• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"Daily" quests are out of control

Beezus

So some days the daily quest is the only thing that gets me to log in. They used to be on the shorter side, almost fun to try and complete. It seems now though they have become increasingly ridiculous. I believe the other day I had finish 55 FOUR hour productions in a 24 hour timeframe and 22 EIGHT hour on another world.

But today's takes the cake and makes it clear that these daily quests are only geared towards forcing advancement you don't want in order to necessitate future diamond purchases or something. FIVE SECTORS. Five. In one twenty-four hour period.

1605885586801.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Beorn Bear

Sometimes you get Challenging quests, and sometimes you get quests that only ask you to collect coins and/or supplies and spend Forge Points, something you already do. Skip the ones you can't do, especially if the specific chest you chose isn't that great. Some days neither chest is really worth going out of your way for. Also, advancing is a choice, it is never forced. Same with buying/spending Diamonds.

Agent327

They are challenges and not quests and as challenges they need to be challenging.

Those that you describe do not exist and you have a way of controlling the challenges you get.

Tony 85 the Generous

Sectors are only asked for if you have them already scouted.

Now with the above info in mind, what would you consider reasonable?
I also have the 5 sector challenge. IMO, 5 is a bit high. When comparing the cost of the challenge to the chance of the rewards, a 40% chance of getting one SoK fragment increases the overall cost.

Furthermore, I have only one open province with one available sector. So I am not sure about the "already been scouted" part.

Jern2017

I also have the 5 sector challenge. IMO, 5 is a bit high. When comparing the cost of the challenge to the chance of the rewards, a 40% chance of getting one SoK fragment increases the overall cost.

Furthermore, I have only one open province with one available sector. So I am not sure about the "already been scouted" part.

Daily Challenges are purely optional. If you feel like the rewards you have a chance of getting aren't worth the effort, simply skip the Challenge. You won't miss out on anything that you won't have another chance of getting.

ahsay

They are challenges and not quests and as challenges they need to be challenging.

Those that you describe do not exist and you have a way of controlling the challenges you get.
The OP posted a screen shot...so those challenges do exist. I myself have had some pretty ridiculous challenges but like others have said...I skip them.

Agent327

The OP posted a screen shot...so those challenges do exist. I myself have had some pretty ridiculous challenges but like others have said...I skip them.

Where in that screenshot do you see " finish 55 FOUR hour productions in a 24 hour timeframe " or " 22 EIGHT hour "?????

Tony 85 the Generous

That is "already been scouted". If you did not have an open sector you would not get the challenge.
There are 6 sectors in the one scouted province. 5 of them are acquired. Can I acquire them again? No. Then I guess this statement is not correct.

Where in that screenshot do you see " finish 55 FOUR hour productions in a 24 hour timeframe " or " 22 EIGHT hour "?????
I do not recall 22 8-hour productions, but I do have an 11 8-hour productions in another world with only 5 production buildings. Though I did have 83 5-minute productions. A doable grind, 5 at a time.

Daily Challenges are purely optional. If you feel like the rewards you have a chance of getting aren't worth the effort, simply skip the Challenge. You won't miss out on anything that you won't have another chance of getting.
Most are aware of this. Though kind of boring to sit around for a day to wait and hope for a better challenge tomorrow.

Agent327

There are 6 sectors in the one scouted province. 5 of them are acquired. Can I acquire them again? No. Then I guess this statement is not correct.

The province is scouted. It does not matter how many sectors are in it and how many are still open. It is SCOUTED!!!! Conquer the province, do not scout another or at least do not open the continent map and you will no longer get those challenges. The statement is correct, your understanding of it isn't.

I do not recall 22 8-hour productions, but I do have an 11 8-hour productions in another world with only 5 production buildings. Though I did have 83 5-minute productions. A doable grind, 5 at a time.

I have had 12 8-hour productions and 90 5-minute, but that is the max. Nothing like the OP suggests.

Algona

I get 22x8 hour productions in my CE and FE worllds. Never seen more then 33x4 hour ot 1 hour productions numbers greater then 33 have been 15 and 5 minute productions.

Any chance you had another Province open in addition to the current one?

Tony 85 the Generous

I have had 12 8-hour productions and 90 5-minute, but that is the max. Nothing like the OP suggests.
Just saying, my interest has been piqued. I'll have to watch.

The province is scouted. It does not matter how many sectors are in it and how many are still open. It is SCOUTED!!!! Conquer the province, do not scout another or at least do not open the continent map and you will no longer get those challenges. The statement is correct, your understanding of it isn't.
I have one province scouted. It has 6 sectors. 5 of which are acquired. I remains. Where do I get the other 4 sectors from for this challenge?

Emberguard

@Tony 85 the Generous that sounds unusual to me. Have you checked any previous age/era maps to make sure you haven’t got any other provinces scouted you’ve missed? When clicking on the boat to change continents anything red isn’t completed yet.

[assuming this is a current daily challenge] If you put a support ticket in we could have a look for you. If you truly only started with 1 sector prior to starting the challenge it may be a bug.

DeletedUser

The only challenges I ignore are the "Very hard negociations" and "Research a technology" Very hard = take all your goods and only research a technology to get to your good barracks and if the story quest asks for it. .

Jern2017

The only challenges I ignore are the "Very hard negociations" and "Research a technology" Very hard = take all your goods and only research a technology to get to your good barracks and if the story quest asks for it. .

Researching a technology is never a requirement in a Daily Challenge.

alanrainey

So some days the daily quest is the only thing that gets me to log in. They used to be on the shorter side, almost fun to try and complete. It seems now though they have become increasingly ridiculous. I believe the other day I had finish 55 FOUR hour productions in a 24 hour timeframe and 22 EIGHT hour on another world.

But today's takes the cake and makes it clear that these daily quests are only geared towards forcing advancement you don't want in order to necessitate future diamond purchases or something. FIVE SECTORS. Five. In one twenty-four hour period.

View attachment 17483
or negotation/when they know you have no diamonds.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I too like the negotiation ones for my SC, especially on the day with no GE or GBG. If you need diamonds to do negotiations you really need to work on your goods supply.

DeletedUser

I too like the negotiation ones for my SC, especially on the day with no GE or GBG. If you need diamonds to do negotiations you really need to work on your goods supply.
I am the opposite. I have no tech tree goods buildings and all come from GBs , Sp buildings or CF boosted quests. I much prefer fighting quests