• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which do you like? GvG or GbG?

Which do you like more?

• What's GbG?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

• I'm on mobile

• I don't have a guild

• GBG only for rewards

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oswyn the noble

iam not inclined to participate much in neither. although only main world do i participate in the gbg. why iam not a fan because gbg does not increase my rank only ge does.plus every victory gives great rewards...not so much in gbg. iam spoiled.

CaptainKirk1234

iam not inclined to participate much in neither. although only main world do i participate in the gbg. why iam not a fan because gbg does not increase my rank only ge does.plus every victory gives great rewards...not so much in gbg. iam spoiled.
Option F: I don't do either one.
I think you guys should really consider doing GBG, it gives about 10fp every 3 or so attacks, 30 attacks and you could have 100fp if you are lucky.

Johnny B. Goode

Both GE and GBG affect your rank, because in both you are either fighting or using goods to negotiate. Battle points and goods used (except in trading) both are part of the ranking points formula.

Pickleweasel

I think you guys should really consider doing GBG, it gives about 10fp every 3 or so attacks, 30 attacks and you could have 100fp if you are lucky.

I'm sure that's a nice reward for many people. I am not too concerned about using up my rarest resource (troops; which also are not boosted very much because I don't like fighting) in exchange for something I don't concern myself too heavily with (forge points; I get about five hundred a day on my main world when averaging in the GE for the week, and that's enough for me at present).

attention, you are talking to casual guys who think they are active :)

I guess active is all relative, but I don't like the fighting aspect of the game. I am glad enough people like the fighting aspect to keep that component of the game useful to them. Being in a guild of just myself, I don't find the need to do either of these parts of the game.

Daniel The 4ger

I currently do GBG more than GVG, as I get more rewards, but GVG is better. It’s very satisfying to take over a map quickly.

Flavius Belisarius

In Tuulech GVG is still popular with the Veteran Players because of the War with the Two Whale Guilds and their insolence.

Attachments

• gvgmaster.png
    gvgmaster.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 3

Oswyn the noble

Both GE and GBG affect your rank, because in both you are either fighting or using goods to negotiate. Battle points and goods used (except in trading) both are part of the ranking points formula.
i was told by someone last year the opposite... Interesting development. I will continue to do both ge and gbg in O

Johnny B. Goode

i was told by someone last year the opposite... Interesting development. I will continue to do both ge and gbg in O
Whoever told you that did not know what they were talking about. Here is a link to the Forum post explaining the current ranking points formula, which was last changed in 2016.
Notice that under Battle Points, they make it clear that points from all the battles you fight count in the rankings. (Of course, if you lose a fight the points are zero.)

Emberguard

Whoever told you that did not know what they were talking about. Here is a link to the Forum post explaining the current ranking points formula, which was last changed in 2016.
Notice that under Battle Points, they make it clear that points from all the battles you fight count in the rankings. (Of course, if you lose a fight the points are zero.)
And the corresponding Wiki Page (which would have more upto date values): https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Player's_Ranking