• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge points on other's GBs

Brrddee1

This is probably a well asked question/rant. I know most believe that you shouldn't donate FP to others GBs unless it is in a 1.9 thread and all that... BUT my question is why then is it allowed by Inno? I am not a one point sniper, I place a great amount (most of the time over the amount of FPs I would get in return) I thought I was helping someone out by bouncing someone down who placed 1 fp on another's building and received a nasty message stating "stay off my GBs" What is up with this?

Johnny B. Goode

Ignore that person. Some people feel that they should be able to control who donates to their GBs. They're wrong. GBs are open to donations by any friend, neighbor or guild mate. If I got a message like that, I would put 1 FP on every one of that person's GBs and snipe them at every opportunity. They are delusional if they think they can dictate how others play.

Incidentally, "most" don't believe that about GBs and 1.9 threads. It is a symptom of what I call the Arc virus and the resulting hyper leveling craze.

My rule of thumb is to stay off of my guildmates' GBs (outside of swap threads) and friends' GBs, but I snipe the crap outta neighbors.
I generally don't snipe guildmates either, but neighbors? different story. I don't understand why some people get so mad about sniping, don't over-pad your GB and you won't have people like me making huge profits off of your GB.

wolfhoundtoo

There is a chance that the person that messaged you was trying to give a blueprint to someone who had 5th for example (it might not be that 1.9 was the issue at all). I do that sometimes but then I make sure they don't put the 1 until i'm ready to level if that's the case (or i disconnect it).

I'm not entirely sure why they bothered with a message if you are a hoodie though. Friends i might let them grab low level spots but when I'm giving it to someone specific I'll ask the friends that haunt my GBs to lay off. they don't have to.........but if they don't they aren't friends anymore.

JELLOFELLOW

I was told by guild leaders that if I added more forge points to a player's GB than asked for in a swap thread, I would be dismissed. I didn't know that giving away free FPs would make players angry. I add more to get the blue prints. Don't we get to look out for #1 first??? Isn't this wrong to stop a player from moving up the ladder???

JELLOFELLOW

I was told by guild leaders that if I added more forge points to a player's GB than asked for in a swap thread, I would be dismissed. I didn't know that giving away free FPs would make players angry. I add more to get the blue prints. Don't we get to look out for #1 first??? Isn't this wrong to stop a player from moving up the ladder???
Oh! and I am a small fry in a guild of very large players, should I find a smaller guild?

Lord Pest

giving away more fp than asked for in a swap thread is cheating and a big no no. You are giving yourself a better chance to lock up a reward spot by doping that… and that won’t go over well in any guild.

Lord Pest

Oh! and I am a small fry in a guild of very large players, should I find a smaller guild?

it depends… are the players helpful? Do they basically give you advanced age goods to build advanced age GBs? Do they answer your questions? Pick up your trade? Being in a good guild where the players ahead of you are very helpful in helping you grow is the best kind of guild to be in.

If they are helpful, I would stay. I had only Oracle of Delphi when I joined the guild I am in (It is diamond league), within a week and a half had Arc, along with LoA, SoZ, and several full sets of blueprints one of which is HC. I used to be in a smaller guild that was active, but growth was slow. The new guild has been great. If you can squeeze your way into a large guild with great leaders and people with any goods you need, I would definitely stay put, it helps growth tremendously.

wolfhoundtoo

The problem is that people will see that you are jumping a position that someone else in the guild already had which could create more drama than anyone cares to deal with on a regular basis.

If you are in need of a specific blueprint maybe try asking? A lot of times players will let you have that 5th spot if they know you are looking. Otherwise like the players above said what are you getting out of the guild? If you are getting help then you should likely you'll want to stay.

DevaCat

Regarding Jello’s question - it really depends on whether you jumped another guild mates position or not. Adding more than the swap amount is simply improving one’s position and may be encouraged, tolerated, or forbidden depending on the guild. You might do it to lock in your spot for example. But if in improving your position you jump over a position already established by a guild mate you have in essence sniped them, and that’s generally not acceptable.

The great thing about this game is how so much etiquette has been created by the players! Things like fair-trade rules and FP swap threads are ideas that were originated by players in the early days of FOE and are now common things that the game has been updated to make easier for players to participate in.
(We couldn't always simply post attachments for GBs or trade offers in the messages. For old swaps, you would open the message, see who typed in the last GB, exit the messages and go visit the GB, donate your points, close the GB menu and return to the message center to type in the GB you would like the next person to put points on. Now it's super easy and convenient. You would have to manually type in trades, and then rather than simply clicking and accepting in the message, you would leave the message center, open the market menu, find the trade, and THEN accept it. Anyhow, I digress about the old days...)

Many of the "rules" are created agreed upon by players among themselves, so that's why you won't see Inno enforcing them; there is no wrong way to play the game. I have 2 world I currently play in actively, WALSTRAND & GREIFENTAL. If you're in either, send me a friend request and feel free to join my guild as well if you're looking for one. And in Walstrand, I have a Zeus and a Temple of Relics which are 100% open for wanton Forge Point dumping!

Most guilds are very strict in this regard. Sticking to the exact amount of points is the only fair way to participate in a swap thread, unless permissions are given otherwise.
Additionally, adding extra points to a building that a player could potentially "double dip" from could force a building to level up before they want it to, causing them to miss out on the extra reward.
Personally, I've been playing FOREVER and realize that these things happen and am not going to make a big deal about it, but it is good to know GB etiquette if you want other players to keep associating with you.
If you are in WALSTRAND or GREIFENTAL, send me a friend request. I'm incredibly helpful to friends and guildmates, but I strike terror into non-friend neighbors! ;)

JELLOFELLOW

You keep talking about cities in other worlds???...If I figure out how to get to another world...won't any diamonds be spread out over all worlds???

Johnny B. Goode

You keep talking about cities in other worlds???...If I figure out how to get to another world...won't any diamonds be spread out over all worlds???
You can access other worlds through settings on either PC or mobile. And your Diamonds will be available on all worlds you play on, you just can't spend the same Diamond twice. ;)