• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid All Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahsay

Not really doing that if it's just one click. You're just clicking a button. The effort of helping them rewards them. If you don't do it, they get less from you. Add others into it and it might hurt them. It forces them to seek out more active connections if that's important to them. You'd make it an entirely moot effort. There would be minimal reason to have players who you might not want beyond their daily effort to help you. If it's easy, what's the point? Might as well just kill the mechanic altogether.
No, we're not just clicking A button. We're also saving time. Click, Xs the number of friends.....that's 140 clicks...oh no wait I have to add a click for every 5 friends. OK...I was wrong...168 clicks. Oh wait...wrong again, how stupid...I'll have to click on their taverns...that's another 140 clicks. Well...no screw those Tavern rewards. So an aid all button would only save me 168 clicks. You're right that bit of inconvenience is just that, a bit. I'll ignore those left over guildmates and any hoodrats. Oh damn can't always ignore them...I may need clicks for a quest. Oh...solution in hand...just ignore the quest. 168 clicks it is. That's very inconsequential. I'll have to do a lot ignoring but I'll make it work.

Clicking one button is sooooo boring. The excite comes when you have to click 168x.

Then why have any time saving features at all? In fact, if you take that line of reasoning, why don't we still type code? Steve and Steve really screwed the pooch by creating icons...damn those silly bastards for making it too easy.

Baroque

How about a button that says "Play for me". First, it chooses which daily to accept. It makes all of my collections, then aids everyone makes all of the tavern visits. After that it spends my FPs in the most efficient manner possible. It collects my tavern silver and spends it wisely. It builds buildings and does the quests for me. Then it... Wait, why do I even have to login and push a button? Think I'll just watch a movie.

ahsay

How about a button that says "Play for me". First, it chooses which daily to accept. It makes all of my collections, then aids everyone makes all of the tavern visits. After that it spends my FPs in the most efficient manner possible. It collects my tavern silver and spends it wisely. It builds buildings and does the quests for me. Then it... Wait, why do I even have to login and push a button? Think I'll just watch a movie.
Because those are decisions not everyone agrees on and can be done many different ways. Duh ??? M/P is not.

We're not talking about a single button to play an entire game. We're talking about an "aid all" button, a simple "aid all" button. I suppose you'd prefer the old way of aiding where we had to visit every city. Let's not over think this.

Baroque

Because those are decisions not everyone agrees on and can be done many different ways. Duh ??? M/P is not.
Do you understand sarcasm?
We're not talking about a single button to play an entire game. We're talking about an "aid all" button, a simple "aid all" button. I suppose you'd prefer the old way of aiding where we had to visit every city. Let's not over think this.
And, sarcasm aside, I am still allowed to disagree with the idea of an aid all button. It is a slippery slope every time the game is made "easier".
Let's not be that way.

ahsay

How about a button that says "Play for me".
Do you understand sarcasm?

"Then it... Wait, why do I even have to login and push a button? Think I'll just watch a movie.

Let's not be that way. You drew first blood.

Since when did clicking 168 times become the game you'd like to play? Me thinks you might want to amp up your life with a little more excitement.

Salsuero

No, we're not just clicking A button. We're also saving time.

You would be with an Aid All button. That was my point that you quoted. And the fact that you'd be saving time is exactly my issue with it.

Then why have any time saving features at all? In fact, if you take that line of reasoning, why don't we still type code? Steve and Steve really screwed the pooch by creating icons...damn those silly bastards for making it too easy.

That's not how this game works. If it did... and you all came to play anyways... then that would be a conversation to have. If you don't wanna click... find another game. Silly discussion with silly people, honestly. Play the game. Don't ask the game to play itself.

I suppose you'd prefer the old way of aiding where we had to visit every city.

I already do that to use my Truce Tower. It benefits me to choose the age of goods I want. I could just click "aid" and take a gamble. That saves time, but rewards my lower effort with a potentially less beneficial reward. See how that works? And I don't complain about it. If you don't like it, you don't build a Truce Tower... or you just gamble by clicking the aid button. Those of us who go through the effort get better results. You don't like clicking aid on everyone... don't! But there may be consequences to doing so. It's called PLAYING THE GAME.

You drew first blood.

Are you sure about that? Why don't you read your previous post about clicking clicking clicking and then answer. For example:
Clicking one button is sooooo boring. The excite comes when you have to click 168x.

Go ahead... we'll wait.

Since when did clicking 168 times become the game you'd like to play?

It's the game I chose to play. And it's the game I still choose to play. If you don't like it, try a different one instead of insisting that the one we are playing get watered down so you can have more time for other things. If you don't have the time... then you don't have the time. And there's a cost for that. Clicking is a pitiful time sink... but it's still a time sink. This game relies on them. Are we done here?

Last edited:

ahsay

You would be with an Aid All button. That was my point that you quoted. And the fact that you'd be saving time is exactly my issue with it.

Sure why make things easier? Lot's of people seem to have the same time constraints and FoE seems to be continually working on those constraints.

That's not how this game works. If it did... and you all came to play anyways... then that would be a conversation to have. If you don't wanna click... find another game. Silly discussion with silly people, honestly. Play the game. Don't ask the game to play itself.

You love to click...click...click...but prior to that you click. Then after that you click some more.

Silly discussion it may be but you're the one engaging in it. I love silly discussions. I'm in my element making you look even sillier.

I already do that to use my Truce Tower. It benefits me to choose the age of goods I want. I could just click "aid" and take a gamble. That saves time, but rewards my lower effort with a potentially less beneficial reward. See how that works? And I don't complain about it. If you don't like it, you don't build a Truce Tower... or you just gamble by clicking the aid button. Those of us who go through the effort get better results. You don't like clicking aid on everyone... don't! But there may be consequences to doing so. It's called PLAYING THE GAME.

You don't complain? Uh...have you even read your posts. It's nothing but complaints. Who's silly now?

Are you sure about that? Why don't you read your previous post about clicking clicking clicking and then answer. For example:

Go ahead... we'll wait.
You didn't like that? I thought it was creative and very effective. Oh well, 6 of one a half dozen of the other. Who's this "we" why don't you introduce the rest of your team. Oh let me guess...Clewless, lovetowastetyme, Imakeknow sense and the leader of the "Hole in the head gang" salsuero?

It's the game I chose to play. And it's the game I still choose to play. If you don't like it, try a different one instead of insisting that the one we are playing get watered down so you can have more time for other things. If you don't have the time... then you don't have the time. And there's a cost for that. Clicking is a pitiful time sink... but it's still a time sink. This game relies on them. Are we done here?
I don't like it...where ever did you get that sillllly notion. Wanting to improve my game play and save time is hardly not "liking" FoE. You'd have to be silly to think that.

DeletedUser

Why not a big green button that does everything ? Collections , M/P , Leveling , attacking , GbG , GvG , GE , city redesign and it wipes your nose as the last step. You will save some real time there.

ahsay

Why not a big green button that does everything ? Collections , M/P , Leveling , attacking , GbG , GvG , GE , city redesign and it wipes your nose as the last step. You will save some real time there.
How's this I get the big green button and you don't have to use it. Win/win

Last edited:

ahsay

If that's what you want...go for it. Me I only want an "aid all" button. Apparently you're afraid you'll be forced to use it?

ahsay

Why not skip computer icons and you go back to using code? Seems you like to waste time and don't care to make things easier.

DeletedUser

Now I remember you , you sat on the short bus with the football helmet on but didn't play the game. You're playing a game that is designed to waste as much time as possible. Can't wait for you to get to OF and have a look at the maps and tree for that sucker lol.

ahsay

Now I remember you , you sat on the short bus with the football helmet on but didn't play the game. You're playing a game that is designed to waste as much time as possible. Can't wait for you to get to OF and have a look at the maps and tree for that sucker lol.
I've been in OF for almost 2 years. Don't wet yourself with joy or is it simply involuntary for you now?

Oh...how boring...you went with the "short bus" cliche. Was is that or "mama's basement eating hot pockets" or is that one too close to home for you? Instead of wasting your time on needless clicks, work on getting some creativity. You have less game then that kid you remember in the short bus.

Can we get some one, who doesn't rely on the cliches, and not this bench warmer from the B-team?

Agent327

Looks to me like this is starting to be a contest on how to insult eachother and still stay within forum rules.

As an idea, the "aid all" button has already been forwarded to the devs. Because of that it is questionable if it still needs to be discussed. If the current way it is discussed continues, I will lock it.

ahsay

You don't have to use the "aid all" button.

You are familiar with the concept of individual choice or have you been a victim so long; you know no other way but the mindless capitulation of a sheeple? "I have no discipline...pretty button...must use. Must click. Must use...must click...must use....."

Salsuero

it is questionable if it still needs to be discussed
If the current way it is discussed continues, I will lock it.

This isn't a suggestion or a proposal. This is just a discussion. Discussions don't need to have a need to happen. ahsay could use a talking to, though... because it's him who is dragging this discussion off of the table and onto the floor. No reason to censor the rest of the crowd when you can censor the actual offender.

ahsay

This isn't a suggestion or a proposal. This is just a discussion. Discussions don't need to have a need to happen. ahsay could use a talking to, though... because it's him who is dragging this discussion off of the table and onto the floor. No reason to censor the rest of the crowd when you can censor the actual offender.
Really now... I don't remember calling you silly? Or someone else saying that you were taking the "short bus". I'm respectful until those about me aren't.

I don't initiate I escalate. I do nothing but respond. I'm am civil until it comes time to defend myself. If you can't stand the heat remove yourself from the source of the flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.