• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

I have a daily quest in which one of the five is "Activate two boosts in your tavern" what?"

Tharkunn

What the title says. I went into tavern only thing I see is options to UPGRADE items. I upgraded one for 250 diamonds. Which I'm thinking is bogus but I already invested a goodly amount in doing the five x five negotiation. So I thought I'd go for it but next daily before I invested in doing one part I'd look for this tavern thing and just not bother with the quest that day.

Sorry I got a little sidetracked on a diamond rant. But long story short. Spending the 250 diamonds failed to get me any progress on the upgrade two items in tavern quest. I see it shows a symbol for the tavern silver before it. Does this mean I have to upgrade with tavern silver. Because I ain't got the tavern silver nor any known way to get some.

If this is so I'm a little pissed at wasting a bunch of diamonds.

Edit - Ok so I went back into the Tavern thinking I must be missing something and sure enough a couple tabs up top. I activated the second tab and see activate boost. Which I did successfully do. I checked the quest and it showed one of two done. So I clicked activate another. Which cost me another 50 diamonds. But it did not succeed in moving the quest forward.

Arrrrggg! What now. I don't have the tavern silver and using diamonds does not work. Guess I just need hope a bunch of people drop by and fill me up with silver.
World Brisgard if you feel like helping a newbe out. Tharkunn on Brisgard! visit my tavern and give me silver. Send for friends invite or just invite me to be your friend.

Last edited:

CommanderCool1234

Never! Ever! use diamonds to unlock things in the tavern. You have to use tavern silver which you get from friends sitting in your tavern. You can also use tavern silver to get some cool boosts. To use the boosts click Tavern shop in the top right then click on any tavern boost.

Tharkunn

yeah but not enough silver. So follow up question. These daily quests. Seems they run for seven days. Or at least have to complete seven of them. If I fail a day does that mean I won't be able to complete the 7 days? Or will I just be on 3 of 7 again tomorrow and still have 4 days to complete. If you understand my question.

Also if you are on 'Brisgard' drop by Tharkunn's tavern and give him some silver.

Samshrpshtr

Are you in a guild? This is the sort of question that any good guid should be able to answer. Generally you will get easy questions answered quickly in a guild. The forum is better for harder questions. Not all guilds are good. Check to see how active they are. Move around until you find one that you like.

The idea of the tavern is that people on your friend list will visit it. So, you need to have active friends. You should visit their taverns, they will visit yours. Eventually you'll build up silver that you can use to expand your tavern. You can also use silver for boosts, but it is better in the beginning to use silver to expand your tavern.

The daily challenges are not always possible for a beginner. Just pass on the ones you don't want to do. It will take longer to get the grand prize, but it is not a big deal.

The game is always asking you to spend diamonds. Almost always you do NOT want to. Eventually you will learn when diamonds are good to spend, but in the beginning it is safest to just not spend them.

UP ONLINE

yeah but not enough silver. So follow up question. These daily quests. Seems they run for seven days. Or at least have to complete seven of them. If I fail a day does that mean I won't be able to complete the 7 days? Or will I just be on 3 of 7 again tomorrow and still have 4 days to complete. If you understand my question.

Also if you are on 'Brisgard' drop by Tharkunn's tavern and give him some silver.
Daily is quest's for one a day quest and check you have 80 friends that will sit in your tavern Than save up your silver and Slowly upgrade your tavern with that silver do gain even more silver when others sit in chars get enough silver to buy bluffs for your city

Tharkunn

I recommend sending out as many friend invite's as you can, some people will sit in your tavern.
This brings up a question I had. I notice when I go in the tavern to check silver or what ever that it boots every in there. Do I garner silver every time cycle, or just when people first come in. If the longer they sit the more silver I get I should just stay out till its time to panic and see if I got enough.

Tharkunn

Are you in a guild? This is the sort of question that any good guid should be able to answer. Generally you will get easy questions answered quickly in a guild. The forum is better for harder questions. Not all guilds are good. Check to see how active they are. Move around until you find one that you like.

The idea of the tavern is that people on your friend list will visit it. So, you need to have active friends. You should visit their taverns, they will visit yours. Eventually you'll build up silver that you can use to expand your tavern. You can also use silver for boosts, but it is better in the beginning to use silver to expand your tavern.

The daily challenges are not always possible for a beginner. Just pass on the ones you don't want to do. It will take longer to get the grand prize, but it is not a big deal.

The game is always asking you to spend diamonds. Almost always you do NOT want to. Eventually you will learn when diamonds are good to spend, but in the beginning it is safest to just not spend them.
Just got to the level to get tavern. Speaking in social chat is opened later. At least I notice it as the appendage to an up coming training category. But yeah still very new so have not figured out how to talk. Just started like Friday. Maybe Thursday.
First few days I was completely lost. Hec still am but I was so far out there that I made multiple cites and was thinking of them as multiple toons in all other games I played. Thought I'd be able to give things between toons. Even made a list of cities names and what resource nodes they had each found and what processing buildings they had erected so as to not duplicate my efforts.
I was even freaking out thinking people must be getting tired of this Tharkunn guy poppin' in and out of their kins, and wondered how they would tell the difference between the various mes.

CommanderCool1234

You get silver when people sit in your tavern it does not increase by the duration but it does increase with how many people are sitting in your tavern. So for example when there is one person in your tavern you get 58 tavern silver, if there are two people you get 60 and so on and so on. For this reason I recommend collecting your tavern when it is full. So if you have 10 chairs unlocked wait for 9 or 10 people to sit in your tavern then collect your tavern silver.

This brings up a question I had. I notice when I go in the tavern to check silver or what ever that it boots every in there. Do I garner silver every time cycle, or just when people first come in. If the longer they sit the more silver I get I should just stay out till its time to panic and see if I got enough.

When you go in your tavern, nothing should happen until you click the Collect button under the plate of silver. When you click the Collect button, the silver goes into your "bank" and players are cleared from the chairs.

You can collect your silver any time you want to, but the best idea is to wait until all your chairs are filled. You get more silver that way.

Mr. Pottah

A little off topic, but has it been anyone's experience, that upgrades for past event buildings become available in the auction house?

Tharkunn

Just a fellow up curiosity question. I notice when I go visiting Taverns that after I click the close button prior to visiting the next tavern my toon does not appear to leave with me. That is if the Tavern had 6 and I entered and took it to seven. When I leave it stays at seven. Do I leave a doppelganger behind in every Tavern I visit. Which would explain another of my questions. What are people doing who just sit in the Taverns all day. LOL guessing they are all just ghosts of past visitors.
So if I am clear on this silver and visitors the habit I have adopted is a good one. Before I log off I clear my tavern. If it is one seat from full and I'm going afk for a bit I clear it.

RazorbackPirate

Fun Fact, if you've got a Tavern Boost running at the time you select your Daily Challenge, the Daily Challenge won't give you any tasks involving buying Tavern Boosts or spending Tavern Silver. I just buy a 24-hour Supply boost everyday and call it done.