• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

"For the first X battles"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Age Marz

Instead of buildings like The Kraken, HC, or The Virgo Project using up charges from each battle they don't proc in. I think a better idea would be if they only took charges that they actually DO proc in because the charges are wasted if they don't proc for X battles after collection. Since there's already a low chance (depending on level) it makes no sense to waste the X chances you have just because you entered the battle and it did not activate. Just a thought on the viability of the GBs and others like it, especially since The Virgo Project is excluded from PvP. Thoughts?

Ebeondi Asi

The percentage is the game. When they do not work, they used up a percentage chance. Your idea would mean they all would be at 100% right off. which is never going to happen. Or I do not understand your idea?
What would be nice is if one had a switch for Kraken to use the chance when I wanted. but I don't expect such a thing to be done

Last edited:

Space Age Marz

The percentage is the game. When they do not work, they used up a percentage chance. Your idea would mean they all would be at 100% right off. which is never going to happen. Or I do not understand your idea?
What would be nice is if one had a switch for Lkraken to use the chance when I wanted. but I do not expect such a thing to be done

What I'm saying is instead of the X amount of chances decreasing by 1 for a battle it only decreases when it actually activates in battle. The percentage shouldn't be changed but when its used THEN it should count not just because i did 4 battles after collect. Basically, change "For the first X battles" to "you have X % to used this X times in battle" and when it activates that counts as usage.

Kranyar the Mysterious

While they are at it, why have the rewards at a % chance either? Just put up a drop down list for players to choose from too. Certainly make level 91 much more valuable!!! 200, 200, 200, 200, 200, 200, 200, 200, 200, 200. Everyone can use an extra 2k fp per day!!!

Agent327

This isn't an idea so it does not need a poll. Poll removed.

GB's you mention have a chance of something to happen. That chance increases with every level raised. Turn that chance into a guarantee like you wish and there is no reason to level those GB's anymore.

Space Age Marz

There are x number of chances for the effect to occur, so what he's saying is perfectly logical. You're suggesting that it be changed from "x chances to occur" to "x number of guaranteed occurences". That's completely different.

No. I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. I’m not suggesting guaranteed anything, it’s just shouldn’t be used up in the immediate next X battles. To be perfectly clear I’m NOT saying it needs to be 100%, I’m saying it should count WHENEVER it happens until it’s zeroed. The stock is geared toward its uses not x many battles after collections and it resets after collection just the same. I don’t think I can be any clearer than that since it’s still a random chance only the charges count for uses not battles.

Now I can I see an issue where this can be spammed in GBG so that would be a problem, but it’s only 5 points max. Maybe GE but still smaller points than nego and again 5 max tries anyway. I can understand if the pushback was this but just changing it to uses instead of battles isn’t making the GB stronger, it makes it more useful.

This isn't an idea so it does not need a poll. Poll removed.

GB's you mention have a chance of something to happen. That chance increases with every level raised. Turn that chance into a guarantee like you wish and there is no reason to level those GB's anymore.

There’s no reason to level it past 35 unless I’m bored, it doesn’t even break 70% at 100, idk where you’re getting a “guarantee” from.

RazorbackPirate

No. I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. I’m not suggesting guaranteed anything, it’s just shouldn’t be used up in the immediate next X battles. To be perfectly clear I’m NOT saying it needs to be 100%, I’m saying it should count WHENEVER it happens until it’s zeroed. The stock is geared toward its uses not x many battles after collections and it resets after collection just the same. I don’t think I can be any clearer than that since it’s still a random chance only the charges count for uses not battles.
Then you are asking for 100%. If you have 10 chances to vaporize unit, you only want the counter to deduct when the chance was successful. 100%. Tell me your math skills are not really that weak and you're playing for effect.

UBERhelp1

The problem with this is then you can reliably just keep fighting the same battle until it procs if you are stuck, because you know that it will eventually trigger. I think that's a little abusable.

Graviton

No. I don’t think you’re understanding what I’m saying. I’m not suggesting guaranteed anything, it’s just shouldn’t be used up in the immediate next X battles. To be perfectly clear I’m NOT saying it needs to be 100%, I’m saying it should count WHENEVER it happens until it’s zeroed ... I don’t think I can be any clearer than that since it’s still a random chance only the charges count for uses not battles.

Right now you get a certain number of chances that it will proc. You're proposing that you get however many chances it takes to proc x number of times. That's a 100% guarantee that you'll get the maximum possible procs every time, you just don't know how many attempts it will take to get there.

I've got a level 15 Kraken in one of my cities. It gives a 40+% chance to proc for the first 13 battles. I could get only 1 proc out of those 13 chances, or I could get 13 procs, but I only get 13 shots at it. You would change that to a 40+% chance to proc 13 times, with an unlimited number of attempts to get 13 procs. You don't see how that's a 100% guarantee to get 13 procs every day? You may as well propose to eliminate the percentage chance to proc and just have it proc each of the first 13 battles. Same thing.

Space Age Marz

Right now you get a certain number of chances that it will proc. You're proposing that you get however many chances it takes to proc x number of times. That's a 100% guarantee that you'll get the maximum possible procs every time, you just don't know how many attempts it will take to get there.

I've got a level 15 Kraken in one of my cities. It gives a 40+% chance to proc for the first 13 battles. I could get only 1 proc out of those 13 chances, or I could get 13 procs, but I only get 13 shots at it. You would change that to a 40+% chance to proc 13 times, with an unlimited number of attempts to get 13 procs. You don't see how that's a 100% guarantee to get 13 procs every day? You may as well propose to eliminate the percentage chance to proc and just have it proc each of the first 13 battles. Same thing.

Ok, im speaking more for the VP than the Kraken since it has way more chances, I was just using the Kraken and HC as examples since they are similar. It just seems like 6 chances are kinda low when you start off with only 3 as it is. I understand what you're saying about the Kraken but I'm not putting too much attention on it for the aforementioned reason but it just seems like a bit of a waste unless youre in GE4 (which you can negotiate thru if you have a freaking VP anyway) or have high attrition in GBG (which may be the only REAL situation it can excel in) to try for the 3-6 uses it gets. So am i to understand this is a GBG only building? Because if not then how are only 6 uses viable?

You're proposing that you get however many chances it takes to proc x number of times.

No, you only get the X chances for it to proc if it does then -1 use if not you can try again in the next battle. Now to Uber's point, abuse of this is not the goal but maybe the choice to choose the battle and if it hits/misses THEN take the charge but to be forced to have the next x battles determine my usage is bonkers. It resets on collection anyway so double dipping plus leveling right after lets you use it 3x, is that not "legal" abuse?

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

You're proposing that you get however many chances it takes to proc x number of times.

No, you only get the X chances for it to proc if it does then -1 use if not you can try again in the next battle. Now to Uber's point, abuse of this is not the goal but maybe the choice to choose the battle and if it hits/misses THEN take the charge but to be forced to have the next x battles determine my usage is bonkers. It resets on collection anyway so double dipping plus leveling right after lets you use it 3x, is that not "legal" abuse?
You really are that dense. Yes! You are proposing EXACTLY that! No matter how you bastardize your verbiage, you are saying exactly that. You want 100% of the uses to be good, not matter how many tries it takes you.

Hard no on this.

Space Age Marz

You really are that dense. Yes! You are proposing EXACTLY that! No matter how you bastardize your verbiage, you are saying exactly that. You want 100% of the uses to be good, not matter how many tries it takes you.

Hard no on this.
Dude calm down your little attitude! You’re too upset about a game idea lol. If either of you weren’t so childish I could respect your answers but you’re disrespectful and name calling like little kids, you should get out the house more often. I presented an idea and you don’t like it, so what? Why did you even answer? The people before we’re doing just fine kid.

YOU obviously didn't read when i said:
"Now to Uber's point, abuse of this is not the goal but maybe the choice to choose the battle and if it hits/misses THEN take the charge but to be forced to have the next x battles determine my usage is bonkers."

Last edited:

Emberguard

The idea of changing how charges work in general only makes sense if you’re choosing which battle to use charges on before you enter the battle and it uses up the charge regardless of success or failure. Changing it so you never lose charges on a fail defeats the point of having a chance to fail

Last edited:

Space Age Marz

The idea of changing how charges work in general only makes sense if you’re choosing which battle to use charges on before you enter the battle and it uses up the charge regardless of success or failure. Changing it so you never lose charges on a fail defeat the point of having a chance to fail

YES, FINALLY! AN ACTUAL IDEA!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that. Like I said I thought of this while playing and something about it felt off, and it's definitely the charges being used up in the "next X battles" which is why I named the thread as such as well as said it in a few posts back. Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it because that makes it fair and we have the choice of WHEN to use it which is my main point. To use them up in the next X battles makes no sense when I probably won't need it for the next immediate battles.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

YES, FINALLY! AN ACTUAL IDEA!

Honestly, I wouldn't mind that. Like I said I thought of this while playing and something about it felt off, and it's definitely the charges being used up in the "next X battles" which is why I named the thread as such as well as said it in a few posts back. Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it because that makes it fair and we have the choice of WHEN to use it which is my main point. To use them up in the next X battles makes no sense when I probably won't need it for the next immediate battles.
OMG! This is worse (if possible). This way we would have another box to check before every battle. For every GB that affects battle. Neither the original idea nor this one is in line with how the game normally works.

By the way, nobody else posted an alternative change because nobody else thinks there needs to be a change to the current mechanic. That is what feedback is all about in the Ideas section. We are not required to like or try to improve your idea. We are perfectly within our rights to just tell you why it's a bad idea or why we don't like it. No need to be insulting to others just because they disagree with you. Or in this case because they're trying to explain the flaw in your idea while you apparently couldn't grasp its real (as opposed to intended) consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.