• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Summer Event 2021

Larabee

I have a suggestion. How about NOT including items from the "build" menu as prizes? How is my getting a floating garden a "prize"?

Last edited:

Christy03

But most of the prize in the wheel aren't interesting. Prizes supposed to be link to the age of the player. A player in the oceanic age doesn't need for example a 10% gold increase bonus.

Wheel.PNG
I got heart palpitations while the hoodies were refreshing the wheel.

Looks like I got my 2nd GV for this event, and I haven't spent a dime. I LOVE this event!!! I really enjoy the hood component. I love messing with my hoodies over the wheel.

Neighbors should not be allowed to wreck the wheel while someone else is trying to get a prize – especially because people spend diamonds on the wheel. The "refresh wheel" should be locked for 30 seconds after each spin. This is very similar to the programming in the Antiques Dealer.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Neighbors should not be allowed to wreck the wheel while someone else is trying to get a prize – especially because people spend diamonds on the wheel. The "refresh wheel" should be locked for 30 seconds after each spin. This is very similar to the programming in the Antiques Dealer.

But to have something like that, we would need the game to not be managed by corporate as*****s. So of course, it will never happen.

This is a game with thousands of people playing it. You want the wheel locked all the time ?

Emberguard

No. That's dumb. It would only be 30 seconds at a time (usually way less), and there are only 29 prizes on the wheel. Auctions in the Antiques Dealer don't last forever either.
Except Antiques Dealer doesn’t lock someone else out from bidding, it increases the timeframe available for them to counter your bid.

If you lock the summer wheel for 30 seconds with every spin then that also means you can’t get a new prize once you get the prize you’re after. That includes if you refresh and spin into something you don’t want. You might need multiple refreshes to get to a prize you want, but it’ll take a lot longer if it’s locked up

Expletive Deleted

But to have something like that, we would need the game to not be managed by corporate as*****s. So of course, it will never happen.
If that were to be the case you might wait nearly 15 minutes to refresh a wheel while watching someone else spin out for a prize you dont want. If they beat you to the spin they could keep it locked until the wheel ran out.
So not only would you be less likely to come upon a prize you want. Your available time to spin in game might be hijacked by someone else.

The 30 seconds on the AD is to allow a new bid to come in and stop last second snipers from simply dominating by adding 1 point to the bid every time.
By delaying a refresh you're not accomplishing anything but adding lag to the other 70-ish players in your hood because you feel like you deserve the prize.

I spent a lot of diamonds on this event. Made out like a bandit. And spun out several wheels; also refreshed nearly 400 in my farms just for funsies. Which would have taken me over 3 hours if that delay was in place.

Sharmon the Impaler

No. That's dumb. It would only be 30 seconds at a time (usually way less), and there are only 29 prizes on the wheel. Auctions in the Antiques Dealer don't last forever either.

That is only if you think of yourself and nobody else which appears to be the case. What if someone feels like locking the wheel for all 29 rewards and you have to wait for 14 minutes or spin for garbage. Then multiply that by a potential 70 neighbours (16 hours) . Then you are sitting there with 20 doubloons to use to make it even worse. Ya, Inno did this one right and not your way.

Ironrooster

Hmmm... I wonder what the hood thinks when I refresh the wheels with decent gold prizes so nobody can have nice things.
Keep doing it. Saves me having to waste doubloons on refresh to get the gold prizes I want to come up. :D
I haven't had to refresh yet and I have gotten all the gold prizes I wanted coming into this event. Now going after some extra ones.

Sharmon the Impaler

I just ran trough a run at the wheel and both silver that I wanted (TT upgrades and a TT level 1 which was gold was had). @OP just spin faster.

Keep doing it. Saves me having to waste doubloons on refresh to get the gold prizes I want to come up. :D
I haven't had to refresh yet and I have gotten all the gold prizes I wanted coming into this event. Now going after some extra ones.
If I see you chasing after a Governor’s Villa upgrade kit, I hope you enjoy the saved doubloon when the wheel refreshes in front of your eyes.

If you lock the summer wheel for 30 seconds with every spin then that also means you can’t get a new prize once you get the prize you’re after.
No, it means you wait 30 seconds to spin again. Is that a terrible burden? And from what I've seen, repeatedly hitting "refresh" is about the dumbest strategy in the event.

Why does Inno want players to play stupid? Why is it so important to allow neighbors to sabotage each other? I think only a sadist would think this is a "benefit" and a "fun" part of the game.

RazorbackPirate

No, it means you wait 30 seconds to spin again. Is that a terrible burden? And from what I've seen, repeatedly hitting "refresh" is about the dumbest strategy in the event.

Why does Inno want players to play stupid? Why is it so important to allow neighbors to sabotage each other? I think only a sadist would think this is a "benefit" and a "fun" part of the game.
Why should the wheel wait 30 seconds? The prize is awarded instantly, meaning the wheel is free to spin, instantly. 30 seconds of inactivity for what? Someone spun so now we have to watch the paint dry on the last spin? No thanks.

Not a sadist, but I have no issues with competing against my hoodies for prizes from the wheel.

you might wait nearly 15 minutes to refresh a wheel ...
Classic whataboutism ... "What about this thing that might happen 5% of the time? Oh noes!!"

If that were to be the case you might wait nearly 15 minutes to refresh a wheel while watching someone else spin out for a prize you dont want.
So what? Do something else for a few minutes. That's nothing compared to monitoring the wheel all day until a halfway decent prize appears without wasting hard-earned Doubloons on endless refreshes.

Your available time to spin in game might be hijacked by someone else.
No, there is plenty of time to spin the wheel. The wheel often sits there untouched for an hour. Hijacked is what happens when someone comes along and refreshes while you're spinning as fast as possible to win the top prize.

Which would have taken me over 3 hours if that delay was in place.
That's a wild exaggeration.

Last edited by a moderator: