• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FOE has gotten worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny B. Goode

That set the tone for a subsequent feeding frenzy.
No, the OP set the tone for the "feeding frenzy".
If players think his comments are silly or irrational,
That only works if he is repeating irrational comments of others without examining them for veracity. You can't really explain why comments are irrational to someone who came up with them on his/her own.

Emberguard

I'd like to point out that the pace of special events has increased dramatically since FOE began
Looking up events it looks like this is how many events we've had each year:
2012: 2 Events
2013: 7 Events
2014: 6 Events
2015: 6 Events + 1 Historical Questlines
2016: 8 Events + 7 Historical Questlines
2017: 8 Events + 8 Historical Questlines
2018: 8 Events + 5 Historical Questlines
2019: 9 Events
2020: 9 Events
2021: Total amount to be determined

They've also added a Great Building that gives you a chance at getting diamonds from aidin
Speaking of Great Buildings, you can now get Wishing Wells from a Great Building :D You'd want to hyper level it if you're after Wishing Wells sure, but you can get it.

wolfhoundtoo

True but the rest of his post is critical to how it should be read (the context clearly shows that it was the amount of time spent on the game that was being critiqued not the player's skill)........the part where he pointed out that the people moving ahead might be spending more time on the game.

DevaCat

to a lot of folks here, if you say their city design is not ideal or their progress is slow, that's personal insult
I used to offer advice to others in the game based on what I’d learned here. I soon stopped doing that as I realized unsolicited advice was unwanted advice, regardless of whether it was good or bad advice. Most frustrating was the player who would ask for advice, get it, then continue along his boneheaded path doing what he intended to do all along.

It really sucks because while I don’t claim to be an expert I’ve stolen some great ideas that would/could improve someone’s game, if only they would not misinterpret my intent and reject my suggestions out of hand.

The op is under the mistaken belief that a ftp player can advance his game at the rate a player willing to spend real money can. That’s simply not true, in this or any other online game. They pay the light bills. This game is actually pretty friendly to us poor folk - we can progress quite a ways compared to other games. Yes, it can be frustrating at times when a doofus passes you by in rank points. Is that enough to sour the game for you?

You know, this situation is like a show you dislike coming up on tv, no one is forcing you to watch it, switch the channel. Here no one is forcing you to spend the money, don't spend it! Even if your neighbors are spending and passing you up, at least you can say you went the extra mile and have accomplished everything you accomplished for free. Besides, Inno would probably like to capitalize a little bit on their work, they could be charging you to play. Diamonds are surprisingly easy to come by, maybe not in large quantities, but there are multiple ways to get them for free. Also, the moderators are not attacking your personal status, you came complaining, they responded by making some valid points. Next time you make a forum post, use a question format, you will probably get a different tone of response.

Super Catanian

1619533551100.png

As a veteran of this game (played for about three years before I stopped playing), the problem isn't with the game (most of the time anyways), it's often the player. During my time playing, I've never felt that P2W players had an unfair advantage.over me. They paid money, I didn't. The game offered me many chances of earning Diamonds, and guess what? I took advantage of that. If I was desperate (for instance, nearly running out of time for a Cultural Settlement), I'd spend Diamonds.

The reason I stopped playing wasn't because of a flaw in the game, but rather, burnout from my part. FoE was no longer appealing to me, and I gradually played less and less. But that wasn't because the game was unfair to F2P players, but as stated, I simply wasn't interested anymore.

Take this rant with a grain of salt, but know that this game has always been F2P friendly and will most likely always be.

The Lady Redneck

I found the game when it was still in its Beta Stage. It has recently celebrated its 9th birthday. So although there is stuff I can grumble about, INNO must be doing something right to still be holding my attention. Part of the enjoyment is finding ways around the stuff that does irk me. Up until about 2 years ago I never bought any diamonds. But now I do buy a few from time to time. I keep them for buying expansions or maybe that last to get BP for a GB I want. And on a couple of occasions have used them to heal an advanced age troop that I was dumb enough to put in harms way. I would NEVER dream of using them to buy the latest pretty building, even if it is one I want. After all It will eventually come onto the AD and I can buy it with the free currency the game provides for such things.

But the main thing that holds me is that the game is continually evolving. And I have to change the way I play it in order to keep up with it. If I insisted in trying to play it like it was even 2 years ago (let alone 9) I would fail. It cannot be done and if you refuse to grow with the game you would be as well to find another game which is static. A comparison was made between KFC and McDonalds. I prefer to make the comparison between a car I bought 9 years ago and one I would buy today. OK they might both be a Chevy but they are just not the same machine.

PS. Buying your way through the game with an endless supply of diamonds does not equate with success. I know some who do spend a lot on the game who also KNOW the game and they do succeed and deserve to do so. They help a lot of other players get the most out of their game also. I also know some who think throwing cash at the game is all that is needed. They buy a high end established city to short cut their rise to stardom. Then throw cash at it expecting to become the top player in their chosen world. But they are still as thick as two short planks as far as real game play is concerned so still flounder. Then of course it is INNO to blame.

Last edited:

Sheriff Of Rottingham

to a lot of folks here, if you say their city design is not ideal or their progress is slow, that's personal insult
If people want to have 4 times more roads than they need, more power to them. When I see guildmates with inefficient cities I offer to give them pointers, but aside from that, people are welcome to waste as much space as they like as far as I'm concerned.

Now regarding the OP complaint...why do you want the developers to work for free and not make money?

It.s a shame that money has ruined another game. FOE has become more pathetic with their constant tweaks. When will they STOP. They control the markets, blueprint and fragmentation's and so much more. Thanks FOE

I can not agree. Everything changes, evolves, grows and matures. If FoE had not changed it would have survived perhaps one or two years, then it would be criticised for being passe, old hat, old fashioned.

Of course not every change, development, evolution will be to every player's liking. But that's inevitable and unavoidable. I say fair play to Inno for producing a computer product which has not only survived 9 years but which continues to thrive.

PS
Please don't critise my inefficient cities, I like them and create them for me.

CDmark

I have been playing this game for a long long time. It use to be fun with friends and family until FOE started tweaking this game for the money. The ones that pay move ahead twice as fast and gain the most advantage. It has become more aggressive and more costly to play. I have seen friends and family leave this game because of that. It.s a shame that money has ruined another game. FOE has become more pathetic with their constant tweaks. When will they STOP. They control the markets, blueprint and fragmentation's and so much more. Thanks FOE
Read everything came back to opening comment.
I would say pay for play players dont know how to play the game utilizing all the tools the game gives them to play for free, so they pay to get some advantage. But maybe they dont care and want to spend their money and get something more. I dont think they can ever compare to a player that understands how to play the game.
Back when the Tholos and ships came out, event buildings were 0.25 or 0.33 FP per tile. An extra one would cost you in the area of 8000 diamonds. Now these event buildings cost double but you get double they are all 0.50 FP tile or more. Now the game went from 1.9 threads and talking with guildmates a lot to
settlements, antique dealer, GBG, more complex events, diverse daily challenges, there is more I know I am missing a few.....the game is much more interactive. good or bad, I say good for me but others may not like it.
I give folks very simple advice for the game, get fully leveled event buildings and maximize your FP/tile (pre GBG advice) bcs FPs are like a rolling investment, keep adding to GBs and then when they hit the right level (SC,HC L58, Arc L80 etc - examples) then work another GB and the game gets easier or maybe you get more opportunities to do more. Have a plan and stick to it. Now advice for GBg times is a bit different, attack % is very important if you play GBG, it gets a bit more complex. Get yourself L64 capable in GE, important too.
But, if you want to play casual by all means do so, it is your game, play how you like. If people want to pay for diamonds to make things easier, sure, sounds great. If people want to play for free because it is a challenge, super. I think the developers creating many new options is great and it is most likely needed to compete in the business world so I dont see it as a negative.

Read everything came back to opening comment.
I would say pay for play players dont know how to play the game utilizing all the tools the game gives them to play for free, so they pay to get some advantage. But maybe they dont care and want to spend their money and get something more. I dont think they can ever compare to a player that understands how to play the game.
Back when the Tholos and ships came out, event buildings were 0.25 or 0.33 FP per tile. An extra one would cost you in the area of 8000 diamonds. Now these event buildings cost double but you get double they are all 0.50 FP tile or more. Now the game went from 1.9 threads and talking with guildmates a lot to
settlements, antique dealer, GBG, more complex events, diverse daily challenges, there is more I know I am missing a few.....the game is much more interactive. good or bad, I say good for me but others may not like it.
I give folks very simple advice for the game, get fully leveled event buildings and maximize your FP/tile (pre GBG advice) bcs FPs are like a rolling investment, keep adding to GBs and then when they hit the right level (SC,HC L58, Arc L80 etc - examples) then work another GB and the game gets easier or maybe you get more opportunities to do more. Have a plan and stick to it. Now advice for GBg times is a bit different, attack % is very important if you play GBG, it gets a bit more complex. Get yourself L64 capable in GE, important too.
But, if you want to play casual by all means do so, it is your game, play how you like. If people want to pay for diamonds to make things easier, sure, sounds great. If people want to play for free because it is a challenge, super. I think the developers creating many new options is great and it is most likely needed to compete in the business world so I dont see it as a negative.

I spend money on the game. I understand it and play it better than you ever will. Players like me is why this game is still here for you to play. Inno is not a charity they host this game for a profit and I and the other players that spend money give it to them.

qaccy

Yeah I've always wondered why there only seems to be two types of players as far as some people are concerned: 'smart' players who excel without buying/using diamonds, and 'dumb' players who buy/use a lot of diamonds but don't play the game very well. What about the other sides to those coins? The 'dumb' players who don't buy/use diamonds, and the 'smart' ones that do? These two groups never seem to be brought up in these discussions.

I spend money on the game. I understand it and play it better than you ever will. Players like me is why this game is still here for you to play. Inno is not a charity they host this game for a profit and I and the other players that spend money give it to them.
I agree with you on one thing, Inno is still around because people like you spend money on the game. I personally do not, but that does not mean my expertise on the game will be lesser because of the fact that I am taking advantage of the free factors of the game. I do not claim to be an expert, but I am sure there are people that fall in the category of non-spenders that are experts on the game. All spending the extra money for more diamonds does is speed up city growth. You can be an idiot in SAV if you have deep pockets (please note, I am NOT directing this comment towards you, I am just saying spending does not grow your personal knowledge necessarily).

Status
Not open for further replies.