• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.213

Cptvkirk

a couple questions about the changes listed in this update:

1. How are founders selected in the event of one going inactive? i thought members of a guild had to reach out to support to get a new founder appointed (which presumably had some level of thought invested in the selection process.) what defines an inactive founder to trigger another being appointed?

2. what is the point of having the warning msg for ignored sectors in gbg if it can be disabled in options? ..not that it helped anyone figure out who is going off the rails anyway but asking for an activity log is like asking motor heads the best type of oil to use. Still stumped how a feature of a strategy game lacks either controls or information on what is taking place in the guild. I understand no restrictive controls in what is supposed to be a permissive environment but no ability to identify someone not supporting the team's applied strategy remains a frustration for many.

Emberguard

How are founders selected in the event of one going inactive? i thought members of a guild had to reach out to support to get a new founder appointed (which presumably had some level of thought invested in the selection process.) what defines an inactive founder to trigger another being appointed?
It’s automatically handled by the system after 30 days of inactivity from all founders.

Emberguard

who would be selected? highest points?, point change?, most talkative?, longest time logged in? some calculated scoring of all factors?
First and primary factor is whoever is already assigned the Leader role

If there’s multiple Leaders pretty sure it goes to the oldest city from date of creation

The Lady Redneck

But if one of the the absent founders/leaders logs in for a few seconds once a month and does one action in the guild (could just be collect from one building) the system sees him as an active founder so will NOT re-asign someone else. So the guild will remain dead. And the official line is that INNO does not interfere in guild matters. So support will not do one dang thing other than ask why you are bothering and tell you to go find anothet guild.

The Lady Redneck

Why would you stay in a dead guild anyway?
I became curious about all those sitting in dead guilds. Why did they do it? I made the effort to start talking in some of those guilds and got a response from quite a few guys in them. OK I know for me (and most of us) our natural instinct when trying something new is to find out how it works. But not everyone is like that. A lot have never played any sort of online game at all. Or had only dabbled with basic word games or candy crush stuff. And just do not think beyond the tutorial. The games they had played did all the thinking for them and all they had to do was press a couple of buttons. They thought playing the game at that simple level was all there was to it. Some are scared to try stuff in case they screw things up. Some (on Beta) landed in English speaking guilds and could not speak the language. And some did not realize that the game requires you to communicate with other players. Some genuinely had no interest at all in playing anything other than a solitary game. On Beta I got quite a few into guilds that did speak their language and they are now playing the game. Others I encouraged to explore all the different parts of the game. It was an eye opener to them and could not believe they had sat like dummies for so long. And some had tried to find a live guild and had given up. One of the common responses was "And we can do this without spending money?" Most wanted to stay where they were and build up the guild they were in. But most of the founders never responded, or those who did (Even on Beta) were complete beginners themselves and did not have a clue about what was involved in running a guild or how to advise any of the members. I did tell then how to find an active guild, and most did that. And some are now spending money on the game.

When I first started doing this I was a multi world player, and soon realized that it is the same on every server. They all have high numbers of similar dead guilds and potential customers. The numbers have risen over the years. On one hand I felt sorry for these guys. On the other my business head saw the lack of revenue. And INNO is not ignorant of the fact, Anyone can look up the number of active and inactive players there are. I have on a number of occasions got in touch with suppoort and got the bog standard " We do not interfere in guild affairs" and " The system automatically assigns a new founder if a founder has been inactive for 30 day" . I proved the latter to be false by sitting in a guild for over 30 days and it did not happen. When I told support that they said all it takes is for the founder to log into the guild do one action (collect something) them log out again for the system to see him (and therefor his guild) as active so will not apoint a new founder. It was then that I got the response to forget about it and why not find another guild. So after years of arguing back and forth I decided enough was enough as far as the farce that is Beta was concerned and I deleted my city there. I asked myself is the game really worth any effort now. As it obviously does not honestly have any care about building a long term customer base any longer. Then I see in the latest update that they have corrected a fault where they system was not assigning a new leader after the old one had been inactive for 30 days. (wry grin)

Last edited:

Emberguard

Some genuinely had no interest at all in playing anything other than a solitary game.
This is going to be a big issue for anyone that plays the game. You could hypothetically play it solo, but good luck getting the resources you need reliably for completing Events and leveling Great Buildings if you're doing that.

Emberguard

We do not interfere in guild affairs" and " The system automatically assigns a new founder if a founder has been inactive for 30 day"
it obviously does not honestly have any care about building a long term customer base any longer.
They care, but there's good reason to let the system handle the handing over of Founders. People make mistakes unintentionally. If anyone can contact support to change the Founder willy nilly then anyone can just take over any Guild they choose. Removing support from the equation means you can't coerce or manipulate support into gaining access to something that doesn't belong to you.

Obviously in the case you've stated Support didn't pick up on the bug. It's possible if you didn't have access to the activity indicator to check that the Founder for your particular case had logged on and you just didn't see it. They don't need to touch anything, they just need to log on. It's also possible they didn't log on and whoever looked it over misinterpreted the data. However if there is a genuine problem it's better to report it as the more people that do so the more eyes there are to look it over and catch something being amiss.

Normally there'd be a argument against adding Guild members to your Friends List. Now that activity indicators are on the lists we as players have a way of tracking that 30 days for Founder inactivity providing someone has them on their Friends List

The Lady Redneck

@ Emberguard I agree 100% that checks have to be in place when it comes to changing of guild founders. That is imperative. The case I mentioned was just 1 example. Over the time I contacted support. i have spoken to other players who also raised tickets concerning the same issue. All hit the same brick wall. It should have been acted upon and corrected sooner. But at least it seems to have been corrected now.

I'm unable to "Hide Conversation" in the Social tab. Clicking in the box to add a check mark does nothing. I reloaded the game but got the same result.

[Edit] This happens in both the browser and mobile (Android) versions of the game.

Last edited:

Portia the Benevolent

I like it okay, but I humbly suggest two things:
1. Switch GB contribution and message tabs. Since messages are used the most they should be right next to where you just clicked the tabs open. Having to then move your hand ALL THE WAY to the other side table is not well-thought out.
2. Totally close left menu when not in use. Research and map do not need to be visible at all times.

And while we’re at it, if one small tab needs to be open all the time shouldn’t it be MESSAGES?

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am having an issue with opening the new right hand interface (the one that includes messages) when there is an exclamation showing. If I spam click it will eventually open. Seems to work fine when there is no exclamation mark. Android, latest available version.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Placing the chat button on the main screen on mobile seems a really stupid UI interface design to me. Many, if not most players have zero interest in visiting that cesspool.

It appears that it was removed from the right hand interface so that a new GBG icon could be added. Why do we need a GBG icon? For that matter why do we need a GE icon anymore??? Both of those have buildings outside your city for access. What is next, removing messages from the interface so you can add a PvP icon?

To make matters even worse, the special offer for diamonds icon is now pushed out further into our city.

Terrible, terrible UI design.

haggy

Don’t like the new update. Everything went smaller and harder to see. Especially on an iPhone. Since you don’t let us make the fonts and notification boxes larger, you should consider that a lot (if not most) players of this game are mature adults (you know the time when eyes starten to not see so well any more lol) so making all the buttons etc smaller is only making it worse. You had a great lay out before this morning, why did you had to mess with it?