• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

DeletedUser

its quite easy to farm without building sir, that's what a lot of guilds doing on gvg map before they changed the npc tiles unit situation.

With no camps you are attacking with 100% attrition. At 100% I am good for about 100 wins per day and that is hardly farming. I can get between 5000-8000 wins per season with farming just becasue of the buildings.

icarusethan

With no camps you are attacking with 100% attrition. At 100% I am good for about 100 wins per day and that is hardly farming. I can get between 5000-8000 wins per season with farming just becasue of the buildings.
yeah, but you said "the winner" of the diamond league so I assume you saying doing this extra map on the cooldown day. Im pretty sure all the top guilds will happy to do that

DeletedUser

yeah, but you said "the winner" of the diamond league so I assume you saying doing this extra map on the cooldown day. Im pretty sure all the top guilds will happy to do that

No there are 4 diamond winners per season per world I believe. The Octagon is their next season not the cool down. They win the Octagon then they are declared the winner and then they go back into regular play. It keeps the rewards of GbG the same for the non Octagon players but the Octagon at the end trades rewards for guild prestige which was the point of GbG originally I think before it turned into a giant goat farm.

icarusethan

No there are 4 diamond winners per season per world I believe. The Octagon is their next season not the cool down. They win the Octagon then they are declared the winner and then they go back into regular play. It keeps the rewards of GbG the same for the non Octagon players but the Octagon at the end trades rewards for guild prestige which was the point of GbG originally I think before it turned into a giant goat farm.
then who's gonna spend diamonds to rush the siege camp? why would inno do this

Just An Observer

"Giant goat farm"...that cracked me up completely!

RazorbackPirate

then who's gonna spend diamonds to rush the siege camp? why would inno do this
And this is the point missed by almost all posting in this thread. Inno doesn't care how any proposed change might be better for you, they only care about how any change would be better for them.

icarusethan

And this is the point missed by almost all posting in this thread. Inno doesn't care how any proposed change might be better for you, they only care about how any change would be better for them.
i mean if they can actually do a cross-world monthly for the top 4 guilds in the diamond league and raise the reward a bit they gonna increase the diamond consumption by a lot. But do they have the balls to put some early investment into this idea? i think not.

DeletedUser

By having the non profitable seasons at the bottom and the top of the scale Inno would force guilds to do a balancing act to avoid the top as well as the bottom. That would stop the non stop farming of 3-4 guilds always at the top.

Tony 85 the Generous

so you assume players cant just tell who they are playing alongside by talking to people in other guilds?
This may be possible.

also, player points increase as he does the fighting so its quite easy to figure out which guild is on the map even you cover their names
The increase in another players points does not indicate which map they were on. First, you would have to know when they are fighting to see their count increase, but that does not indicate who they are fighting (which would lead to which map they are on).

DeletedUser

There are simple solutions to the first.
Option A. Go cross world on the guilds, similar to GE.
Option B. (not mutually exclusive with A) Do not list the guild names until GBG closes. Show the leaderboard with XXXXXX for the other guild names until GBG close.
G.

You are jumping through hoops for no reason for option B. Make your colour white and ALL other guilds the same but different colour than white , farming ended.

DeletedUser

That is an interesting idea. Then, not only do you not know who, you will have no certainty of whom you are attacking.
Though it may be possible to know once the Guilds are figured out. (As i wrote before 20 to 1 I bet there would soon be a product created somewhere to tell, . someone would sacrifice to get the info and relay it to the Guild. Annoying Inno no end.)

Yes I agree , it will make it stupid easy to spot cheating though lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony 85 the Generous

You are jumping through hoops for no reason for option B. Make your colour white and ALL other guilds the same but different colour than white , farming ended.
I already have this defeated. Only took 5 seconds of thought. given your suggestion implies the leader board lists the guilds. If you know the guilds, then you can setup an alliance thread, list what sectors you are on (similar to a 1.9 thread). Now we are back in the same situation, only without color.

To effective solve a problem, you have to get to a root. Alliance = problem. There cannot be an alliance with communication. Thus the communication between guilds needs to be prevented, or made so cumbersome to establish as to not be practical.

Going cross world in GBG will not stop comms, as each member is allowed a city on each world. So log on to one world, get the message, log into the other world and relay it. To stop the comms, you need to wprk to prevent guilds from knowing who else is on the map.

Tony 85 the Generous

To go along with all other Guilds one color, would have to have no info in ranking playing except to esee one's own Guild position. No info of any kind for other positions. (if they showed, even with name blank the # of sectors held would be a huge clue who you might be attacking.)
This idea of all otehr GUilds same color and no idea who, might actually be more fun LOL
Although I do not 100% agree with the the conclusion, the idea is in the right direction. No colors (black you, white others) and no information on the leader board except for that of your own guild.

DeletedUser

Although I do not 100% agree with the the conclusion, the idea is in the right direction. No colors (black you, white others) and no information on the leader board except for that of your own guild.

And take away the sector numbers. That would make communication really cumbersome. Try stopping at 150 when you have no sector numbers lol. You can but it would be too late especially in a race. Is that attack on the sector above yours your ally or someone else ? Slice it up however you want it that would kill farming dead.