• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Halgar

You *should* still be able to get the hovers if you don't go much farther in the story until you reach FE.

After I screwed up on advancing from PME story at the appropriate time, I decided to press forward anyway and just see what happened. I did keep doing the CE quests along the way though, not even considering that I should still try to pause the quests until I reached FE map.

By the time that I read your response, I was already on the last CE province and I was on a quest that required recruiting 5 or 6 current age troops or some previous aged troops. I didn't write down what that quest name was, so I'm not sure. But I just waited to pick up my Alcatraz until after I had made it to the future era map and took the first province.

I negotiated the first 4 provinces of CE, and then fought all the rest of the way through CE and TE except for the very last province of TE where I negotiated a bunch as my troops were tired and I was tired of spending diamonds to heal them! I had some anti aircraft troops that I picked up in CE side quest which helped a lot getting through the TE map, but the PME machine gun teams could fight through TE too. My attack was 424/195.

In TE, I got a couple side quests including the one where you get the surveillance nexus. I did not scout the 3 provinces that you show in the picture. In CE I did scout one of them when the quest asked for it. This was done prior to making it to the FE map as I hadn't read your response yet.

Once I got to FE, I negotiated the entire first Joy province.

Then I went back and completed the quest that wanted me to get troops (there were two requirements on that quest, but I had already done the other one and I don't recall what it was.. I just know that I was waiting on troops). After that quest came Dictator's Dungeon and Dictator's Dynamite. I'm not sure what quest came next. I wish I had taken notes! But it wasn't long before I got to Eye's Ahead on the FE questline!

I am currently on Desert Expedition waiting on someone to pick up my trade for water. I have some hope that I may still be getting hover tanks in PME since I' made it to the FE quests, despite my screw up. I'll update once I either get the hover tanks or get sent back to the CE questline.

Halgar

I just got Greetings from a Friend! Reward is 3 hover tanks!!

I just have to wait a few hours to have enough people to polish/motivate to complete the quest, and it looks like I'll have my hover tanks in PME. I also have 9 days left of Industrial aged opponents in GBG to use the hover tanks on. :)

Thank you so much for this guide!! Here is some hope for those who have accidentally screwed up a step, it appears that it's still possible to get the hover tanks even if you've completed the PME quest line before getting to future. In my case, I completed it when I had 1 or 2 provinces conquered in CE. Perhaps the most important part is to not scout the highlighted provinces? I'm not sure how I got lucky, but I'm glad that it worked out! :)
Hover.png

UBERhelp1

I just got Greetings from a Friend! Reward is 3 hover tanks!!

I just have to wait a few hours to have enough people to polish/motivate to complete the quest, and it looks like I'll have my hover tanks in PME. I also have 9 days left of Industrial aged opponents in GBG to use the hover tanks on. :)

Thank you so much for this guide!! Here is some hope for those who have accidentally screwed up a step, it appears that it's still possible to get the hover tanks even if you've completed the PME quest line before getting to future. In my case, I completed it when I had 1 or 2 provinces conquered in CE. Perhaps the most important part is to not scout the highlighted provinces? I'm not sure how I got lucky, but I'm glad that it worked out! :)
View attachment 18575
Woohoo! I think there's a cutoff somewhere in the story that if you go to far it won't jump to FE, but I'm not sure of the exact limit. I'm glad it worked out!

theshowpro

I have what may seem like a stupid question but I am old and my brain aint what it used to be....lol....
How do you get from the 1st Province in the FE continent map back to the CE continent when you are ready to start the PME story quests again and need to scout those skipped CE provinces?
I am currently holding at the suggested PME story stop point. I am in ME and progressing through the Tech. I am almost done with the TE continent and I have left the indicated Provinces in CE and TE unscouted.
But I am perplexed as to how I will get back to the CE continent once I take the 1st FE province on the continent map. Can someone please ease my mind as to how this will be accomplished. Thanks and I greatly appreciate this guide. I am trying to follow it precisely and I hope it works for me. :)

Halgar

I have what may seem like a stupid question but I am old and my brain aint what it used to be....lol....
How do you get from the 1st Province in the FE continent map back to the CE continent when you are ready to start the PME story quests again and need to scout those skipped CE provinces?
I am currently holding at the suggested PME story stop point. I am in ME and progressing through the Tech. I am almost done with the TE continent and I have left the indicated Provinces in CE and TE unscouted.
But I am perplexed as to how I will get back to the CE continent once I take the 1st FE province on the continent map. Can someone please ease my mind as to how this will be accomplished. Thanks and I greatly appreciate this guide. I am trying to follow it precisely and I hope it works for me. :)

There is a boat docked on the side of whatever continent that you are on, and you can click on the boat and it will show a map and let you pick whatever continent that you want to travel to. So when you get to the quest that asks you to scout the province in CE, you will be able to take the ship back to CE continent. Wait until you get the quest that requires you to scout it though. I don't know if it's important, but I only scouted, I did not click on the province to visit it after it was scouted. Maybe that doesn't matter, but I tried to follow the quests and do exactly what they said and no more.

theshowpro

Thank you Halgar....that eases my mind. I have completed the TE continent and will wait until I am closer to the PME story quest to do the FE province. I greatly appreciate the explanation. :)

Degenerator

I have to negotiate some sectors on Future Era map to get 3 extra Hover Tanks on story missions. Can I fight on sectors that are not owned by Joy Danba? Will I be able to get 3 extra hover tanks anyways or will I screw it up?

King Ste

I am afraid there’s something wrong with the instructions for getting MG teams in Industrial Era. I followed all the steps religiously but I never triggered the Che quests, so I missed all the 5 MG teams plus the two additional commandos.

As soon as I got to the PME map I negotiated a sector (not the whole province, just ONE sector as mentioned in the guide) in Cai Chet Nui and fought the rest of the province.
After that I took the province above Cai Chet Nui (Sot Dam Lai) by fighting.

I went through the story quest line but never triggered “Business with Che” and following, until the only way to move on was to take Rung Chien Dau and Day Du Ao, which I was supposed to leave alone.

UBERhelp1

I have to negotiate some sectors on Future Era map to get 3 extra Hover Tanks on story missions. Can I fight on sectors that are not owned by Joy Danba? Will I be able to get 3 extra hover tanks anyways or will I screw it up?
Yes you can fight on sectors not owned by Joy Danba. But you must negotiate her sectors, otherwise you will not get the hovers.

UBERhelp1

I am afraid there’s something wrong with the instructions for getting MG teams in Industrial Era. I followed all the steps religiously but I never triggered the Che quests, so I missed all the 5 MG teams plus the two additional commandos.

As soon as I got to the PME map I negotiated a sector (not the whole province, just ONE sector as mentioned in the guide) in Cai Chet Nui and fought the rest of the province.
After that I took the province above Cai Chet Nui (Sot Dam Lai) by fighting.

I went through the story quest line but never triggered “Business with Che” and following, until the only way to move on was to take Rung Chien Dau and Day Du Ao, which I was supposed to leave alone.
I'm sorry. It looks like I badly worded that when I wrote it. Yes, you have to negotiate only with Che.

King Ste

I'm sorry. It looks like I badly worded that when I wrote it. Yes, you have to negotiate only with Che.
I understand. Hopefully it will be clearer to other players now. I guess there’s no way for me to get those units some other way, right?
PS are MG teams much better than commandos?

Edit: could you also clarify what are the highest units attainable in PME? Future Era units or Oceanic Future units? Part 4 title says OF but the description says FE.

Thanks

Last edited:

Halgar

I understand. Hopefully it will be clearer to other players now. I guess there’s no way for me to get those units some other way, right?
PS are MG teams much better than commandos?

Edit: could you also clarify what are the highest units attainable in PME? Future Era units or Oceanic Future units? Part 4 title says OF but the description says FE.

Thanks

MG teams are much more useful than commandos in my opinion. However, even when you get them in industrial age, you can't auto battle GBG with one MG team + 7 rogues. The MG team almost always ends up getting hurt quickly. You have to go in and put him in the corner for the first move and then auto battle, which is much slower if you're in a race with another guild for a sector.

You can get arctic and oceanic troops in PME after you've skipped the CE quest blocker. However, they are pretty underwhelming compared to the hover tanks. You've got to get through a lot of map to make it to oceanic and get those troops, and then you'll find that they are not nearly as durable as the hover tank, and possibly wonder why you spent all that time and effort to get them.

I've got the arctic troops going against industrial aged GBG right now and they're awful, at least for auto battle. The hover tank in GBG has been awesome, although it does still take hits from time to time even against industrial aged troops (mostly against the howitzer, which can hit through their stealth). I'm fighting the arctic map with hover tank and 7 rogues and just putting the hover tank in the corner for the first move and then auto battle the rest. When I try to use arctic troops instead of hover tanks, I get way more losses.

I'm pressing ahead on the map to try to get oceanic troops before GBG flips just to see how effective they are, but I don't have much hope there. I've never tried oceanic vs industrial, but I imagine that I'll find the same underwhelming story. They are pretty much worthless in my future era world, and I'm still using hover tanks there to fight on the space age mars map.

My current plan is to use the oceanic troops in my defending army as a gimmick, but also possibly because people may retreat when they see them if they just have PME troops. :)

The hover tanks are golden though.

Last edited:

King Ste

MG teams are much more useful than commandos in my opinion. However, even when you get them in industrial age, you can't auto battle GBG with one MG team + 7 rogues. The MG team almost always ends up getting hurt quickly. You have to go in and put him in the corner for the first move and then auto battle, which is much slower if you're in a race with another guild for a sector.

You can get arctic and oceanic troops in PME after you've skipped the CE quest blocker. However, they are pretty underwhelming compared to the hover tanks. You've got to get through a lot of map to make it to oceanic and get those troops, and then you'll find that they are not nearly as durable as the hover tank, and possibly wonder why you spent all that time and effort to get them.

I've got the arctic troops going against industrial aged GBG right now and they're awful, at least for auto battle. The hover tank in GBG has been awesome, although it does still take hits from time to time even against industrial aged troops (mostly against the howitzer, which can hit through their stealth). I'm fighting the arctic map with hover tank and 7 rogues and just putting the hover tank in the corner for the first move and then auto battle the rest. When I try to use arctic troops instead of hover tanks, I get way more losses.

I'm pressing ahead on the map to try to get oceanic troops before GBG flips just to see how effective they are, but I don't have much hope there. I've never tried oceanic vs industrial, but I imagine that I'll find the same underwhelming story. They are pretty much worthless in my future era world, and I'm still using hover tanks there to fight on the space age mars map.

My current plan is to use the oceanic troops in my defending army as a gimmick, but also possibly because people may retreat when they see them if they just have PME troops. :)

The hover tanks are golden though.
Got it, thanks a lot. My goal is now to get those 4 hover tanks I guess. Can I start following your part 4 guide for that, while still in Industrial Age? I will be tech blocked for quite a long time, until I reach the end of PME technology tree, so I’d like to save time and start working on the continent map. This time I don’t wanna make any mistakes though.
For the whole CE and TE maps nothing is specified other than skipping some sectors, does that mean that I can fight all of them except the non scouted ones?

Last edited:

Halgar

Got it, thanks a lot. My goal is now to get those 4 hover tanks I guess. Can I start following your part 4 guide for that, while still in Industrial Age? I will be tech blocked for quite a long time, until I reach the end of PME technology tree, so I’d like to save time and start working on the continent map. This time I don’t wanna make any mistakes though.
For the whole CE and TE maps nothing is specified other than skipping some sectors, does that mean that I can fight all of them except the non scouted ones?

It's UBERhelp1's guide, so you should probably wait for his response. I fought most of CE and TE map, but I was already in PME when I did it. I'm not sure if it's ok to fight them from industrial age.

I'm just another player who followed this great guide to get the higher aged troops in PME (and also used it for the MG teams when I was in industrial age). I messed up a little but still lucked my way into the hover tanks. To hammer home the point about the oceanic troops, I did press forward on the map (using diamonds to unlock all 40 provinces in arctic as quickly as possible).

I just did a test in GBG with sub cruisers from oceanic age vs hover tanks from future age. Mind you, I'm still fighting industrial aged troops in GBG.

My combat boost was at 430%/195%. I set up one troop + 7 rogues and just hit auto-battle until they died. I did swap out the rogues as they got tired, but left the main troop in. I was fighting a sector that had 3 siege camps, so attrition didn't go up very quickly.

sub cruiser - 4 damage taken in the VERY FIRST FIGHT (at zero attrition). Dead in 4 fights with 1 attrition.
hover tank - took 22 fights to even get 1 damage, and 37 fights to get 4 damage. Died on the 55th fight with 15 attrition.

It's just no contest. The hover tank is what you want to use for quick auto-battles. The oceanic and arctic may have their uses, but you'll be fighting by hand most likely. Last night I used the hover tank to auto-battle to about 75 attrition, then had to do it by hand to get to 81. Stopped then as I was losing several rogues per fight by that point and I don't have many rogues to spare.

So my advice is to get the hover tanks as quickly as you possibly can, and then take your time working through arctic and oceanic, as it's not worth rushing to get those troops.

UBERhelp1

Yup. You can go on the maps in advance (though stop after the first FE province, since that could make the questline jump further). I did that, actually. Got to the FE map while in InA, and then moved to PME. The fighting can get annoying with PME units (and I missed the artillery), so be prepared for that.

King Ste

Yup. You can go on the maps in advance (though stop after the first FE province, since that could make the questline jump further). I did that, actually. Got to the FE map while in InA, and then moved to PME. The fighting can get annoying with PME units (and I missed the artillery), so be prepared for that.
Thanks Uber. I actually just fought the first CE sector with PME units and I got destroyed. I usually have no problems fighting against units 1-2 eras above mine. What’s the difference now? Even rogues only do 4 damage...

UBERhelp1

Thanks Uber. I actually just fought the first CE sector with PME units and I got destroyed. I usually have no problems fighting against units 1-2 eras above mine. What’s the difference now? Even rogues only do 4 damage...
The assault tanks can take a maximum of 4 damage due to their reactive armor ability. Try to take them out one at a time, or use MG teams so that their HP gets whittled down over time via retaliation damage.

King Ste

The assault tanks can take a maximum of 4 damage due to their reactive armor ability. Try to take them out one at a time, or use MG teams so that their HP gets whittled down over time via retaliation damage.
I wish I had those, but I negotiated only one sector instead of a whole province, so no MG teams for me. I don’t how how I’m going to make it through CE and TE; it’s going to be a massacre.