• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

When in CA, and just starting the IA story line, if you do not abort the side quests, you get 3 more riflemen early on by building 2 ranger encampments. This means you can get at least 4 riflemen, after finishing the "Cartwright's cause" quest.
3 riflemen Side Quest IA Map.jpg
So far, I negotiated all quests, but will select the Fight North, negotiate South approach form here on

Trying to see how much I gain by doing all the Side quests, and accepting to temporarily give up the 2 RQ slots. (right now I've 1 story quest and 2 side quests filling the 3 slots).

NB: I've saved up provinces and techs since Iron Age. This has helped, for completing CA map story and side quests, e.g. for the quest asking for infiltrating 8 sectors, I used LMA and CA provinces. (still have 1 unexplored LMA province and some CA sectors left).

Ben Trovato

So far, I negotiated all quests, but will select the Fight North, negotiate South approach form here on

Trying to see how much I gain by doing all the Side quests, and accepting to temporarily give up the 2 RQ slots. (right now I've 1 story quest and 2 side quests filling the 3 slots).

NB: I've saved up provinces and techs since Iron Age. This has helped, for completing CA map story and side quests, e.g. for the quest asking for infiltrating 8 sectors, I used LMA and CA provinces. (still have 1 unexplored LMA province and some CA sectors left).
Negotiate Okahe. Fight North (at least one sector of New Cragshire by fighting), but don't bother with the South until you have completed the storyline (apart from optionally negotiating Desperation for the expansion). Don't take Las Penas even after you've finished the story line, until you are ready to move to Industrial.

Let us know when you trigger Guns for the Natives side quest, please.

Keep saving the techs. It's worth it when you get to Postmodern as you'll get more Oceanic Future units.

I’m thinking of camping in Iron until I get my Arc to level 80 and level up most of my GBs. After that I’ll inch towards Indy so I could get OF units. How far can I go through CMap in Iron Age so I don’t mess up the questlines to get OF troops? Is the ME map the furthest I could go?

UBERhelp1

I’m thinking of camping in Iron until I get my Arc to level 80 and level up most of my GBs. After that I’ll inch towards Indy so I could get OF units. How far can I go through CMap in Iron Age so I don’t mess up the questlines to get OF troops? Is the ME map the furthest I could go?
I don't know. You could probably go pretty far, even to the FE map if you wanted. I wouldn't go any further than that though.

Ben Trovato

There's a holy grail of higher aged units that involves finding a way past the Postmodern quests tech blocker. It would, at least in theory, let you get OF troops in IndA. But I've never heard of anyone who claims to have done it. It's always a friend of a friend, or this guy in the neighbourhood.

I mention it because the start of the PME map gives you a choice. Normally the best troops available to IndA are the postmodern MG Teams you get from the Che quests at that point. I don't think you can get past the PME map before IndA without losing the Che quests. However, the best chance at finding the holy grail is to take the first province of FE (by negotiation) while in an age before IndA.

So there's your choice for what you'll end up with in IndA: an almost certainty of the excellent MG Teams, or if you negotiate onward past the ME map while in Iron Age, a tiny chance of the hovers and OF units. Good luck.

I just registered to thank you for your great guide (german player here).

Thanks to it i'm in InA and already have 4 hover tanks, some arctic future troops and am looking forward to getting some oceanic future troops too. Missing one tech due to a dumb mistake to get those 2 turturrets later, but could get them if i would step into PE. Still have 2 techs to research in the OF questline while in InA.

I' m absolutely wrecking PVP-Arena and GbG and auto-clicking GE.
Used around 4000 diamonds to scout all those provinces and around 50000 goods to negotiate. Thanks to my great guild! :)

@BenTrovato: Got"Guns for the natives" after negotiating the first native province and after i did it got "the natives support".

Attachments

• proof.JPG
    proof.JPG
    322 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Thanks to it i am in InA and have already 4 hover tanks, some arctic future troops and looking to get some oceanic future troops too. Missing one tech due to a dumb mistake to get those 2 turturrets later, but could get them if i go into PE.

Absolutely wrecking PVP-Arena and GbG and lazy clicking GE.
Used around 4000 diamonds to scout all those provinces and around 50000 goods to negotiate. Thank you guild! :)

@BenTrovato: Got"Guns for the natives" after negotiating the first native province and after i did it got "the natives support".
AWESOME!

It would, at least in theory, let you get OF troops in IndA. But I've never heard of anyone who claims to have done it. It's always a friend of a friend, or this guy in the neighbourhood.
See above I guess :p

I would not go too far in cMap before InA, because it is easy to do something dumb and loose every chance to get future units and up. Sticking to the Main Quest helps to do nothing wrong. It is difficult enough while seeing your next objective, i cannot imagine how many mistakes you could make while just progressing the map.

Sometimes you have to fight to save a tech like e.g. in PE questline (attacking everyone works wonders) and in IA you won't be able to do it.

Update on getting IA units while in CA. I'm doing as many side quests as possible, so not worrying about keeping either of my 2 RQ slots. Following the negotiate south, negotiate with natives, fight north approach.
After starting the "New Lands, New Dangers" Story Quest, unlocking the first technology for residential building triggered the “Military Needs” side quest , which yielded 2 CA Field Guns, which I was not expecting.
Military Needs Side Quest.jpg
Completing that launched "Master of New Goods" Side Quest, which I aborted. That got me back my two RQ slots.

Ben Trovato

Thanks to it i'm in InA and already have 4 hover tanks, some arctic future troops and am looking forward to getting some oceanic future troops too. Missing one tech due to a dumb mistake to get those 2 turturrets later, but could get them if i would step into PE. Still have 2 techs to research in the OF questline while in InA.

OMG!!!! Congratulations. That is so good!

Let me add that you shouldn't sweat the turturrets. I have them in PME and they are nice in defence, but the hovers in attack are the gold dust.

Edited much later to add: I was wrong and Fluffy below was right. The Turturrets do rock in Indy. It's the combination of being able to use Railguns + rogues, followed by Hovers and Rogues, followed by Turturrets and rogues. That's 10 higher age troops that will get you a good long way without diamond healing or waiting.

Last edited:

FluffyPhoenix

I imagine turturrets in Indy would wreck, though.

For fun I did the math for turturrets in my IA world. Even at 12,000% attrition, they could still wreck IA units. One can dream.

Units obtained, in order, by completing IA map: fight North, negotiate South and Neg. Natives

• 3 Riflemen (Native’s support Side Quest)
  • 1 rifleman (Cartwright's Cause Story Quest)
  • 2 Jaeger (Dee's Destiny Story Quest)
  • 2 Lancers (Go North Story Quest)
  • 1 Howitzer (A bitter Defeat Story Quest)
  • 2 Field Guns (Military Needs Side Quest)
  • 2 Lancers (Caught off Guard Story Quest)
  • 2 Rifleman (Towards Garrincton Story Quest)
  • 2 Grenadiers (The Handy-Cap Side Quest)
  • 8 Horseman (Supporting Duck Story Quest)
  • 3 Breech Loaders (Battle for Garrincton Story Quest)
Other premium rewards (my CF is lvl 20)
  • 89 Diamonds (A Friendly Visit Story Quest)
  • 2 small FP Packs (Dawn of War Story Quest)
  • 2 small FP packs (Calm before the storm Story Quest)
  • 60 Diamonds (Celebrate the Victory Story Quest)
Question: Should I hold off on getting Garrincton and Desperation (for their expansions) until I try to get the 2 PE units on the next (PE) map?
recall that @Ben Trovato advised to not scout/take Los Penas unit ready to move up to IA, so won't go for L-P, but wondered if I need to hold off on the other provinces.
IA map after IA stroy line completed.jpg

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Units obtained, in order, by completing IA map: fight North, negotiate South and Neg. Natives

• 3 Riflemen (Native’s support Side Quest)
  • 1 rifleman (Cartwright's Cause Story Quest)
  • 2 Jaeger (Dee's Destiny Story Quest)
  • 2 Lancers (Go North Story Quest)
  • 1 Howitzer (A bitter Defeat Story Quest)
  • 2 Field Guns (Military Needs Side Quest)
  • 2 Lancers (Caught off Guard Story Quest)
  • 2 Grenadiers (The Handy-Cap Side Quest)
  • 8 Horseman (Supporting Duck Story Quest)
  • 3 Breech Loaders (Battle for Garrincton Story Quest)
Other premium rewards (my CF is lvl 20)
  • 89 Diamonds (A Friendly Visit Story Quest)
  • 2 small FP Packs (Dawn of War Story Quest)
  • 2 small FP packs (Calm before the storm Story Quest)
  • 60 Diamonds (Celebrate the Victory Story Quest)
Question: Should I hold off on getting Garrincton and Desperation (for their expansions) until I try to get the 2 PE units on the next (PE) map?
recall that @Ben Trovato advised to not scout/take Los Penas unit ready to move up to IA, so won't go for L-P, but wondered if I need to hold off on the other provinces.
View attachment 18971
As long as you don't take Las Penas, you should be fine. And it's fine if you want to get the PE units first or pursue the expansions. It won't matter.

I meant Iron Age, not Industrial. And no, because turturrets have an initiative of 22 while jaegers have 16.
I don't think there is any possible way to get around the LMA tech blockers when one is in Iron Age. The only reason why one can even skip the PME tech blocker is because the only abortable story quest in the entire game is in the PME storyline. No other quest in the game has this unique property.

UBERhelp1

I don't think there is any possible way to get around the LMA tech blockers when one is in Iron Age. The only reason why one can even skip the PME tech blocker is because the only abortable story quest in the entire game is in the PME storyline. No other quest in the game has this unique property.
Sadly this seems to be the case right now. It might be possible some crazy way to do it, but for right now, no.

Kyogre

Hello all! I have a bit of a complicated question. I am currently trying for FE units in Indy, and i am at the start of the TE map. I decided to do an RQ, and suddenly, "Dictator's death" replaced the RQ slot. I Know this is supposed to happen, but since i have yet to do the TE map yet, does that mean that i cannot skip the CE tech blocker any more? Or should i do all it takes to not fulfill dictator's death's requirements, and do the needed TE map sectors before finishing dictator's death?