• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A new player and I just want to be clear on this

Tharkunn

I've started several cities on different worlds. It is much like starting more then one toon in other games. Though in this game it seems to be more of a necessity as earning diamonds (according to what I gather from varies threads) is best accomplished by having multiple cites on multiple worlds. Another reason is long down times waiting to fulfill a quest to make items that take 24 hours or 8 hours to make.

Anyway I've only been playing for a few days but I've found my different cities have all found different resource nodes so have made different processing buildings. My question is if the guy on city 'A' desperately needs something that city 'B' is making is there a way to pass items to them?

I did a search and only found one thread and for what ever reason it failed to just come out and state. That no you can't do this.

Tharkunn

Sad. I like being able to have the effort on one toon pass to another of my toons.

I guess the rational behind it is an older world would have different values on different resources so people would just make a toon on that would for accessing lower priced resources and passing to a newer world. Or something along those lines. Any various ways of exploiting moving goods between worlds.

I do have one thought to put out there. I'm sure it is something that could be coded easily to mark goods as bound to account if moved from one world to another but within the same account so no one could exploit the different economies for profit. Just a way for one person to be able to quietly pass what the effort on one world garnered them to themselves on another world.

Any way thanks for the answer.

Goth Almighty

Good luck with your citites. Let me set you straight on one thing, however. You won't earn more diamonds by having more cities. Period. End of story.

Emberguard

I wouldn’t call it necessary to have a second city for diamonds. It is one way of achieving that goal and once set up can be quite effective.

If you set up recurring quests in your main city and only age up once you’ve received some diamonds from recurring quests that’ll increase your diamond income

Just An Observer

I wouldn’t call it necessary to have a second city for diamonds. It is one way of achieving that goal and once set up can be quite effective.

If you set up recurring quests in your main city and only age up once you’ve received some diamonds from recurring quests that’ll increase your diamond income

Happy Unbirthday only pays Diamonds one time for the era in which one is doing RQ is my understanding. Please let me know the trick to getting multiple Diamond rewards from RQ's.

Tharkunn

what level does a city have to be before one starts getting the necessary farming items?
Wishing wells or what not

Emberguard

Happy Unbirthday only pays Diamonds one time for the era in which one is doing RQ is my understanding. Please let me know the trick to getting multiple Diamond rewards from RQ's.
Once per age per recurring quest. So if you do all the recurring quests (not just unbirthday), get the diamonds and then age up you’ll get more diamonds then if you only do Unbirthday or skip all the recurring

eg: in HMA you’d have
spend FPs
collect coins
collect supplies
double research
2 x 24 alchemist
2 x 24 hr farm
2 x 24 alchemist + 2 x 24 hr farm
Unbirthday
Probably has a troops recurring to trigger

All those give a one time diamonds payout

Last edited:

Emberguard

what level does a city have to be before one starts getting the necessary farming items?
Wishing wells or what not
You can start in Bronze Age. You just need to be able to complete events fast enough to then get wells from daily specials.

If you want GE you’ll need Iron Age

If you Antiques Dealer you’ll want Early Middle Ages

Tharkunn

"You can start in Bronze Age. You just need to be able to complete events fast enough to then get wells from daily specials."
finishing.... fast enough are there timed events?

DevaCat

"You can start in Bronze Age. You just need to be able to complete events fast enough to then get wells from daily specials."
Events only run for x days, and out of those days the wishing well may appear as a daily special only once or twice during an entire event. You have to be fast enough to complete event quests (rush and daily) to have enough event currency to spend trying to get wells on the day (if/when) they appear. Getting a sense of how long that's going to take for multiple cities?

If you're after diamonds, faster, get your city prepared to do 4 levels of Guild Expedition and you'll have a good shot at them. Guild Battlegrounds is another avenue. The successful diamond farms you see out there have been made mostly by experienced players who know how to quickly and efficiently build just enough city to do the job, whether it's to get wells and farm, to do GE, or some combination of both.

Tharkunn

Like right now. I have a quest for "The daily challenge" that I now notice a timer on. On the top bar it shows 10:22 and counting down. To complete this last part I need do 10x eight hour production runs. While another quest earlier today had me do like 8 four hour runs. Any way long story short does this quest go poof when that 10:22 counts down even if it was a quest with multiple parts and I did the rest. Do I need get up 8 hours from now and hope I set enough runs going to do it? Or will it be waiting for me in the morning?

What about the event quests I see there is a timer on those as well. Are they going poof during the night. I have not given a thought to it up till now. I just worked on them like I do the story quests. You finish one and another shows up so there is no end. Now the daily's do say good job see you tomorrow but the event quests seem to be like the story quests. A new one pops up each time you complete one.

Have I been having partially completed quests disappear and not know it?

GaKOAK

Yes, you have probably had partially completed daily quests go poof before you finished them.

Event and Story quests will stay there until they are completed.
Daily quests are on a timer, complete them within the time allotted.
In order to do the x number of y (11 15 minute productions or whatever it is) build multiple buildings and do them all at once. Space is an issue, as are supplies and gold to create the buildings depending on your age and level. Make room in your city to have enough production buildings to complete the number of productions your quests require, blacksmiths are great for this.

Tharkunn

Ok so event quests do not go poof. Good. Until today I have always finished the 'Daily quests'. Which not all my cities get. But the one I'm working on now was a long one and do to having hit - by mistake - doing a day make last night as I logged off on multiple production buildings most of my things where out of business.
Anyway glad I got the heads up. Hate to have all the effort I've put into it so far go to waste.

Was a five stepper.
Defeat this very small army
Pay 5200 supplies <~~~ this is the one that will really hurt if I fail
contribute 12 forge points to a great building
Motivate or polish 40 buildings.
All the above done and then this one
Finish 5 8 hours productions in production buildings which I'm about to try and count how many I have in the works one more time.
wish me luck

Edit -Woot two of them completed while I was typing this post. Two more are less then two hours away and two are .... let me check just over 5 hours away with over 9 hours on the timer. So just need get up or stay up to turn them in.

edit again ... LOL checked through my other cities. Have one that needed 10, 8 hour productions... two complete and now 9 more working. Could only find 7 more so made another building and got it going then found another black smith one in progress. So I just need get up in time to turn them all in.

Last edited:

wontn23

Ok so event quests do not go poof. Good. Until today I have always finished the 'Daily quests'. Which not all my cities get. But the one I'm working on now was a long one and do to having hit - by mistake - doing a day make last night as I logged off on multiple production buildings most of my things where out of business.
Anyway glad I got the heads up. Hate to have all the effort I've put into it so far go to waste.

Was a five stepper.
Finish 5 8 hours productions in production buildings which I'm about to try and count how many I have in the works one more time.
wish me luck

Edit -Woot two of them completed while I was typing this post. Two more are less then two hours away and two are .... let me check just over 5 hours away with over 9 hours on the timer. So just need get up or stay up to turn them in.

edit again ... LOL checked through my other cities. Have one that needed 10, 8 hour productions... two complete and now 9 more working. Could only find 7 more so made another building and got it going then found another black smith one in progress. So I just need get up in time to turn them all in.

These Daily Quests are just that, they reset at the end of the time. In the Daily quests you can set the time you want the quest to start, such as 10am, or 12 or 2, whatever your playing time is. On a pc if you open up the DQ menu, in the upper right-hand corner you will see 2 cog wheels, that is how you can adjust the start time. Be aware that it may make you wait a day before the next DQ

wontn23

Was a five stepper.
wish me luck

I would hold off on anything that makes you pay anything until you complete the timed ones. That way you don't lose anything if you don't make it.