• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Difficult Daily Challenges in IA

Periclez

My new city is in Carthage and still in IA. Three of my last five Daily Challenges have included a "complex negotiation" and today's included a "very complex negotiation". The goods required to complete any of these negotiations significantly exceed my daily goods production. I've no event buildings yet, no GBs that produce goods, and these negotiations would be impossible to complete without spending a lot of diamonds. I've chosen not to do them. In my LMA city I've never seen a "very complex negotiation" and "complex negotiations" appear in Daily Challenges approx. twice monthly. So I am wondering why my Daily Challenge difficulty is higher in my IA city than in my LMA city and to the point that it would require many diamonds. Did I do something there that triggered this??

Last edited:
Like you, I have a city in Carthage. Today's quest requires a "moderate negotiation" which requires 3 goods I have insufficient stocks of. I don't even have any way of trading to acquire those stocks.

Today's quest just isn't going to get done...

I don't think you did anything, it's just the luck of the draw.

Periclez

Complex negotiations I got are 5 wide , 10 possible goods with 7 goods required per choice. Very complex negotiation was 5 wide, 9 possible goods and 9 goods required per choice.

Last edited:

Periclez

Like you, I have a city in Carthage. Today's quest requires a "moderate negotiation" which requires 3 goods I have insufficient stocks of. I don't even have any way of trading to acquire those stocks.

Today's quest just isn't going to get done...

I don't think you did anything, it's just the luck of the draw.
I could do the one you got, because I do have means to trade, but probably would still choose not to depending on the reward expected. Nonetheless that difficulty is normal in my previous experience in IA. Mine were/are 2 to 3 times more costly and I've had 4 in less than a week.

Aethelcatt VIII

I routinely ignore those negotiations from daily challenges that are characterized as "complex" without a second thought. Spending that many goods (and potentially diamonds) for a fragment of a wishing well, or an elephant fountain, or a 10% chance at a rogue is just not worth it.

Of course, now that the daily challenges come with 100 castle points, I may give them a second thought on some day with my castle is getting close to an upgrade.

P C C

I routinely ignore those negotiations from daily challenges that are characterized as "complex" without a second thought. Spending that many goods (and potentially diamonds) for a fragment of a wishing well, or an elephant fountain, or a 10% chance at a rogue is just not worth it.

Of course, now that the daily challenges come with 100 castle points, I may give them a second thought on some day with my castle is getting close to an upgrade.
You also should consider each DC as counting for one seventh of the value of the chest you get every 7 completed DC. And that chest also gives castle points now so add that to the 100. (But for less developed cities, it may still be too costly.)

Agent327

They are Daily Challenges. They are supposed to be hard and the same in every era. They are not higher in IA than they are in LMA. In LMA you are just more adept to complete them.