• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Sniping

jeffj2

Thanks for the info. Agree with your strategy. I will also get a warm fuzzy, knowing that you locked up their FPs because they are being turds.
There are multiple ways to play. I'm trying to play as a generally nice guy, and not play as a turd.

Pericles the Lion

I just had 2 snipers take my #1 and #2 positions on one of my GB's for a loss to me of 279 fp's (Level 42 and just listed on 1.9 thread, perfect timing...). I messaged both of them asking whether they intended to snipe or could they add the missing fp's(I've had great success with this in the past). One never responded and the other taunted me. I've placed that GB on the shelf until Christmas and will be working all my other GB's until then ( we all have plenty of others that need leveled). I also notified them of this decision and then, labeled them to be ignored. One has over 1000fp's invested and the other, exactly 500. So be careful how much you're willing to risk when you decide to snipe as there are those out there, like myself, that will enjoy the challenge. This is 365th day playing FOE! Merry Christmas!
Sorry to mess with your warm fuzzy feeling but the snipers won't care. I currently have over 35K fps invested in other player's GBs and collect a profit averaging over 1000 fps daily. I sniped a player's ARC back in March and he disconnected it from a road to retaliate. He's still playing, it's still disconnected, and my investment is hanging fire. So what? Every time I see it in my listing I laugh. He's only hurting himself and the other people that invested in his GB. The players that sniped your GB will simply wait you out. 1000 fps is no big deal to a serious sniper. It's best to learn from the experience, not unlock levels in the sweet spot until you have investors ready to take P1 and P2, and move on.

Meat Butcher

A few years ago I sniped an Arc it was in the 60's so a nice profit.
The GB owner messaged me with:
"Hey meat, I might be more motivated to level my Arc if you upped your donation to 1.9%, if not I am not sure how long your investment may sit there."

I responded with:
"If I did not have half a million FP's in my inventory (screenshot included in the message) I might be motivated to listen to you."

It leveled a few hours later.

jeffj2

Ok, good info, even though my warm fuzzy has dissipated. Not sure how great that profit was for you (Meat) since you already had 500k fps.
Is there a table somewhere that shows where the Arc (or other GBs) have this danger zone?

I wish I had 500k fps in inventory. noobs like me are lucky to accumulate a few hundred.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Just to mention. Being sniped is nearly always 100% a failure in the part of the Great Building owner. For an owner who is careful, the only snipe that can occur would be seriously bad timing opening up a GB in the sweet zone' (the levels where immediately n opening it can be sniped. usually between about level 33 and 68) and having other players ready to take it and opening just as a sniper is watching and the sniper acts before the other players can add P1 P2
All other events are the owners failure to not just leave it open, or too many owner FPs or letting players add small donations, take lower spots first or swapping. (usually it is a lot of small donations that do not lock P1 eventually making P1 vulnerable to a huge snipe and is where the money is)
And since Sniping is a big business. it seems that a huge number of Foe players have no idea how to stop messing up their GBs

wolfhoundtoo

Once you have 500,000 fps in your inventory why would you bother sniping? You clearly don't need them anymore and aren't using them for anything but gaining more fps. Well I guess if that's how you want to play good for you although you should change your name to have dragon in it so everyone knows you are all about your hoard. ;)

Meat Butcher

Once you have 500,000 fps in your inventory why would you bother sniping? You clearly don't need them anymore and aren't using them for anything but gaining more fps. Well I guess if that's how you want to play good for you although you should change your name to have dragon in it so everyone knows you are all about your hoard. ;)

Well to be fair, if you are ever in position with your Arc level at 170, it took close to 400k in FP's to get those last 10 levels to 180.
So yes if your GB's are high level they certainly will be needed.
Individual results for FP's needed will vary. Neutral Fool the first player on the USA server to get the Arc to 180 told me it would take around 400K in FP's the last 10 levels to 180 so she was pretty spot on.

wolfhoundtoo

Well to be fair, if you are ever in position with your Arc level at 170, it took close to 400k in FP's to get those last 10 levels to 180.
So yes if your GB's are high level they certainly will be needed.
Individual results for FP's needed will vary. Neutral Fool the first player on the USA server to get the Arc to 180 told me it would take around 400K in FP's the last 10 levels to 180 so she was pretty spot on.

It's a game so it's meant to kill time so more power to you. I don't see the point of a 170 level Arc let alone a 180 one. But like I said whatever works for you.

Meat Butcher

It's a game so it's meant to kill time so more power to you. I don't see the point of a 170 level Arc let alone a 180 one. But like I said whatever works for you.

Here is a very good reason for it.
I am a Founder in "Event Horizon" on "E" world. We have a 100% (2.0) thread for Military GB's and 2 other Founders have level 180 Arcs so we give our members full boost for spots 1 & 2 saving them thousands of FP's over time.
This allows them to use the savings on other GB's really helping each player in the guild's gameplay, which certainly promotes loyalty.

Last edited:

*DapperDan*

Well, I am glad I asked. Now I see that I am not a sniper. I am a mosquito. I am excited when I get 10 FP's saved up. :)

Jern2017

I agree with players who said there is no absolute definition of the term "sniping". It's a player made concept, so it can be interpreted in different ways.

I personally understand sniping as adding less FPs than the spot is worth (with or without 1.9), but simultaneously locking yourself in that position.

I sometimes see people in game saying their GB was sniped, then I check that GB out and see the "sniper" donated more FPs than that spot is worth even at 1.9. That's not a snipe, that's someone saving you FPs.

I see sniping as illicit donations from which the donors profit. Adding hundreds of FPs for a spot that's worth 95 FPs at 1.9 is just the donor saving the GB owner's resources.