kits, and store building kits. I usually get at least 3 of those every GE. The rest of the winnings for me can go to the antique dealer. Nothing gets wasted. The diamonds won... nothing to do with the ToR... are nice too.

GE is not hard... but it is up to you to make it not hard.

Algona

Sorry, the prizes are worse.... much much worse. I used to get...

I'm not a very good person on who to try to use anecdotal evidence. I spent 7 months documenting 10,000 WW/FoY collections just to find the Diamond drop rate. MK subforum,, Algona the Peddler thread.

You can start collecting data Monday. You've got 3 cities. You can collect up to 192 GE Encounter payoffs per week and with a little effort could have 3 ToRs and collect a reasonable amount of Relic drops as well.

I recorded data daily, feel free to do the same. I look forward to seeing and reviewing your data.

DravenOfTheStars

Question is, are you playing the GE so you have stuff to sell to the AD? If so, the Expedtition needs another make-over. Your Rewards shouldn't be stuff you don't want to keep. I love Bologna and Cheese Sandwiches but after 10 in a Row, I'd like a little Ham.

I think most people primarily want diamonds and FP...and the ToR increases the odds of golden relics which can give 100 fp each. In no game is every reward one you want. At least the AD is a thing so the ones you don't want you can sell.

Why is the Aqueduct considered a Reward? I've got 7 now, I hate the "Filler" Rewards Inno puts in the GE, just Trash as far as Rewards go. Inno loves sticking things in that nobody will get on their own. They are ruining the GE.