• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

This is a great guide thanks! I just started the FE story as planned and now I'm wondering when to take the skipped CE and TE provinces on the cMap. Any information about that? thanks a lot!
I'm not sure what exactly happens if you take the CE/TE provinces. I think you end up going back to those questlines, so I'd avoid taking them.

ffblackice

I am in Arctic Future, but I need to switch different military unit(s) to lead the rogue troop according to different enemy combinations, otherwise will have big hit, also tried OF era units as leader but didn't improve much. in Future Era, I can use Hover Tank for all the fight, not sure whether there is a combination that I don't need to switch troop leader on every fight? I am trying to shorten the timing in GBG.

Thanks.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide v1.1
Changelog:
  • Finally fixed InA troop info... that was a nightmare
  • Made InA troop flow chart... once again that was a pain
  • New formatting of titles across all my guides
  • Fixed CA troops in LMA info (forgot musketeers!)
  • Other small fixes in grammar
  • Hopefully clearer explanations of some sections

Enjoy :D

Warcoss

So does this mean if I move up to FE I can get OF units? Sorry I’m still newish to the game. Done a lot of deleting and restarting

Tytan the Great

Can anyone share their experiences of using hover in PME vs CE, mainly in auto fighting GBG? I’ve heard conflicting stories. Some say CE is better as the artillery are useless. They will hit the rouge first, transforming them, then be gone. Essentially the numbers of enemy per fight got reduced, sometimes significantly. Some say the other units are stronger, especially AAV and tank, so the hover got damaged much faster.

UBERhelp1

Can anyone share their experiences of using hover in PME vs CE, mainly in auto fighting GBG? I’ve heard conflicting stories. Some say CE is better as the artillery are useless. They will hit the rouge first, transforming them, then be gone. Essentially the numbers of enemy per fight got reduced, sometimes significantly. Some say the other units are stronger, especially AAV and tank, so the hover got damaged much faster.
The biggest problem in CE are the assault tanks. They take 3 hits to die, no matter what. In the meantime, they could get close to your hovers and do damage. Also, remember that CE units have higher stats than PME units, so your hovers will do less damage against them. However, both in PME and CE, the ranged units always retaliate, so you can take damage easily from those as well.

Tytan the Great

The biggest problem in CE are the assault tanks. They take 3 hits to die, no matter what. In the meantime, they could get close to your hovers and do damage. Also, remember that CE units have higher stats than PME units, so your hovers will do less damage against them. However, both in PME and CE, the ranged units always retaliate, so you can take damage easily from those as well.
Thank you. That’s what I figure. I was hoping that the stronger CE units will be offset by the useless CE artillery. Guess I’ll camp in PME for a bit longer. My original plan was to bring my attack trio to 80 and TA to 60 before I age up to CE. I’m almost done with that, hence the itch to age up.

I'm still in Indy working the continent map. Trying to get as many sectors (as per the guide) done before I age up. As a note to others, the first abortable quest I've received was after taking Rio Roxio in TE. Prior to this, no other side quests have been triggered. The 1st quest was to produce some nano drones (TE) and produce some tools (TE) (Hidden Reward). The second, parallel quest is to M/P 77 buildings and gather 77 goods. This quest reward is the TE era Surveillance Nexus.

Last edited:

.Corsair.

I'm in Indy and on the map I'm in ME. I already got 4 Bazooka Teams from "Rin Gozen's Warriors". That' nice.
Now I try to get 3 battle tanks from sidequest "Sweet returns".
But at the moment I see the quest "Rin Gozen's Wish". It blocks one of my RQ slots.
What happens if I abort it? Will I loose "Sweet returns"?

Sandro 783

Thank you for the great guide, tremendous job done!
For “Part 4: Oceanic Future Troops, in PME”, do I have to negotiate sectors on TE map or I can fight all of them?

UBERhelp1

Thank you for the great guide, tremendous job done!
For “Part 4: Oceanic Future Troops, in PME”, do I have to negotiate sectors on TE map or I can fight all of them?
You can fight. Just make sure you skip the ones marked in the image in that part.

NickGlover314

I'm in PME and I have acquired the troops from FE and AF so far. I found a modified approach here for AF. I was able to use only 4 research techs and still got the maximum troops: 14 Recon Raider, 11 Surrogate Soldier, and 10 Battle Fortress. I used a mix of fighting and negotiating to do this.

The key factor is in reading through the story quests as documented in the Wiki, the claim was that for many of the quests that are different for fighting vs. negotiating, that only what you did on the most recent province(s) mattered, so it is possible to take a "mixed" route.

After going through the story quests on the Wiki, for avoiding the extra research tech quest, it wasn't clear for certain which quest caused this, but I strongly suspect it is the quests called "Getting Ready" which there are 3 and the latter 2 of them require to research a tech. (This is in stage 1 of AF map around when you scout Tuklavik.) My suspicion is that the difference is that if you negotiate, you skip the 3rd "Getting Ready" quest and avoid the extra tech research. And specifically, I believe you need to negotiate all the stage 1 provinces that are owned by the "Natives" to avoid the extra research.

The only provinces that it appears you *must* fight to get extra troops are:

Nilak (stage 3) -- 2 Recon Raider (quest name is "Cryptic" instead of "Origins" if you negotiate)
Nunataq (stage 4) -- 3 Surrogate Soldier (quest name is "Shallow Pockets" either way, but if you negotiate the reward is not troops)

I don't think there is a difference to account for 8 Battle Fortress for negotiating vs. 10 for fighting. In the chart for the negotiating route, the numbers still add up to 10, but the totals only list 8, so I think the negotiating total listed for Battle Fortress might be wrong here.

Someone may want to test all this more precisely, but here's what I actually did to only require 4 research techs and get the maximum troops.

Negotiated everything before Nilak
Nilak - Fought
Chulyin - Negotiated
Tattilgat, Atka, Nunataq - Fought all sectors
Others in stage 4 - fought some sectors for each province, but negotiated many sectors as well

UBERhelp1

I'm in PME and I have acquired the troops from FE and AF so far. I found a modified approach here for AF. I was able to use only 4 research techs and still got the maximum troops: 14 Recon Raider, 11 Surrogate Soldier, and 10 Battle Fortress. I used a mix of fighting and negotiating to do this.

The key factor is in reading through the story quests as documented in the Wiki, the claim was that for many of the quests that are different for fighting vs. negotiating, that only what you did on the most recent province(s) mattered, so it is possible to take a "mixed" route.

After going through the story quests on the Wiki, for avoiding the extra research tech quest, it wasn't clear for certain which quest caused this, but I strongly suspect it is the quests called "Getting Ready" which there are 3 and the latter 2 of them require to research a tech. (This is in stage 1 of AF map around when you scout Tuklavik.) My suspicion is that the difference is that if you negotiate, you skip the 3rd "Getting Ready" quest and avoid the extra tech research. And specifically, I believe you need to negotiate all the stage 1 provinces that are owned by the "Natives" to avoid the extra research.

The only provinces that it appears you *must* fight to get extra troops are:

Nilak (stage 3) -- 2 Recon Raider (quest name is "Cryptic" instead of "Origins" if you negotiate)
Nunataq (stage 4) -- 3 Surrogate Soldier (quest name is "Shallow Pockets" either way, but if you negotiate the reward is not troops)

I don't think there is a difference to account for 8 Battle Fortress for negotiating vs. 10 for fighting. In the chart for the negotiating route, the numbers still add up to 10, but the totals only list 8, so I think the negotiating total listed for Battle Fortress might be wrong here.

Someone may want to test all this more precisely, but here's what I actually did to only require 4 research techs and get the maximum troops.

Negotiated everything before Nilak
Nilak - Fought
Chulyin - Negotiated
Tattilgat, Atka, Nunataq - Fought all sectors
Others in stage 4 - fought some sectors for each province, but negotiated many sectors as well
Yes, I did have the Battle Fortress list wrong. This is really interesting, btw. I'll have to write something up about this. Thank you!

Halgar

If I have already started the CE story quest, but I make sure to not scout the appropriate sectors, is it still possible to get hover tanks in PME? I was unlocking tech like a mad man and absentmindedly unlocked the last two in PME which completed The End of This Chapter.

Now I'm wondering if I should just level up to CE, or if I can still get the hover tanks but I won't be able to skip the TE quests anymore and will have to work through those quests.

I am currently in Batif on the CE map, and my current quest is Sheik's Presents but I am still in PME.

UBERhelp1

If I have already started the CE story quest, but I make sure to not scout the appropriate sectors, is it still possible to get hover tanks in PME? I was unlocking tech like a mad man and absentmindedly unlocked the last two in PME which completed The End of This Chapter.

Now I'm wondering if I should just level up to CE, or if I can still get the hover tanks but I won't be able to skip the TE quests anymore and will have to work through those quests.

I am currently in Batif on the CE map, and my current quest is Sheik's Presents but I am still in PME.
You *should* still be able to get the hovers if you don't go much farther in the story until you reach FE.