• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.214

Emberguard

Current:

unknown.png

Suggested Change:

unknown.png

By moving Heal All next to "Your Army" you could keep the old size for the interface exactly as it was before while adding the new button. This will allow it to fit in both single and double wave battles, keeping players happy that they can retain their strategy for fast fighting while also speeding up the healing process for those that want to heal all their units

RedR0ck

By moving Heal All next to "Your Army" you could keep the old size for the interface exactly as it was before while adding the new button. This will allow it to fit in both single and double wave battles, keeping players happy that they can retain their strategy for fast fighting while also speeding up the healing process for those that want to heal all their units
Players: suggest a really nice idea.
Inno: we don't do that here.

Nobufusa

Boy... You guys are so upset over a button. I like it. It has already saved me a lot of time. I'm done GE in a day. I think you all need to chill and take a walk or something. This is a game. A button isn't the end of the world.

I'd also like to point out that most people who like the change won't take the time to comment. You only ever hear the negative comments.
We heard your pointless comment Talking about GE as if that is where the complaint lies. In BG the placement just makes it awkward taking fluidity away from the fighter. In GVG it is absolutely crippling because of how the clicking has to happen for any kind of speed.

iPenguinPat

Have to say I am getting a bit annoyed with this let's flood Support so we will get what we want attitude....Drive them away and you will have no Support at all. Is that what you want?

If players provide tons of feedback that this is an unacceptable change, and devs ignore that feedback on the forums, what other options to players have? If you have a better recommendation for getting changes like this reverted, we're all ears.

Flooding support is one way to tangibly affect the bottom line. Support will have too many tickets to help new players (inno's bread and butter spenders). Lack of support will generate negative reviews which also could deter new players. If support quits, then inno has to play to hire someone. Even bringing in volunteers costs money.

Only other option is to quit. (Probably the best option if 2021 is a sign of things to come)

Lots of people seem to be quitting/retiring, myself included. Used to be a common threat with no follow through. Judging by the number of top 200 on us10 that have quit in the last 6-12 months, seems like it's finally happening. I'm only here now because a few of my friends asked me to stop in. :oops:

Sharmon the Impaler

If players provide tons of feedback that this is an unacceptable change, and devs ignore that feedback on the forums, what other options to players have? If you have a better recommendation for getting changes like this reverted, we're all ears.

Flooding support is one way to tangibly affect the bottom line. Support will have too many tickets to help new players (inno's bread and butter spenders). Lack of support will generate negative reviews which also could deter new players. If support quits, then inno has to play to hire someone. Even bringing in volunteers costs money.

Only other option is to quit. (Probably the best option if 2021 is a sign of things to come)

Lots of people seem to be quitting/retiring, myself included. Used to be a common threat with no follow through. Judging by the number of top 200 on us10 that have quit in the last 6-12 months, seems like it's finally happening. I'm only here now because a few of my friends asked me to stop in. :oops:

I am sure that your 11K YouTube followers won't notice a video showing your disgust at the lack of developer attention to feedback and just ramming whatever they feel like down our throats.

Kyogre

I know that this is a minor issue, but these new targets, i don't like them as much as the old ones. I wish there was an option to switch them back from person to person. Maybe an old look menu where you can revert it to the old look would be a nice change

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

I know that this is a minor issue, but these new targets, i don't like them as much as the old ones. I wish there was an option to switch them back from person to person. Maybe an old look menu where you can revert it to the old look would be a nice change
Maybe a legacy texture pack, where we can get all the old game artwork that's been changed over the years. The old GB textures (looking at you my dear DT!!!!! Loved that thing until the textures got changed), the old city background, etc etc etc. It would be kinda cool.

Jes JoeKing

Looking at the latest changes from Inno, there are some features that are positive and obviously some negative. Obviously I have probbaly overlooked some of the changes, but I am only commenting on the ones I have come across thus far.

Positives:
- Cycling of each troop that needs Training when they are killed off on multiple placed Rogue Dens or placed Military Building
- Marker Icon in GBG to mark Target or indicate Stop - although this is also a negative due to the size of the icons that overwhelms the placed flag on the province
- In the Event History you can now click on Visit Tavern and it grays out after you visit and it does not open their tavern any longer.

Negatives:
- Yellow background on chat window. Causing readability issues with the colors. Text should pop not cause someone to stare at it to see everything. More common issue with older people especially those that wear glasses.
- Removal of "Whisper" feature in the chat window. I know my guild used this feature during GVG to coordinate with those that are assigned an initial Era to fight without having to post attack orders to the entire guild. Also was nice to chat with someone individually without everything posting to Global Chat or Guild Chat depending who you were talking with.
- Obviously the elephant in the room issue the "Heal all" button and it's placement of the fight screen. This has got to be the most moronic of all of them.

Other negatives outside of this update:
SC rewards were nerfed
HC rewards nerfed
TOR - rewards are negligible.
Flying Island is overall useless and is about the same as a TOR

Obviously these are just my opinions, but wanted to show there are positive reviews that are posted along with negative feedback.

Last edited:

Agent327

If changes made you guys do not like are not changed back within a day you already feel ignored and the threats start flying. My recommendation would be to give it some time and at least try to give your feedback in a respectfull way. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Brunenjii

If changes made you guys do not like are not changed back within a day you already feel ignored and the threats start flying. My recommendation would be to give it some time and at least try to give your feedback in a respectfull way. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Honey huh? That's rich coming from you.

Players have every right to feel that their feedback is being ignored with regard to the Heal All button.
There has been no acknowledgment of the feedback from Inno.
The feedback was ignored on the beta servers (in that this button made it to the live servers) and there's no reason to think it will be any different here.

As for my feedback:
I don't think a heal all button is needed, but if Inno feels that it is, I can think of a few places they can put it.
I also prefer the old chat colours.
I do like the event log changes, so good job on that.

203iceman

Yes it will slow me down, but not just me. It will slow everybody down, so I still have a level playing field. I need to pay a little more attention to be fast, but that will become something I will be used to in no time. Not really that big a deal.
So let me get this straight? Your fix for the bot problem in your game was to create an instant windfall in diamonds with a really poor placement of the heal all button on the GBG card? P.S. and by the way, you stopped nothing with this move. You did how ever create a new way of filling your pockets. Cheating players can simply re-index the auto clicker program and continue to cheat! The blind leading the stupid!

The Lady Redneck

It is always good to start with something positive.

1. A big thank you INNO for finally attending to greying out the Tavern button when aiding and tavern sitting via the Townhall. That is saving me a lot of time.

2. Although I never heal troops in any battle scenario (unless they are Advanced age troops and those I would revive individually) I can understand a heal all button being appreciated by a some players. However the placement of that button appears to have been done in a very amateurish manner. Maybe the designer has little or no experience of the scope of this game. It is not simply a mindless space invaders type game where all that matters is to zap as many enemy as possible. It is an Empire building game where many things have to continually be in play. One of those is diamond use for other aspects of the game besides using them for battle. I might even decide to use a heal all option in the future for some reason . But I do not like the placement of the button at all. And can see it causing a lot of aggravation to a lot of players. Which does not make for good customer relations or client confidence. Both of which are at a low and have been for a while. It should be moved away from the essential ones. Emberguards' solution is excellent. As it stands at the moment I do find it an irritation and counter productive. But one I will learn to ignore.

3. For me personally, the worst change in this update are the changes to the Chat window. The colors are like something from back in the early days of computing before it was realized how damaging bad color combinations could be. A lot of research went into improving this which seems to have been ignored in this instance. The whisper function also served a very good purpose both in GvG and to some extent GBG as well to get immediate info to those involved.

I do appreciate that the game developers are trying to make efforts to keep the game current. But it seems to me that they are not looking at the whole game any longer. Or even that they really have any concept of what this game actually is. And that is sad.

Last edited:

Insatiable1

You can activate the pop-up that warns you if you are spending diamonds. That will stop you from accidently spending diamonds. If you decide not to use it or ignore it, that's your own problem.

Have to say I am getting a bit annoyed with this let's flood Support so we will get what we want attitude. Those guys and girls handling Support are players just like you and me. They are not responsible for decisions made by Inno. They are doing the best they can. Drive them away and you will have no Support at all. Is that what you want?
I have seen Inno moving the position of the Medals purchase button with the Diamond purchase button in the PVP tower...trying to sneak in a few accidental diamond spends. This HEAL ALL button in GvG and GBG, in the position I it is in, is nothing more than Inno trying to sneak in a way to deplete players Diamonds in the hopes that they buy more. There are much better ways to increase sales. Inno's Sales department should be fired for this last stunt. If this update is not gone by the end of this GBG season, myself and many others will be quitting the game...leaving Inno with no chance of selling us diamonds at all. The customers were complaining about players using Macros to win GBG and GvG. This response only hurts those that played fairly. Macros users need only to rewrite their mouse scripts in order to continue. Yes, the change makes it easier to see when players/guilds are using Macros...but they are hurting those that follow the rules in the process and driving them away from the game. I did 2 sectors in GBG today and was so disgusted by the change that I don't want to even look at that map anymore...and I am not the only one. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give this update a -25.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'll respond to this further, since Agent's original comment was directed to me.

I was advocating for people to demand their diamonds back from CS due to Inno's change, not for people to spam CS just because they don't like the change.

I firmly believe that anyone that lost diamonds accidently due to this change should absolutely open a ticket asap, since this is a time sensitive issue regarding what CS can do, and no one should be forced to potentially lose real world money due to the developer's bad design.

Sometimes demanding what is right is the only way to get a company's attention, and if legitimate demands flood CS and cause issues because of that, then so be it.