• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

The Lady Redneck

It is simple all they have to do is change the name from Guild BATTLE Grounds to Guild Farm Lands. It opens up a whole load of opportunities for INNO. They can design buildings that give us farming equipment. And a GB that gives us farm hands. Create an Event where the main building is a Farm Yard with lesser ones of pigsty's, hen-houses etc. It is also a great way to inspire friendship and diplomacy as we find ourselves working with guilds who we have been long term enemies with as it is to all our mutual but albeit boring benefit.

But that would still not give the game its edge back. It has no cohesive war element therefore It has no focal point any longer.

Lorendar

Miss the point???
The basic game is all about greed. Foe started with attacking all you neighbors and stealing anything not nailed down LOL.
The rest of it all just kind of grew up around taking what you can grab. Being polite enough to not steal from your Guildmates is an add on. wanting other to 'care' about you. "Oh please do not plunder the H out of me' is no different than "Please let my weak useless Guild get goodies too" Just something to laugh at. just like people post the hate PMs they get from people they plundered.
If you are not strong enough to win. then no one should expect to be handed the prize. That is the game. If you want the sing Kumbaya all day and share everything equally. You are playing the wrong game !!!!!!!
So ignorant. The game is based on building and developing your city as it advances through the ages, not greed. The players ar
That is really a terrible argument.

In your hood you do not play against players with comparable strength. In GvG you do not play against Guilds with comparable strength. In GE you do not play against Guilds with comparable strength. Nowhere in the game you face oponents with comparable strength, so in GBG you should? Why? Cause that is where the big profit is?
Actually, GE is about the only competition that guilds are based on comparable strengths.

Agent327

Actually, GE is about the only competition that guilds are based on comparable strengths.

No it isn't. It is based on size.

Guild Championships

The Guild Championships take Expeditions to another level, and allow for cross world competition!

Every week your guild will be grouped together with up to 7 similarly-sized random guilds from different worlds of your language version*. During the 6-days long Expedition, you will be able to compete against them. Make sure that as many of your guild mates as possible complete the Expedition to get to the very top of the ladder!

LoveNkind

T
Based on the league points system it does not take years to start a city and make it diamond league. Without paying real world money it can be done in less than 8 months. I started a city and a guild to prove just this is possible. All a guilds needs is to be able to place P1 or P2 for 7 seasons. This gets the guild to diamond league. Because of the league points system, it does not mean the guild will be competitive and/or able to stay in diamond league.
Thank you for very interesting information. If you were able to do that, you have both a lot of experience and a lot of ability.

Ebeondi Asi

So ignorant. The game is based on building and developing your city as it advances through the ages, not greed. The players ar

that may be one reason some players choose to play. it is not usually the main reason You comment is more about yourself than about my response to another post. Usually insults show you really have no actual response, but feel angry toward and threatened by the person you are insulting.
I have no doubt you enjoy playing for for the reason you state. Many others play for different reasons.

Algona

Rough ideas, haven't put much thought into them.

Guilds can opt to play in lower Leagues then their current status. (A whole new series of complaints about other Guilds playing down so they can 'bully'.)

Size limit, 10(?) players. Guilds can field multiple teams. (Can you imagine the infighting over Treasury goods? So many more posts wanting logs!) (Prestige Rewards for every team would make GBG the dominant factor in Guild Ran.)

An option to play in GBG that massively reduces personal Rewards but gives incredibly lucrative Guild Rewards for winning. (Put an end to those folks who say they want competition.)

Of the three I like the second most the first second and third least. I put them in that order so I could type the preceding sentence.

----------

It is simple all they have to do is change the name from Guild BATTLE Grounds to Guild Farm Lands.

You mentioned this before, and having thought about it, decided I love it. Never happen but the idea of 'farm equipment' instead of military? Sweet area for design space. Good thinkery.

----------

But that would still not give the game its edge back. It has no cohesive war element therefore It has no focal point any longer.

So much this. Possibly the most cogent point made on this forum this year.

I've been waiting years for this. Disappointed that GvG wasn't updated to reflect changes in the game and that GBG just didn't get there. Soon, INNO, soon.

The Lady Redneck

You mentioned this before, and having thought about it, decided I love it. Never happen but the idea of 'farm equipment' instead of military? Sweet area for design space. Good thinkery.
Algona Thank you LOL. Yes I did mention it before and I was being kinda sarcastic at the time as I was fed up of the cheap junk add on (GBG) that had been foisted on us with all the fanfare about how it would be THEE thing that would give a true battle experience to the game with none of the inherent problems that that nasty GvG had. The stupid thing has far more problems that GvG has. And it does not matter what line of programming they try to change or tweak, they are incapable of making it work as it was badly thought out and flawed from the beginning. Just like GvG it is what it is. Except GBG is boring. So we simply have to make the best of it. And the more I have thought about it the more I realized that maybe my sarcky joke did have logic to it . (The blonde line in my signature says it all)

Last edited:

Sledgie

Personally I really enjoy the social dynamic that GBG has added to the game. Guilds that have a more collaborative style tend to rise to the top of GBG because it takes a team effort to succeed. Guilds that don’t play well with others don’t do well in GBG. Swapping a season (or even a half season) throws in another social challenge. It’s hard enough to get one guild united, let alone get two guilds working together smoothly without arguing.