• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Tony 85 the Generous

go back to high school league then, why you wanna be in college league and complain you cant win?
It isn't your choice to move up or back. Inno's design moves guilds up and back. Inno's win-and-be-advanced methodology or format automatically moves guilds up whether or not they are ready, whether or not they can compete, whether or not they will get pinned in and have to twiddle their thumbs for 11 days waiting for the season to end.

Tony 85 the Generous

I always thought that there should be a League above Diamond, with the SCs costing maybe 10-30 K apiece, but for the smaller or weaker guilds SC cost would remain low. In any case, it should be set up as a real competition.
How would the guilds be selected to be in diamond? Diamond league already has "two leagues" and it doesn't work. If diamond changed from 901-999LP and Titanium league was 1000LP how does that change or effect which guilds are in which league? (answer: it doesn't). Make 20 leagues, it will still have no effect if the guilds are divided into leagues based on the LP system that exists.
Which league a guild is in is the result of the LP system. Which guilds are on the map together are the result of the league they are in. The problem lies in that winning is the only factor to award LP and leagues are based on the total LP of a guild. Nothing more. Nothing less. Winning does not mean ready to advance (compete) at the next level. But since the guild won and has enough LP, they are advanced solely based on that one criteria. Thererin lies the problem.

icarusethan

It isn't your choice to move up or back. Inno's design moves guilds up and back. Inno's win-and-be-advanced methodology or format automatically moves guilds up whether or not they are ready, whether or not they can compete, whether or not they will get pinned in and have to twiddle their thumbs for 11 days waiting for the season to end.
then get better

Ebeondi Asi

There are old Guilds that were once greater than they are today. People quit. people move on, start their own Guild, or groups splinter off and start new Guilds. All Guilds add new younger players as other players leave. So it is all very fluid. So in a way top Guilds just pretty much do not get a whole lot better. they more or less stay the same. and newer players move up. Even though individual players everywhere do constantly get better.
It is true the best Guilds keep most players a longtime. But even those now and then have breakups. And lose position and other Guilds gain supremacy.

The Lady Redneck

A lot of the top guilds got to the top through YEARS of effort by all their players. It was (and still is) a team effort that built friendships and loyalty. They fought, they trained, they learned the tactics, and they spent the cash. They took the time and patience to teach new members. They now have the resources and expertise in all aspects of the game to be able to hold that position. They DESERVE to be there. Also when there are splits in those guilds, the members who leave take that expertise with them and can use it to create and grow a new guild that they will take to the top. They have the knowledge and can adapt with the game in order to do so. They continue to put in the effort so they deserve the rewards.... and yes.... the bragging rights that go with that effort, if they so choose. But so many of the new players starting new guilds look at this and say "OK we want some of that". but they want INNO to spoon feed them and hand them the top spots on a plate. They want it all and they want short cut to get it.

You can blame design flaws or programming errors all you want.or the unfair advantage (as you might see it) that top guilds have. for lack of ability to win. But the top guilds are also having to deal with those design flaws and at the same time battle with other top guilds. Basically it is all part of the game and always has been. All is fair in Love, War and FoE. If you want to get there. Start a guild, form the friendships and build the loyalties. Learn the game and take it on........................... Or sit in the forums and cry

Last edited:
Winning in GbG is not about being "good" or being the best guild. It's all about numbers and who has the most members to fight the battles. A guild of 30 members just can't compete in diamond against guilds with 60 plus members, no matter how good they are. I love battlegrounds, as do most of the members of my guild and it is frustrating when 2 larger guilds work together to freeze us out.
I think GbG was a great idea. I just think guild size should be a factor in the match-ups. Only when they are of similar size will skill and ability become a determining factor

DreadfulCadillac

Having more good members certainly helps, but many guilds with under 60 members are in the top ten, which usually means they are active in GBG. Half of the top ten guilds on my server have less then 60 members.
Winning in GbG is not about being "good" or being the best guild. It's all about numbers and who has the most members to fight the battles. A guild of 30 members just can't compete in diamond against guilds with 60 plus members, no matter how good they are. I love battlegrounds, as do most of the members of my guild and it is frustrating when 2 larger guilds work together to freeze us out.
I think GbG was a great idea. I just think guild size should be a factor in the match-ups. Only when they are of similar size will skill and ability become a determining factor

A lot of the top guilds got to the top through YEARS of effort by all their players. It was (and still is) a team effort that built friendships and loyalty. They fought, they trained, they learned the tactics, and they spent the cash. They took the time and patience to teach new members. They now have the resources and expertise in all aspects of the game to be able to hold that position. They DESERVE to be there. Also when there are splits in those guilds, the members who leave take that expertise with them and can use it to create and grow a new guild that they will take to the top. They have the knowledge and can adapt with the game in order to do so. They continue to put in the effort so they deserve the rewards.... and yes.... the bragging rights that go with that effort, if they so choose. But so many of the new players starting new guilds look at this and say "OK we want some of that". but they want INNO to spoon feed them and hand them the top spots on a plate. They want it all and they want short cut to get it.

You can blame design flaws or programming errors all you want.or the unfair advantage (as you might see it) that top guilds have. for lack of ability to win. But the top guilds are also having to deal with those design flaws and at the same time battle with other top guilds. Basically it is all part of the game and always has been. All is fair in Love, War and FoE. If you want to get there. Start a guild, form the friendships and build the loyalties. Learn the game and take it on........................... Or sit in the forums and cry

What about those of us that are in the top guilds and wanted something with a hint of challenge to it? I don’t want spoon fed anything from Inno Games, I’d just like a true competitive experience where I need a sword versus a tractor. Maybe give us a reason to build Palaces? Maybe give guilds more incentive to win than to produce unproductive fights and negotiations for 11 days? Maybe put the individual rewards into the chests? Maybe create a leveling system that has more than 1 factor to it to keep scrub guilds off diamond? Maybe do anything that would actually encourage a battleground?

Not Visi

Will GBG ever be fair again? Will inno put an end to the big greedy fp farming guilds? GBG is supposed to be a game of war I thought?

Ebeondi Asi

War is winning. there are losers. you happen to be on the losing side. it is war through and through. You lost in the first three minutes of the start of the GbG season. many good Guilds can come back form a poor start, they discuss terms, agreements make deals. even for third and fourth place.. deals, , all part of war. If your Guild leader cannot manage that side, then they lost that side of the battles too.
The winners win, the losers lose.That is how war works. there is no Kumbaya song singing and sharing in war.(aside from the winners divving up the loot) LOL

Not Visi

What world do u play in? Winning fps isn't winning a war lol. I recently quit the most dominant GBG guild there is in all of foe because GBG has become such a joke in Xyr.

Not Visi

Spoiled and war sure are correct terms sir. Wasn't really dumb @ all, it's kinda nice to not hear all the drama lol. I guess I'll have to wait for some leaders with real opinions to respond. Thx anyways though guys