• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Please rework the calculation for ranking

Algona

Please tell me that's not laughable. ^

I don't know that laughable is quite the right word?

I found it funny two ways. I suspect you won't get either of the jokes.

You would have had to follow MK politics for a few years to appreciate the first joke. A refurbished CK and relative new comer EM being where they are. The old guard of top Guilds has had some brutal times over the last year on MK.

Maybe more interesting then laughable? Wonderful demonstrations of the abilities of a few players moving around effecting Guild power balance.

The other joke involves that Guild in the second slot. Yours.

Can it be any more funny that your Guild has fought up to contending for the title and you are not satisfied? That you want to throw away the work your Guild has done to change to a system that is ridiculously easy to game?

And worst of all still wouldn't put your Guild in the top slot?

Is it just you or do your Guildies share your belief you don't think you can take that last step?

You choose the word laughable. Not laughable, just kinda sad.

Johnny B. Goode

Did this game start out as a PC based game, you mobilers are just an add on ?
It did start out as a browser (PC) game in 2012. GvG wasn't added until February of 2014. Then iOS mobile was added later that same year and Android mobile in 2015. So technically GvG was an add on, too, that barely predates the addition of the mobile platform. :)

RazorbackPirate

Did this game start out as a PC based game, you mobilers are just an add on ?
Funny. To think this game would have survived and thrived this long on the PC crowd alone is laughable. Be thankful for the mobiler add-ons, they're the only reason you're still playing FoE at all.

That mobilers now make up the majority of the user base and PC gamers are a dying breed, make your romantic notions of yesteryear even more quaint.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Funny. To think this game would have survived and thrived this long on the PC crowd alone is laughable. Be thankful for the mobiler add-ons, they're the only reason you're still playing FoE at all.

That mobilers now make up the majority of the user base and PC gamers are a dying breed, make your romantic notions of yesteryear even more quaint.
Not a dying breed, but certainly an increasingly smaller slice of the pie.

85gt

It did start out as a browser (PC) game in 2012. GvG wasn't added until February of 2014. Then iOS mobile was added later that same year and Android mobile in 2015. So technically GvG was an add on, too, that barely predates the addition of the mobile platform. :)
Well its Inno`s fault for adding mobile to the game and only including part of the game, if they could`nt add all the game they should not have added mobile

Johnny B. Goode

Well its Inno`s fault for adding mobile to the game and only including part of the game, if they could`nt add all the game they should not have added mobile
Yeah, you're right. You GvGers should probably sue. Not fair that you can't play that ultra important part of the game on mobile. There must be some kind of legal remedy to your grievance. ;)

On a serious note, I would guess that there was never any intention of porting GvG to mobile. I actually didn't realize that mobile was available that soon after GvG was introduced. The development times had to have overlapped, and I can't believe that they wouldn't have had a discussion back then about whether they should have GvG available on the mobile platform. And Anwar Sadati, the lead game designer, was still alive and active during that time. It might have been a "then or never" type of decision. In other words, it might have delayed the introduction of GvG or the availability of the mobile platform to make them work together. We'll never know, of course, what the true story of the decision not to port GvG to mobile was. All we know is that they didn't and aren't going to do it, and GvGers can dream about (or whine about) "what should be" all they want and it won't change a thing.

Yugi the 7empest

The 9th ranked guild in O world is level 31 with....wait for it....TWO members. And "no", there was not a recent mass exodus. It's been top 10 for weeks with the same 2 players. So please continue with the argument that the prestige calculations are fine just the way they are.

icarusethan

The 9th ranked guild in O world is level 31 with....wait for it....TWO members. So please continue with the argument that the prestige calculations are fine just the way they are.
the prestige calculations are fine just the way they are. If a guild cant beat this two members guild on gvg, they need to stay off page 1 and 2 so new players don't join these sorry guilds

Yugi the 7empest

the prestige calculations are fine just the way they are. If a guild cant beat this two members guild on gvg, they need to stay off page 1 and 2 so new players don't join these sorry guilds
Rather than bore eveyone with a vapid response that has no argument other than "because I said so and everyone else is wrong", enlighten us with how a 2 person guild can be top 10 in prestige which in turn prompts your mind to say, "yeah, totally legit".

Last edited:

icarusethan

Rather than bore eveyone with a vapid response that has no argument other than "because I said so and everyone else is wrong", enlighten us with how a 2 person guild can be top 10 in prestige which in turn prompts your mind to say, "yeah, totally legit".
those two players know how to play all aspects of the game and other guilds are failing to do so, what else is needed to be said

Ebeondi Asi

The fact GvG cannot be made to work on Mobile has been discussed a lot. The programming language is totally different, and it was early on decided there was no way to make GvG as it stood' work both on PC and Mobile.
Also as I understood it Mobile was not programmed by the PC developers but farmed out. And the programmers for Mobile may had said this GvG is just not going to be possible without changing it etc.
So the made a whole new Game GbG to be a replacement for GvG. Lucky since they knew it had to be compatible for both when making it, they were able to have GbG be fiunctional on both PC and Mobile.
And decided since a lot of long time players liked GvG to not just toss it off the platform.
If anyone with better info can correct my understanding of the situation. please feel free to help explain it.

icarusethan

As long as GVG has any weight in rankings, it will never be a legit ranking system. Rankings cannot have validity if a portion of the player base does not have access to all aspects of earning rank points on the platform they play on. Under this current method, the rankings are based partly on platform availability rather than player/guild ability.
get a pc then