• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spin the Wheel probabilities

Algona

Looks like Pericles has deleted all their posts. Again.

Fear not, gallant Lion! While the majority of your words have faded into oblivion, some treasures have been saved! Heh. Musta sucked for you when you found out that deleting posts doesn't delete the quotes of those posts.

Self immolation. Twice. Who'da guessed that? Granpa 'Gona ftw!

Yep, you're onto us. It's a giant conspiracy. We meet once a week to talk about you.

I'd like to amend the agenda to add the standard series of prop bets on when / if Pericles returns.

A reminder, you're bringing the Hi-C Fruit Punch for this week's meeting.

Pericles the Lion

Looks like Pericles has deleted all their posts. Again.

Fear not, gallant Lion! While the majority of your words have faded into oblivion, some treasures have been saved! Heh. Musta sucked for you when you found out that deleting posts doesn't delete the quotes of those posts.

Self immolation. Twice. Who'da guessed that? Granpa 'Gona ftw!

I'd like to amend the agenda to add the standard series of prop bets on when / if Pericles returns.

A reminder, you're bringing the Hi-C Fruit Punch for this week's meeting.

You wrote "I've said my peace made my predictons and if you don't quote me or call me by name will happily wander off leaving you one less person to argue with."

No problem. I will ask that you extend me the same courtesy.
I thought that we had an agreement Algona. I suppose not. So much for you honoring your agreements.

I'm happy that all got a lot of laughs at my expense. While all of this was unfolding I don't know if you took the time to notice that NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION. The half-dozen of you are posting back and forth stroking each others' egos but NOBODY IS WATCHING, I am completely satisfied with the knowledge that none of you have a thing to contribute to the advancement of new players. So, enjoy life reminiscing about the "good old days".

By the way....continue to quote and requote me I really don't care. Being disrespected by this cartel is an honor to me. Continuing to be quoted is tantamount to immortality. Take your best shot. In the meantime, I'm going to go play the game which is something that none of you seem interested in doing. Collectively, you are all talk and no walk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny B. Goode

NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION.
Well, you were, so...:oops:
NOBODY IS WATCHING,
Again, you seem fascinated by it, so...o_O
I am completely satisfied with the knowledge that none of you have a thing to contribute to the advancement of new players.
Once again speaking from ignorance. Everyone here (except you) has demonstrated over and over through the years that they are most happy to help new players that have legitimate questions, both here and in-game.:cool:
Continuing to be quoted is tantamount to immortality.
Ever heard of Mrs Malaprop? She's a character in a 1775 play and the origin of the term "malapropism". Yeah, immortality for being wrong doesn't originate with you.;)
Collectively, you are all talk and no walk.
True, I don't walk that much anymore, but I walked a lot for 30 years on the job. Talked at the same time, sometimes. Now I just talk and click. :p

Pericles the Lion

Well, you were, so...:oops:

Again, you seem fascinated by it, so...o_O

Once again speaking from ignorance. Everyone here (except you) has demonstrated over and over through the years that they are most happy to help new players that have legitimate questions, both here and in-game.:cool:

Ever heard of Mrs Malaprop? She's a character in a 1775 play and the origin of the term "malapropism". Yeah, immortality for being wrong doesn't originate with you.;)

True, I don't walk that much anymore, but I walked a lot for 30 years on the job. Talked at the same time, sometimes. Now I just talk and click. :p
Remember the old doctor in "Arachnophobia"? Just before he got bit by the spider he was chiding his wife with "You're right, you're always right". Well, there you go.

I'm not fascinated by the Forum, it's more like driving by a train wreck. You feel guilty looking at it but you just can't help yourself. Keep grinding away at your city Dude, with some luck you'll get it to 100MM by 2025. I'm not so confident in the others though.

Agent327

I thought that we had an agreement Algona. I suppose not. So much for you honoring your agreements.

I'm happy that all got a lot of laughs at my expense. While all of this was unfolding I don't know if you took the time to notice that NOBODY IS PAYING ATTENTION. The half-dozen of you are posting back and forth stroking each others' egos but NOBODY IS WATCHING, I am completely satisfied with the knowledge that none of you have a thing to contribute to the advancement of new players. So, enjoy life reminiscing about the "good old days".

By the way....continue to quote and requote me I really don't care. Being disrespected by this cartel is an honor to me. Continuing to be quoted is tantamount to immortality. Take your best shot. In the meantime, I'm going to go play the game which is something that none of you seem interested in doing. Collectively, you are all talk and no walk.

If you really don't care, why do you keep deleting your posts?

Remember the old doctor in "Arachnophobia"? Just before he got bit by the spider he was chiding his wife with "You're right, you're always right". Well, there you go.

I'm not fascinated by the Forum, it's more like driving by a train wreck. You feel guilty looking at it but you just can't help yourself. Keep grinding away at your city Dude, with some luck you'll get it to 100MM by 2025. I'm not so confident in the others though.

For someone not fascinated by the forum, you sure are on it a lot.

Algona

No, you sent me a message. I never responded.

I never accept backroom deals as a matter of principle. If you have to hide it, it prolly shouldn't be done.

Dunno why you think you can keep dumping on "Well Known Members" and think I won't respond.

I have no problem standing on my record on this forum. I'm not the one trying to negotiate hidden agreements, I'm not the one deleting posts, I'm not the one who continues baiting every poster who has commented about you.

I'm happy that all of the senior citizens in this retirement home got a lot of laughs at my expense.

I can't speak for others, but I refer you to my first post about you.

How can I not <3 igoroance repeatedly self exposed?

I mean,for a poster whose spent days typing and deleting posts espousing the premise that experience doesn't matter, you keep demonstrating it does:

NOBODY IS WATCHING

Aside from JBG's amd Agent's delightfully appropriate responses, there is an exact number of people who hae viewed this thread.

But much like you not understanding other fundamentals of how this forum works (mangled quotes, thinking deleting posts deletes quotes from those posts) you don't know how that works either, do you?

----------

You hate being wrong. You keep deleting posts because you keep being wrong. There is a much simpler solution for your problems:
Quit posting wrong things.

It's a fundamental lesson of this forum that we all get reminded of constantly.

If you don't like being corrected, quit being wrong.

It really is that simple.

I am completely satisfied with the knowledge that none of you have a thing to contribute to the advancement of new players.

Wrong. Again.

Tell me who you've helped? Can you link to a post where you helped? How about a reference to anyone you've helped in game?

Have you had anything to do with maintaining the only quick start Guide on this forum?

Nine months into the game I was running a Guild. Feel free to contact the three cofounders of Dogstar Demons on MK and ask what I did for them over the years as a Guild and individually?

As I said, if you want to quit being told you're wrong, it's real easy.

Quit being wrong.

Pericles the Lion

If you really don't care, why do you keep deleting your posts?

Because it makes you ask the same silly question time and time again.

Yep, somebody needs to be on it otherwise what's the point of having it?. 99.999% of the US server players don't bother with the Forum. If it weren't for me, and a very few others like me, you wouldn't have a reason for being. Look at it as though we few not "Well Known Members" are keeping this thing going. Once the coyotes run out of rabbits they turn on each other.

Pericles the Lion

No, you sent me a message. I never responded.
I never accept backroom deals as a matter of principle. If you have to hide it, it prolly shouldn't be done.

It was not a "backroom deal" Below is the what you promised back in the Equity thread. So much for honoring your commitment. But then, you can't resist can you?

Next time though, try asking questions that are neither leading nor assume facts not in evidence
I've said my peace made my predictons and if you don't quote me or call me by name will happily wander off leaving you one less person to argue with.

Several of you seem fixated on the "experience versus expertise" debate. Good. I certainly got that implanted into your collective long term memories. How many times will it take until you get it into you head that I don't care about what you did back in the day? None of your cities are active. Most of your cohorts cities are either inactive or very poorly developed given the amount of time that you all have invested in the game. Most, if not all, of you have very low battle numbers which means you do not participate in GBG or PvP. Some have low level CFs meaning they didn't bother to adopt heavy questing. I haven't looked very hard but don't remember seeing any ARCs beyond 80. Many of you want to pontificate about forming guilds, I ask "so what?". Any player can form a guild but what's the point? This whole thing started when I was advised to pay attention (meaning respect) to the experienced players. As far as I am concerned, your experience and $4.99 will get me a grande cappucchino mocha latte. It sure isn't going to help me advance my game. Just speaking for me, others may be more gullible.

Agent327

Because it makes you ask the same silly question time and time again.

Seems to me a lot of work, just for that

Yep, somebody needs to be on it otherwise what's the point of having it?. 99.999% of the US server players don't bother with the Forum. If it weren't for me, and a very few others like me, you wouldn't have a reason for being. Look at it as though we few not "Well Known Members" are keeping this thing going. Once the coyotes run out of rabbits they turn on each other.

So you are fascinated :p

I feel another round of deleted posts coming up.

Some have low level CFs meaning they didn't bother to adopt heavy questing
What on Earth are you talking about? Unless if you're wanting to trade/sell goods, help the GBG treasury or tech up quickly there is no clear advantageous reason to bring your CF up beyond level 10 even if you quest loop a lot. After all, it costs forge points to bring your CF through the sweet spot, and for most players it is not a priority. A level 5 CF can produce 5k goods a month (assuming you snipe a lot and cycle through spend FP quests) which is enough for most players.

Algona

You don't know how a poster gets to be a Well Known Member do you?

Current stats for the forum show over 11K active registered users. Your 99.999% is only off by a factor of 1000.

Wrong. Again.

I invite you to go through this and the equity thread and note how many posters there were in each thread and how many agreed with anything you had to say.

It was not a "backroom deal"

The one you titled 'Private follow up' and did as a PM after I specifically said that anything you have to say to me say in public?

Wrong. Again.

Most, if not all, of you have very low battle numbers which means you do not participate in GBG or PvP

Did you ask anyone? You didn't ask me. I did rabid plundering. Got bored with it. I did rabid GBG got bored with it. Did HQS got bored with it. Done everything in this game, got bored with it.

But that's just me. You'd have to have either read the forums for the last 18 months to know why most of the regular posters think the way they do or ask them.

You've done neither.

----------

I see you declined my invitation to swap info on who has been more helpful to new players.

Any player who has responded to you has a long recorded history of being helpful.

You don't.

Wrong. Again.

----------

You've been blithering about and deleting your posts about the general topic of players with expertise and experience.

Why is it you've never once tried to prove that Well Known Members give bad advice or are frequently wrong about the game?

Several of you seem fixated on the "experience versus expertise" debate. Good. I certainly got that implanted into your collective long term memories. How many times will it take until you get it into you head that I don't care about what you did back in the day? None of your cities are active. Most of your cohorts cities are either inactive or very poorly developed given the amount of time that you all have invested in the game. Most, if not all, of you have very low battle numbers which means you do not participate in GBG or PvP. Some have low level CFs meaning they didn't bother to adopt heavy questing. I haven't looked very hard but don't remember seeing any ARCs beyond 80. Many of you want to pontificate about forming guilds, I ask "so what?". Any player can form a guild but what's the point? This whole thing started when I was advised to pay attention (meaning respect) to the experienced players. As far as I am concerned, your experience and $4.99 will get me a grande cappucchino mocha latte. It sure isn't going to help me advance my game. Just speaking for me, others may be more gullible.

There's a simple way for any person reading this to decide the issue.

You've been demonstrated wrong on dozens of different statements over the last few days to the point where you've twice deleted scores of posts.

Feel free to point out where others have been wrong.

You can't point to anything you've done to help any other poster.

The posting history of almost all Well Known Members has many examples of them helping others.

Let's sum this up:

Pericles does not help anyone, lies, deletes posts, demonstrates not understanding fundamentals, is wrong more often then not, and has not offered one shred of evidence to back up their assertion.

Well Known Members have a documented history of being right and helpful.

Pericles the Lion

Yep, somebody needs to be on it otherwise what's the point of having it?.
So you are fascinated :p
I understand that reading comprehension may be easier for some than others. My reply was in direct response to your remark that I was on the forum a lot. I'm "amused" by the forum cartel, sometimes "disgusted" but certainly not "fascinated". You give yourself far too much credit.

Pericles the Lion

Did you ask anyone? You didn't ask me. I did rabid plundering. Got bored with it. I did rabid GBG got bored with it. Did HQS got bored with it. Done everything in this game, got bored with it.

Everything that you wrote relative to my position on "experience" versus "expertise" can be summarized in this one phrase. Everything is in the past tense.

Johnny B. Goode

I understand that reading comprehension may be easier for some than others. My reply was in direct response to your remark that I was on the forum a lot. I'm "amused" by the forum cartel, sometimes "disgusted" but certainly not "fascinated". You give yourself far too much credit.
OMG
You really need to give it up. You are in way over your head here. You are being schooled by multiple posters and don't even realize you're being schooled.

Incidentally, the one time I was wrong in this thread I admitted it as soon as I realized it. Didn't delete the post, just admitted my mistake. You have been wrong over and over but never once admitted it, instead trying to cover your backside by deleting posts.
Some have low level CFs meaning they didn't bother to adopt heavy questing.
What on Earth are you talking about? Unless if you're wanting to trade/sell goods, help the GBG treasury or tech up quickly there is no clear advantageous reason to bring your CF up beyond level 10 even if you quest loop a lot. After all, it costs forge points to bring your CF through the sweet spot, and for most players it is not a priority. A level 5 CF can produce 5k goods a month (assuming you snipe a lot and cycle through spend FP quests) which is enough for most players.
Remember the player that we were talking about the other day? That player recommended that I take my HC up to 78 when it was at 10. Check out his city. His is at 88, almost 89, and he's taking it to 98. His advice I treasure so my HC is now at 78.
This is a prime example of this:
I understand that reading comprehension may be easier for some than others.
You apparently are quite familiar with reading comprehension problems, as the above exchange was about the CF until you for some unknown reason decided to talk about your HC instead. Confused much? (That's a rhetorical question. We all know the answer.)

Pericles the Lion

Original reply: "Remember the player that we were talking about the other day? That player recommended that I take my HC up to 78 when it was at 10. Check out his city. His is at 88, almost 89, and he's taking it to 98. His advice I treasure so my HC is now at 78"

My bad...I typed HC when I meant to type CF

Agent327

Your behaviour shows otherwise in my opinion. Your reactions do not really show you are amused, nor do they show you are disgusted. What they do show is an eagerness to prove yourself. You are reacting to other players to start an argument. Once you have established that, you keep checking the forum to see if someone responded to you. For that you keep checking in and out on and on. The moment you start to look bad in the discussion, you start removing your posts, to try again some time after that from a different angle. Again, the same behaviour. You don't look good in the argument, so the deleting starts again. How is that not a fascination. Trying to be an appreciated forum user, fail, delete, try again. Trying to be a an appreciated forum user, fail, delete, try again. You have even used different ways of approach to try to get some recognition, of the posters you claim to be a cartel, which in my opinion is the most funny part of it all. What you see as a cartel I know to be posters that can get to into huge arguments with eachother. If that is supposed to be a cartel, it would not last for a week. Only thing that binds them at the moment is you. Your behaviour in starting arguments and than deleting your posts would cause the same reaction on every forum. *

*Just the observation of someone that admits he is on the forum a lot and as such sees a lot.

wolfhoundtoo

Search any of the players you've been reacting with and peruse their postings. You'll find multiple threads where they've clashed with others in this thread I'm sure. You can start with the people you've responded to the most in this thread. It might of been awhile since they've clashed but there's history there for pretty much all of us. It is after all the nature of a forum and posters.

BigBrian614

Please allow us to clarify : The wheel will stop on a prize that is calculated when you start the spin. The spinning itself is an animation, so it makes absolutely no difference where you press stop. I am afraid we will not elaborate any further on the mechanics however (though players are of course free to explore this for themselves!)

Happy gaming folks!
So it is not anything that I am doing to make it land on useless prizes all the time? Nobody is getting anything good? Whew, thanks for clarifying. I thought it was something that I was doing.