• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

1.9 Threads

Reading through the posts on the forum, I have seen a number of references to 1.9 Threads, which seems to have something to do with contributing Forge Points in an organized manner to maximize the benefits from leveling up Great Buildings. I have searched the Forum but have found no explanation of how this works.

Can anyone enlighten me? It would be greatly appreciated.

Ebeondi Asi

It is based on the Great Building Arc. The Arc main reward is an additional payment back for rewards you win when placing Forge Points on others Great Buildings. Each additional level up on the owner's Arc gives the owner a greater added return from winning the rewards in others Great Buildings.
When the Arc reaches level 60 that is the 1.8 times the reward given. At 70 The reward won is 1.85 (Sometimes you may see those threads too)
the main point is at level 80 on Arc. where the Arc returns 1.9 times the posted reward of any Great Building (if you win that reward,)
THe 1.9 have become the standard of many threads. as it is a plateau of sorts in leveling the Arc.
There are even threads with 1.92 returns which is Arc at level 100

The calculations of 1.9 times the base reward might make some people shy away. But there are many things that do the calculations for the person. The best one IMO is to own a level 80 Arc. then the amount you have to pay to be at the 1.9 is automatically listed on the GB you are donating to.
And the main reason to own a level 80 Arc is to be able to take part in helping others in the 1.9 and never lose a single FP but gain endless Medals,blueprints and the knowledge you are helping your mates and they are helping you grow your GBs.

A few important things about using a 1.9 thread. usually you cannot have swap FPs added from others and use a 1.9 thread. Also it is critical to have exactly the correct number (or more) of forge Points the owner added to create "Lock" Lock is so no other person can steal the position a player using the 1.9 has paid for.
This stuff comes with working the 1.9 threads. In general using a 1.9 thread is a precise math problem. sloppy does not go well with 1.9 work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification.

It'll be a while before I even have a level 1 Arc. I do have a couple of blueprints, but I'm still in EMA and plan to stay there a while, building up resources before moving up, so there's no chance of getting the goods for one, let alone getting it to level 80.

Something to aspire to.

NWWolverine

It'll be a while before I even have a level 1 Arc. I do have a couple of blueprints, but I'm still in EMA and plan to stay there a while, building up resources before moving up, so there's no chance of getting the goods for one, let alone getting it to level 80.

Something to aspire to.
When you get close on the prints needed, ask your guild who trades for the goods needed to build the Arc. That's what I did. One of my cities is only EMA and I have an Arc by doing just that. Also, if you guild has a 1.9 thread, ask them to save the position 4 or 5 for you. It's the cheapest way to get the prints. If you're in a decent guild, they'll be happy to because the Arc benefits them more than you.

RazorbackPirate

Something to aspire to.
I had an Arc by HMA, level 80 before leaving LMA. There are ways to get the goods.

When you get close on the prints needed, ask your guild who trades for the goods needed to build the Arc. That's what I did. One of my cities is only EMA and I have an Arc by doing just that. Also, if you guild has a 1.9 thread, ask them to save the position 4 or 5 for you. It's the cheapest way to get the prints. If you're in a decent guild, they'll be happy to because the Arc benefits them more than you.
My guild does not have a thread on 1.9. In fact, I think only one member has an Arc. Maybe I should look for a better guild...

The Lady Redneck

I had my Arc to 80 before I left Iron Age. but I was in a world where I did have a lot of friends to help. Even so it was still hard work. Best way to get BPs for Arc is to try to grab 5th spot on someone who is leveling theirs and also make sure that you have a lot of people on your friends list who are in FE, Most GBs are age specific ARC is an FE GB so aiding FE buildings will help you get the BPs.

DevaCat

Baby Arcs are hungry little beasties! So while collecting prints it’s wise to work on getting your daily fp collection up, to be able to level that Arc when the time comes. It’s a long road to 80 and prepping the city before placing the Arc pays off by speeding up that trip.

Look for a guild with an active 1.9 for sure, for Arc prints opportunities and to level your other GBs. Ideal would be one with a range of high-mid-low age players to increase chances of getting into a private Arc leveling group (one method for early leveling). You can look to see if they have a dedicated Arc leveling thread - that’s a good sign of activity.

Interesting wrinkle now is that with Gbg demands on guild treasuries, guilds who are into it have an interest in getting your Arc built and leveled asap. They will essentially give you Arc goods for whatever goods you happen to have, no fps required, and they will help you get the prints you’ll need.

Good luck! It’s a trip well worth taking

Algona

My guild does not have a thread on 1.9. In fact, I think only one member has an Arc. Maybe I should look for a better guild...

Welcome to the forum and the game!

Unsolicited advice, make of it what you will.

NOTE WELL! I am NOT advising your to leave your current Guild. If you are enjoying yourself there, stay!

Since the advent of GBG fastest game state advancement rests on three aspects of the game.*

Joining a good Guild, getting lvl 80 Arc, heavy GBG participation. The latter two are both objective and dependent on the former.

A good Guild is absolutely critical to happiness and success in this game.

There are a lot of good Guilds in the game, but like shoes finding just the right fit makes all the difference.

Take a bit of time, identify what you enjoy in the game, what you dislike, what you want to learn, and what you want to do with your city.

As a new player, you prolly want to find a Guild that is strong on teaching new players. If you;re interested in an Arc, you'll want a Guild with 1.9 and lots of Arcs. If you wanna do GBG look for a Platinume or Diamond Guild. If you like GE, trading Goods, GvG, active socially, whatever, look for Guilds Guilds that do those activities.

Don't join a Guild that has requirements or rules you don;t like or want.

Talk to your Friends in game, see if they have recommendations, talk to the leadership and members of Guilds you are considering.

Choose the Guild that feels best.

Understand that players and Guilds change over time as players grow and leave and join.

There's nothing wrong with leaving a Guild that you've outgrown.

Good luck!

* Much more important though is what you bring to the game.

Patience, a willingness to lean, strategic long term planning, and time in game are critical to success in this game.

Emberguard

If you love your current guild there is an alternative. Ask on Global Chat if there are any Cross-Guild/Global 1.9 threads out there. You may be able to get into a 1.9 group without leaving your guild

I joined a guild on a new world (where I am still in the Bronze Age). While it bills itself as a newcomers guild, there are some clearly long-standing players and it is VERY active with FP swap threads. This has given me a much better idea of what a guild should be.

Sometime in the near future I will be shopping for a new guild on my primary world.

Thanks to everyone for the help!

Cyrus the Adequate

Something to aspire to.
I have two cities in EMA and one in HMA. All three have Arcs. You can absolutely do it, but you need help from the guild to collect the BPs (use slots 4 and 5 on someone else's Arc) and the Goods.