• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question

nsiebold

If you're stuck in the tech tree due to a lack of the required goods, I'm sorry but that's on you, not on other players. If it was the campaign map, it could be that you're not in that age yet, but in the tech tree you have to be at least in the same or higher age as the goods required. So if you haven't made provisions for that in developing your city, then you have a playing style issue and not a bare market issue. You most likely rushed the ages and are now paying for it.
Ah, if hindsight was only 20/20...yes, I probably should've planned ahead a bit more, but I didn't. So, instead of pointing out the mistakes that I made, how about offering some advice on how I might get out of this mess that I'm in. Or would your advice be to "give up and start over" because I didn't start out playing this game the "right" way.

P.S. - My other 12 cities are doing just fine, thank you.

Vger

I posted this question in this specific forum for a reason.
Yes, my bad. I read it from the Latest Posts list and didn't notice where it was posted.

My comment still stands.

I would stop worrying about tech advance and work on building up your city. Your GB levels a very low for your age.
If your guildmates aren't taking some of your trades, try a different guild. It may take a few tries. There are lots of inactive or barely active guilds out there. But there are good ones as well.

icarusethan

I think you start this thread with a complaining tone thus led this whole discussion into the wrong direction.. but Anyway...
Uneven trade, 100OF for 50AF is even not bad since you are struggling to get some of those. level up your goods-producing GB and trade up. i don't know how the goods market works in yours but a lot of people take trade between FE goods and AF goods in mine. Build up and level Star Glazer. or you can just get into another guild to find someone whos camping in AF and do trades with you.

Johnny B. Goode

Ah, if hindsight was only 20/20...yes, I probably should've planned ahead a bit more, but I didn't. So, instead of pointing out the mistakes that I made, how about offering some advice on how I might get out of this mess that I'm in. Or would your advice be to "give up and start over" because I didn't start out playing this game the "right" way.

P.S. - My other 12 cities are doing just fine, thank you.
I don't know if you noticed, but I joined your guild in this world for a minute. Long enough to see that this particular guild would be little to no help based on their record. And I've looked at your city in this world, and I can clearly see why you're having issues.
1. All your GBs are low level. The only ones (barely) over level 10 are your Zeus, CoA and CdM. By themselves, they only give you a total of 94% att/def boost, if I'm not mistaken.
2. Of event/special buildings you don't seem to have many (if any) that give goods. And the majority of your special/event buildings are set pieces that are not complete or placed together.
3. Not that ranking points mean a whole lot, but you're only at 9 million in OF. I have a city in FE that's at 39 million points. That points to a seriously underdeveloped city. (For reference, my FE city is only ranked 23rd in my current hood. Which means that even that 39 million isn't very impressive.)
My advice on getting out of this mess you're in would be:
A) Find an active guild. A 64 member guild that has an LP of 101 in GBG, one 1st place finish in over 6 months of GE, and only at guild level 18, is not a terribly active guild.
B) Level up your GBs, prioritizing the ones that benefit your weakest areas. Arc, Chateau, and your attack GBs would greatly benefit your city and assist you in many areas of development.
C) If you're not going to get complete sets, don't bother with set pieces. They only really benefit a city if placed together and fully upgraded. Focus on event/special buildings that give FP/attack boost/goods. Ones that can be motivated eliminate the risk of plunder.
D) Bottom line is that you've dug yourself a deep hole and it isn't going to be fixed overnight. Asking specific questions in an active and helpful guild or here on the Forum will be your best avenue to help plan your way out of the mess. And try not to be defensive about the advice you get.
E) There's a learning curve for everyone. When I first started almost 6 years ago, I kept starting new cities when I realized I had screwed up. Ended up with well over a dozen cities before I figured I should start asking questions and learning from others. And I'm still learning.

Big-Bendz

There are a few ways to get AF goods. You can trade lower age to higher age (1 level) 2 old age for 1 current age. You can trade same age items 1 for 1 or 1.1 for 1. Get a Truce Tower (that GB gives you 1 good for each person you AID for X amount of times. If you have several peeps that are in your hood, or friends list, or guild that are of AF or higher age, you will get goods. You can build a goods building that you have boosted (ie. 20/day instead of 4/day). Then trade for goods you need. Just some suggestions. There are always ways to get goods but it is not easy or quick. Another example is quality buildings (make sure they are AF age) that give goods daily.