• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Equity???

Sanscash

What is the mindset of permitting a member of another age to attack and plunder members of previous ages? When the attack enhancement is 200% on the attacking units what is the recourse for the defenders. I dont see any competitive value in this process. Explain to me why I should think this is of any value or incentive to continue in the game.

Agent327

Members of other ages can only attack members of previous ages if they moved up in the period the neighborhood is fixed. Atack and defence falues have nothing to do with how the neighbourhood is made up.

Emberguard

The neighbourhoods are comprised of those players that are closest in age to you. There’ll always be one neighbourhood that is a mix between two ages due to where the numbers fall.

If you want troops from higher ages to defend you can advance on the continent map. However you’ll need to be careful with your research to make sure you get the questlines that are doable for your age

RazorbackPirate

What is the mindset of permitting a member of another age to attack and plunder members of previous ages? When the attack enhancement is 200% on the attacking units what is the recourse for the defenders. I dont see any competitive value in this process. Explain to me why I should think this is of any value or incentive to continue in the game.
Every one of those players started out exactly where you are and you have the exact same opportunities within the game as they have. Recourse for defenders is to grow your city and get better, as the attackers have. I don't care if you continue the game or not. If getting attacked and plundered occasionally is that problematic for you then FoE may not be for you.

Algona

Explain to me why I should think this is of any value or incentive to continue in the game.

Welcome to the game. welcome to the forum.

Eventually, if you get to the point where you are good at this game, you will be in the position where your city is superior to some / many other players.

Will you want limits placed on what you can do because others chose to play the game less well then you do?

One key to getting to the point where you have a superior city is quit trying to change fundamentals of this 9 year old game. Instead ask any of the thousands of your predecessors who have gone through exactly what you are going through now for help with any aspect of the game you find challenging, difficult, unfair, impossible.

Sanscash

Every one of those players started out exactly where you are and you have the exact same opportunities within the game as they have. Recourse for defenders is to grow your city and get better, as the attackers have. I don't care if you continue the game or not. If getting attacked and plundered occasionally is that problematic for you then FoE may not be for you.
Welcome to the game. welcome to the forum.

Eventually, if you get to the point where you are good at this game, you will be in the position where your city is superior to some / many other players.

Will you want limits placed on what you can do because others chose to play the game less well then you do?

One key to getting to the point where you have a superior city is quit trying to change fundamentals of this 9 year old game. Instead ask any of the thousands of your predecessors who have gone through exactly what you are going through now for help with any aspect of the game you find challenging, difficult, unfair, impossible.
Members of other ages can only attack members of previous ages if they moved up in the period the neighborhood is fixed. Atack and defence falues have nothing to do with how the neighbourhood is made up.

Sanscash

It appears to me that the emphasis is less on "playing the game" than it is "feeding the egos of those who are willing to buy diamonds" If you want to make the game competitive and not monetary, restrict the conflicts to members of the same age. Who demonstrates competence by attacking a player that is earlier in age.? Is this considered "playing the game better" in the definition of of the players in this venue? I''m not impressed with the responses to this note nor the participants that feel they demonstrate superiority by cherry picking their successes.

Emberguard

If you want to make the game competitive and not monetary, restrict the conflicts to members of the same age.
It already is sorted by players of same age. The only times they're not is if they have no same age hood to go to (and you're the closest match available), or they age up after they're sorted. In which case they'll be removed in the next neighbourhood shuffle

Sanscash

It already is sorted by players of same age. The only times they're not is if they have no same age hood to go to (and you're the closest match available), or they age up after they're sorted. In which case they'll be removed in the next neighbourhood shuffle
Sorry, but my experience belies this statement.

Anu.

when I was in CE I had OF units, and every week I was facing a CE hood (or even better a mixed CE/PME hood), I think maybe that's the scenario OP is describing, but as said by many people, everyone has the opportunity to learn the game dynamics and advance on the map while keeping untouched techs to reach those units as well, whining won't change the outcome

Graviton

Sorry, but my experience belies this statement.

MIght seem that way, but @Emberguard is right.

I''m not impressed with the responses to this note nor the participants that feel they demonstrate superiority by cherry picking their successes.

Well, the fact is that you're new to the game and we're not. You're getting honest answers about how the game works from people who've been playing a long time. Stick around and learn how thing work, it's really a great game, but you have to understand that until you've built up your city you're gonna suck at parts of it. That's how it works for everybody.

Welcome to the game and the forum.

Sanscash

MIght seem that way, but @Emberguard is right.

Well, the fact is that you're new to the game and we're not. You're getting honest answers about how the game works from people who've been playing a long time. Stick around and learn how thing work, it's really a great game, but you have to understand that until you've built up your city you're gonna suck at parts of it. That's how it works for everybody.

Welcome to the game and the forum.
Actually I played this game as USNAVYVET several years ago up to the progressive age, but life circumstances dictated i terminate my membership in FOE. So I think I possess some knowledge of the game. However, some members, myself included would prefer to not attack other members nor be attacked. I think those individuals should be permitted to play the game in the manner they choosel

Emberguard

several years ago up to the progressive age,
Ok then, let me inform you of a change that may have occurred during your time away (depending on when exactly "several years ago" was):

2017 - New Neighbourhood Merging System
The new system is simplified, comparing to the old one. Unlike previously, the new system will not cluster accounts into "chunks" that are afterwards merged together. The only criteria that will now be taken into account is era and the amount of Forge Points spent in the tech tree.

This means, that normally, right after the merging occurs, there would be no differences in age within a single neighborhood (with an exception of 14 neighborhoods per world where two different eras will meet).

We hope that this new system will eliminate the problem of players ending up in unbalanced neighborhoods.
That number 14 would probably be more like 18 now due to additional ages having been added since.

However look at this sentence:
and the amount of Forge Points spent in the tech tree.
Rig it. Stop short in your age. Don't start putting FPs into the techs for the next age at all. Anyone who has fully completed their research age and started placing FPs into the next age (without aging up) is going to be higher up the ladder then someone that is only partway through their age.

You could also just skip any and all technologies that lead to a dead end. Don't place any FPs in dead end techs unless you really want that tech

RazorbackPirate

It appears to me that the emphasis is less on "playing the game" than it is "feeding the egos of those who are willing to buy diamonds" If you want to make the game competitive and not monetary, restrict the conflicts to members of the same age. Who demonstrates competence by attacking a player that is earlier in age.? Is this considered "playing the game better" in the definition of of the players in this venue? I''m not impressed with the responses to this note nor the participants that feel they demonstrate superiority by cherry picking their successes.
Wow. Lots of ASSumptions by someone who doesn't know squat about the game or those responding.

As someone who has never bought diamonds, I'm sitting on 15k+ free ones. I almost never attack my neighbors, I plunder even less. I also rarely get attacked and almost never plundered. I play the game exactly the way I want and have built a city that allows me to do so.

The game is highly competitive, you're obviously getting stomped, and not monetary. 15k free diamonds and never spent a dime meets my definition of your want. As all diamond purchases and use are voluntary and unnecessary, I have no problem with either the people who buy them who allow me to play for free, nor the company who collects them as the revenue stream that allows Inno to bring me the game for free.

If you previously got to Progressive and never figured this out, you never much learned the game. Maybe now is the time to do so?

Graviton

Actually I played this game as USNAVYVET several years ago up to the progressive age, but life circumstances dictated i terminate my membership in FOE. So I think I possess some knowledge of the game. However, some members, myself included would prefer to not attack other members nor be attacked. I think those individuals should be permitted to play the game in the manner they choosel

You can avoid being attacked by not researching Military Tactics.

If you have some knowledge of the game then I assume you know that you lose nothing by being attacked, even if you lose; and that you can avoid being plundered by making sure you have enough friends and guildies to get all of your buildings polished/motivated, and/or to collect your productions on time. Playing the game the way you choose still entails playing the game the way it's designed.

Algona

So I think I possess some knowledge of the game.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Quit trying to blame the game or other players for your inadequacies.

So I think I possess some knowledge of the game.

Your own posts belie this statement.

There is no correlation between Era and understanding of the game.

You are not alone, this forum and the game have always been littered with players who are bad at the game and yet play in the highest Eras.

They are the ones perpetually at the bottom of their hood, the worst come here and whine about coiners being bullies while getting their asses whooped and want to change the game.

Instead of learning it.

Every player responding to you has gone through the process of learning the game, we all started by getting whupped, we all learned.

Instead of taking advantage of a treasure trove of knowledge, you choose to dismiss and sneer at it.

How well does that work for you in real life?

I think those individuals should be permitted to play the game in the manner they choosel

Try to explain that to someone when playing poker. Or chess. Or football.

feeding the egos of those who are willing to buy diamonds

No, I feed my ego by being right.

I get a massive amount of satisfaction by telling quitters like you exactly how wrong you are, exactly how to fix your situation, and then seeing you quit the game because you refuse to believe I'm right.

Or better yet seeing you change as you learn the game.

Progress in this game does not hinge on Diamonds, it hinges on understanding the game. All Diamonds do is enable faster play, players have to learn better play.

Awful players spending Diamonds waste the Diamonds on awful things.

I'm not a smart person, but I read a lot, ask a lot of questions. and experiment a lot.

Doing that I became expert at this game long before I started earning significant amounts of Diamonds

Never bought any, earned about 100K across three cities, have 35K in bank, spent the rest on Diamond Expansions and a few random things.

Any competent player can easily extract enough Diamonds from the game to never need to buy them.

Maybe you should be asking about that?

Or how to mitigate plundering?

Or any other aspect of the game you have trouble with?

Sanscash

Ok then, let me inform you of a change that may have occurred during your time away (depending on when exactly "several years ago" was):

2017 - New Neighbourhood Merging System
That number 14 would probably be more like 18 now due to additional ages having been added since.

However look at this sentence:
Rig it. Stop short in your age. Don't start putting FPs into the techs for the next age at all. Anyone who has fully completed their research age and started placing FPs into the next age (without aging up) is going to be higher up the ladder then someone that is only partway through their age.

You could also just skip any and all technologies that lead to a dead end. Don't place any FPs in dead end techs unless you really want that tech
Is there a technology that I can ignore that will prevent attacks from neighbors if I start again in a new world?
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Quit trying to blame the game or other players for your inadequacies.

Your own posts belie this statement.

There is no correlation between Era and understanding of the game.

You are not alone, this forum and the game have always been littered with players who are bad at the game and yet play in the highest Eras.

They are the ones perpetually at the bottom of their hood, the worst come here and whine about coiners being bullies while getting their asses whooped and want to change the game.

Instead of learning it.

Every player responding to you has gone through the process of learning the game, we all started by getting whupped, we all learned.

Instead of taking advantage of a treasure trove of knowledge, you choose to dismiss and sneer at it.

How well does that work for you in real life?

Try to explain that to someone when playing poker. Or chess. Or football.

No, I feed my ego by being right.

I get a massive amount of satisfaction by telling quitters like you exactly how wrong you are, exactly how to fix your situation, and then seeing you quit the game because you refuse to believe I'm right.

Or better yet seeing you change as you learn the game.

Progress in this game does not hinge on Diamonds, it hinges on understanding the game. All Diamonds do is enable faster play, players have to learn better play.

Awful players spending Diamonds waste the Diamonds on awful things.

I'm not a smart person, but I read a lot, ask a lot of questions. and experiment a lot.

Doing that I became expert at this game long before I started earning significant amounts of Diamonds

Never bought any, earned about 100K across three cities, have 35K in bank, spent the rest on Diamond Expansions and a few random things.

Any competent player can easily extract enough Diamonds from the game to never need to buy them.

Maybe you should be asking about that?

Or how to mitigate plundering?

Or any other aspect of the game you have trouble with?