• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.214

Pericles the Lion

While it may be a non-issue for you it's not for a number of other players and this is a feedback thread. It's an issue for me because it's a feature that I and the majority of players (and I'll say "majority" based on the responses in this thread as well at the feedback thread in beta) neither need nor want. This feature provides no benefit to all but a few players (at best) but lots of annoyance for all. That's my feedback.

Johnny B. Goode

While it may be a non-issue for you it's not for a number of other players and this is a feedback thread. It's an issue for me because it's a feature that I and the majority of players (and I'll say "majority" based on the responses in this thread as well at the feedback thread in beta) neither need nor want. This feature provides no benefit to all but a few players (at best) but lots of annoyance for all. That's my feedback.
Man, all I got to say is that if this causes you "lots of annoyance" then you're doing something wrong. And you have no idea if the "majority of players" needs or wants it. As has been said, the number of posters on this Forum (and the Beta one, too) is a fraction of a tiny percentage of the player population. This button is no hindrance at all except for the first battle or two. Then, if you still have problems with it, it's you and not the button that's the issue. Like I said earlier, the "OK" button is only slightly moved, so the adjustment is minor at worst.

jah5446

The Heal All button needs to be moved either to the far left or above "my armies".
Update been in effect for less than two hours and I have inadvertently hit the heal all button at least 10 times.
If I did not have confirm diamond spending turned on I would have spent numerous diamonds. The diamond heal function is something I have probably used less than ten times in 7+ years.
Fix this positioning issue or be ready to refund diamonds in mass for your poorly placed "upgrade"

BeeWise

Not sure when it happened, since i dont update app (android) everytime...but does it annoy anyone else that the icons in the bottom tray change positions (i think depending on if they have notification badge).

King Robbo

Again, this is a ridiculous argument over a non-issue. It only takes a little practice (like two battles) to learn the new position and adjust accordingly. I just fought in both GE and GBG and had no issues at all with the new "Heal All" button's placement. If you're used to having your cursor over a certain point to hit the "OK" button, just make that slight adjustment to the new position (which is less than a quarter inch below the old position.) Honestly, much ado about nothing.
if your not playing GvG

Agent327

Again, this is a ridiculous argument over a non-issue. It only takes a little practice (like two battles) to learn the new position and adjust accordingly. I just fought in both GE and GBG and had no issues at all with the new "Heal All" button's placement. If you're used to having your cursor over a certain point to hit the "OK" button, just make that slight adjustment to the new position (which is less than a quarter inch below the old position.) Honestly, much ado about nothing.

My thoughts exactly. Once you know how it works, you slightly move your cursor during the pop-up and you will lose no speed at all. You are perfectly in place for the next click.

Agent327

Saying it is a non-issue is also feedback. Feedback is not something appointed solely to those that do not agree with changes made. In a game of over 50 million registered players the majority is not the 50 that complain on forums.

Kitdihn

I agree with the comments about the placement of the new "Heal All" button being extremely inconvenient. It lines up exactly with where your mouse was when you hit "Autobattle" instead of the "OK" or "Sabotage" button like before. It even shifts the 2nd "Autobattle" button out of alignment in a two-wave batter. I have almost spent diamonds accidentally multiple time already. I had to turn the confirmations back on to be safe. It definitely slows you down and introduces risk of accidentally spending diamonds when you don't want to. I don't even think it is a useful feature since I never heal my troops with diamonds. Can't the windows just line up the way they did before (even with the silly new button)? We have very strong muscle-memory for the old sequence of clicks. It also forces extra, unnecessary mouse movements. I already have carpal tunnel! :confused:

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

if your not playing GvG
Battle is battle. It's all in what you're used to. You all are used to the "OK" button being in a particular place. If you all would quit complaining and instead spend a few minutes adapting to the new position, you'd see that it's not even a minor issue. And having a "Heal All" button is probably a boon to players who do spend Diamonds to heal. I like it because I can now see at a glance how much damage I've taken in a battle wave.

Kitdihn

Battle is battle. It's all in what you're used to. You all are used to the "OK" button being in a particular place. If you all would quit complaining and instead spend a few minutes adapting to the new position, you'd see that it's not even a minor issue. And having a "Heal All" button is probably a boon to players who do spend Diamonds to heal. I like it because I can now see at a glance how much damage I've taken in a battle wave.
This is not very helpful... you clearly are not listening to the arguments. Hundreds of additional mouse movements per day + delays due to mis-clicks and warning dismissals = bad design. We are not complaining - we are offering valid feedback (which is the purpose of this forum). It can be solved with a few simple adjustments, which is what we are asking for.

K-Lord

I've been playing almost five years. During that time I have never registered for the forum despite being ranked #13 on Q world. Until now. Based on this issue.

This KILLS fast fighting in GVG which is the only tool that non-cheating guilds have to combat illicit macros used by cheating guilds. HORRIBLE!

Sharmon the Impaler

You just fought in GbG when it ended two days ago and before the update was released ?

BruteForceAttack

One or two or 10 battles don't matter much. Guilds that are truly in war and play this game for just that are impacted. We take a GbG sector without camps in less then 30 secs, we need to break 20-50 of sieges on 1 tile in GVG, this requires us to be fast. This update just slows us down, whereas guilds that use scripts are not slowed down, because all they need to do is change the script to point to a different x,y position. You are on S-world take a peek in FE map tonight in GVG.

It doesn't slow everyone down, it only slows guilds/players who don't use scripts. Inno hasn't done enough to prevent/identify/punish/ script users.

Johnny B. Goode

It can be solved with a few simple adjustments,
No, it can be solved by one simple adjjustment...by you. The placement is fine. If it's a problem for you, then you are the problem.
Hundreds of additional mouse movements per day
Seriously now. I play on 10 worlds and fight every day on all but one...and as soon as it gets into Iron Age I will be fighting every day in it, too. No additional mouse movements have been required in any of my fights so far. I adjusted to the new placement of the "OK" button in seconds.
You just fought in GbG when it ended two days ago and before the update was released ?
Yeah, my bad. GE and PVP Arena. If you all would like, I could go take a few GvG tiles just to test that...but I know there will be no problems doing that, either.

Since most of the people that are fine (or even happy) with the change don't come here, but the few that don't like it always do, it makes it look like this is an unpopular change. I doubt that it is. I would bet anything that the vast majority of players either don't care about it, didn't even notice it, or like it.

One or two or 10 battles don't matter much. Guilds that are truly in war and play this game for just that are impacted. We take a GbG sector without camps in less then 30 secs, we need to break 20-50 of sieges on 1 tile in GVG, this requires us to be fast. This update just slows us down, whereas guilds that use scripts are not slowed down, because all they need to do is change the script to point to a different x,y position. You are on S-world take a peek in FE map tonight in GVG.
You do realize that it's only a tiny fraction of the player base that even participates in GvG, right? And of that tiny fraction, an even smaller fraction is possibly negatively affected by this. And as I said, I would bet that literally 90% of the active player base either likes it, doesn't care or hasn't even noticed it.

BruteForceAttack

No, it can be solved by one simple adjjustment...by you. The placement is fine. If it's a problem for you, then you are the problem.

Seriously now. I play on 10 worlds and fight every day on all but one...and as soon as it gets into Iron Age I will be fighting every day in it, too. No additional mouse movements have been required in any of my fights so far. I adjusted to the new placement of the "OK" button in seconds.

Yeah, my bad. GE and PVP Arena. If you all would like, I could go take a few GvG tiles just to test that...but I know there will be no problems doing that, either.

Since most of the people that are fine (or even happy) with the change don't come here, but the few that don't like it always do, it makes it look like this is an unpopular change. I doubt that it is. I would bet anything that the vast majority of players either don't care about it, didn't even notice it, or like it.

You do realize that it's only a tiny fraction of the player base that even participates in GvG, right? And of that tiny fraction, an even smaller fraction is possibly negatively affected by this. And as I said, I would bet that literally 90% of the active player base either likes it, doesn't care or hasn't even noticed it.

It's not just GVG, ALL fights on PC are impacted. To repeat again in GBG wars, we don't have have diamond confirmation enabled so as to quickly build buildings... earlier during fast fights we used to accidently heal an unit...now the accident will cauze a lot of diamonds.

By your own accord if 90% of the ppl are not impacted...why spend time to implement a feature that most of the 10% literally hate? Don't they have better things to do that will improve 90 to 100% of the player base?

Last edited:

Agent327

This is not very helpful... you clearly are not listening to the arguments. Hundreds of additional mouse movements per day + delays due to mis-clicks and warning dismissals = bad design. We are not complaining - we are offering valid feedback (which is the purpose of this forum). It can be solved with a few simple adjustments, which is what we are asking for.

Yes, you are offering valid feedback, but in a way that makes you think the world is ending. Hundreds of additional mouse movements per day??? Delays due to mis-clicks???? Warning dismissals??? Come on! How about you just pay attention to what you do and stop the blind clicking. Get the hang of it and in no time you can start clicking blind again.

I've been playing almost five years. During that time I have never registered for the forum despite being ranked #13 on Q world. Until now. Based on this issue.

Beats me what a players rank has to do with registering for the forum.

This KILLS fast fighting in GVG which is the only tool that non-cheating guilds have to combat illicit macros used by cheating guilds. HORRIBLE!

It does not kill fast fighting. Maybe it does for you, but not for me and probably not for others. I just do not expect them to register to the forum to tell it does not effect them.